• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which was the best Mario Kart game?

Best?

• Total voters

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
Which was the best?
SNES version
-N64 version
-Gamecube version
-Wii version

Vote now!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
Since I've only played the GBA and the DS ones, out of the two I'd definitely say the DS version.
MK Wii looked kind of difficult to steer when I saw someone playing it at the shop recently.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
i loved doubledash on GC its bloody good fun! Me and my brother spent hours on that game

mkwii is best played with nunchuck and remote imo. The steering wheel is poor.
SNES game was my first MK. and comes second after GC one!

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
The N64 version was fantastic. So was the Wii one on the other hand.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
The Wii version was the best, I thought, well, it is the most recent version so it's definitely the best, using the steering wheel was good fun, it wasn't that hard either... I mean using the wheel, the game was very fun, once I stayed up all night playing that, well... that was because I couldn't use my computer so I played that. Well, yeah, thats my favourite mario kart version.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
I loved Mario Kart for the GameCube, maybe because the first time I played it it was on GameCube, but yeah, it was awesome. I actually haven't got to trying Mario Kart Wii yet, so...

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
Uh, you've forgotten Mario Kart DS, which has to be my favourite, as far as I've seen. I'm yet to try MK-Wii, but MKDS surpasses the others.

I didn't include portable versions purposly. There in a different league.
N64 was my favourite, I can't really explain why.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
I loved Double Dash because it allowed me and my bro to play that track with all those maps in one. Mario Kart DS was good while it lasted, but the people on Wi-Fi got on my nerves.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
Years
Mario Kart 64 was always the best in my opinion. I like the simple but still entertaining track layout.

Mario Kart Wii comes in a close second though. The graphical updates from Double Dash were nice and online play with your friends is always fun.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Mario Kart for the wii is what I picked. It's like a remake of the N64 version even though i haven't played the wii version before.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I sorta see Super Mario Kart and Super Circuit as the same game. Identical controls and Super Circuit includes all the original courses. I would rank them...

Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart 64
Super Circuit and Super Mario Kart
Double Dash!!

You can probably switch Wii and 64 around. I'm rather fond of the 64 version, if only for nostalgia.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I picked MKWii out of them all just because of Wi-fi.
The fact that you can race against people from around the world is just....awesome!
Plus, you get a lot characters and vehicles, not to mention that the courses themselves were well-designed (For the most part).

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
I like the first mario kart game from SNES! I'm old skool, so I still play the game occasionally. lol Anyway, I like it a lot. If there was a second choice I would vote mario kart double dash as my 2nd fav. =]

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
U didnt add DS. Its my favorite by the way.

Years
MK SNES is the best unless you want online play.

If you want online then MK Wii. Technically MKDS is better than MK Wii but I'm one of those people who doesn't like the excessive snaking that took over the game.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
I never had the SNES, and the N64 one was impossible for me to place above 3rd. I liked Double Dash, but the Wii has motorbikes. XD And the bullet bill item is too good to pass up, I always get first place if I'm down and out and that thing shows up.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Apart from MKDD (Which tried something different and imo really enhanced the multiplayer) they're all pretty much the same game. So I'm going with DD.

Back