• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think there will be travel between regions?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
While it's a cool feature, I've never liked the whole dual region concept. I always get too bored of the game to pursue another region... namely in GSC/HGSS my save files don't typically make it to Kanto or if they do, I only end up getting one or two more badges before getting completely bored.

Years
I miss the old regions and would love to see them again. Not sure how'd they'd do it though. It's probably not in this game, but maybe someday... WAY into the future. They'll have a game where they put new pokemon mixed with old pokemon in old regions... Would be odd to see, but cool to play.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Though traveling to other regions other than from Johto to Kanto is something I've been wanting to see for a long time, I doubt they'd do it this time around. Heck, maybe they could save such up for Pokemon's 20th anniversary or so. Or, if they get that far, their 50th anniversary. Man, would that be something :B

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
That'd be seriously cool~

If we can visit places like Hoenn again, that'd be awesome. Or maybe you can visit small islands that are 'technically' in different regions?

Well, they haven't done this in a long while, but, it'd be nice to have that blast of nostalgia.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I don't see why they would do it again tbh. Why would they when they could have two separate games and make twice as much? If they did, I hope it'd be a brand new region though. I want to start Hoenn from the beginning, not at lv55.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I doubt it really. Until we know more about the region, like size, location, and such, I don't think it's likely that we can. And even then, I don't see it being possible since I doubt the region is gonna be close to any other ones.

Years
The only way I could see us being able to visit multiple regions in this game is if there are multiple smaller regions that combine to make one large one (sort of like states/provinces to a country). I highly doubt will be able to visit any past regions in this game, but who knows what the future holds.

EdwardsNT

Unova League Champion
Years
I HIGHLY doubt that this will ever happen, but its been a thought of mine for awhile.

I think it would be cool for Nintendo to make one game (say for an anniversary special) or something of the sort, where every region is combined.
You start off in Kanto, move to Johto, then to hoenn, and so on and so forth.
Once you make your move to Johto, you must place all of your gen 1 pokemon into the pc and start fresh with a new starter and everything, and then later down the line are able to pull the gen 1 pokemon out of the pc during your johto journey. The same goes when moving to Hoenn or any other region.

Also, it might be something to think about... the elite 4... we face the elite four everytime, but in the anime they actually have a tournament, would be nice to have a tournament setting for once instead of going right for the elite four and then depending on how well you do in the tournament, you advance to battle the elite four.

Thoughts on any of this?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
It needs to happen; if not in this new game then a different one. I feel as though they could also revisit Orre for the sake of nostalgia. Cipher and Galactic/Plasma/Rocket working together would be cool!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It probably might not happen in Pokémon X and Y, but who knows? I would love to see two new regions, not just one... but two! ^^

It would be so epic traveling to a new region after you've defeated the Champion at the Pokémon League (that is if that was the ending).

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I don't think it'll happen since they'd just be continuing plane travel, in a sense but if they do, that'll be amazin! xD At least a small area, like a few towns or something xD

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I think that this would be great! I would like for them to make the connection to one of the old regions. Oh oh, how about they skip the possible remaking of the Hoenn games and just join up the new generation's region to Hoenn?? It's a thought! xDD But yeah, whatever happens, I'm cool with it~

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think that this would be great! I would like for them to make the connection to one of the old regions. Oh oh, how about they skip the possible remaking of the Hoenn games and just join up the new generation's region to Hoenn?? It's a thought! xDD But yeah, whatever happens, I'm cool with it~

I'd like that but I don't think a lot of fans would be into that, given that they want R/S remakes to be just like the originals and perfect in every way, rather than just thrown onto X/Y :(

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I've wanted to go to a past region again since G/S/C, it's always nice seeing all the changes that time did to it and having the nostalgia laser blast my face. xD
Since it seems that this region will be far from the others (maybe not), how about travel by plane?

It doesn't have to be full on entire regions, maybe little snippets of one or two that you might have to visit during the story, or a little teaser treat post-game.
(I'm so desperate for visiting past regions that I'll settle for this)

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
Unova and X/Y region like Kanto and Johto

Looking at the Unova region, I noticed that the whole north and east did not have a coast. So could the X/Y region be connected to the Unova like Johto is to Kanto? It would be really cool if we could visit the Unova region and challenge the gym leaders. We dont really have a use for the Mistralton Airport other than the sanctuary despite havig so many planes. So could this be possible?

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I doubt it will happen but i do have to admit Black and White and Black 2 and White 2 have set them selves up for a multiregion game like they make a massive deal about having an airport, which really does nothing in the first game, its role is expanded in the 2nd game but really it does nothing. But yeah i do think it is possible and i do think there is a chance of it, but in saying that i still doubt it will happen.

Years
How cool would it be?!

How cool would it be if, during the production of Pokemon X and Y, they implemented the Hoenn region into the game? They can make it so that Hoenn was a secret island in the X and Y region and you are now able to access it all over again in 3D, similar to Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver, except it wasn't in 3D.

thizzman

PKMN rom maker and hacker
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 9, 2022
That'd be very cool! (:
I dont personally think they'd do that but it would be nice (:

Back