• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Lag Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Last Edit: Seemed to have fixed it with Maruno's help. Lock please.

So I took a break for a while before coming back to working on my game, but now that I'm back it has major lag problems. It never had this before, and I obviously haven't added anything lately.

Its happening only in this game (not others like my basic copy of Essentials), and happens on all maps. It starts up when I load the first map that I'm on, too.

Any idea what may causing it?

EDIT1: Tried replacing scripts with the set that works fine in the base essentials. No luck. So not the scripts.

E2:
CPU usage is at 50-60% when its lagging

I tried saving on a small map with almost no events. When I started it up again. It ran smooth, but used 30-40% CPU. When I exited to a big map (with almost no events), it lagged again, and returned to the 50-60% range

E3:
Saved on bigger map (wasn't original map that also caused it), still caused it.

Tried simply removing the original map that it was originally saved on. No effect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back