• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen More than just Unova?

blue

gucci
Years
I doubt there's another region, the games are out in just over two weeks and surely we would have heard something by now? IIRC when HGSS was surfacing, they confirmed another region over a month before it's release and I can't see how another Region would work in these games.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
He definitely is still involved with the plot. Have you seen the animated trailer for BW2? He walks out of the fog in the very beginning, and some untranslated things to say.
actually the whole trailer was translated.

if anybody saw the new trailer, that boat has to be going somewhere, but no body knows where, and we barely know anything about the game itself, we know all features and their saving story for when we get the game so you can't say we know much of anything for sure

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I doubt there's another region, the games are out in just over two weeks and surely we would have heard something by now? IIRC when HGSS was surfacing, they confirmed another region over a month before it's release and I can't see how another Region would work in these games.

Kanto was never revealed to be in G/S, it was a complete surprise, the Sevii Islands weren't revealed until just under 2 weeks before FRLG were released. Kanto was confirmed in HGSS a month before yes, but I thought it was blatantly obvious it would be in since it was a remake of G/S.

I still think there is a very good chance there is another region/set of islands off the Unova map but we'll just have to wait and see.

Years
I really don't think that we'll be able to access another region. The simple fact is that with this existing in Pokémon Gold and Silver it can never be properly done again because it was so amazing the first time. I mean sure, an addition region to complete tasks in would be great, but it won't have that initial excitement that GS had. I honestly don't think they should even attempt it; leave well enough alone.

Flygon-Gal

Fly Away!
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
I highly doubt that there would be a new region but maybe old ones or partof old ones that are accessable maybe.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
It'd certainly be ridiculously exciting if a new region was dumped on us completely unannounced, and while I highly doubt it's going to happen, it still would be a big WTF moment from me. Indeed, if it did happen, execution would have to be key in order for it to not simply become a rehash of the post-game from BW nor a Kanto-like subplot a la GSC. It could be very cool if it does happen, but consider me very sceptical on the idea.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
I think we might be able to travel to those old regions. Just a simple analysis thought, have you guys seen the power plant that was shown during the Black and White 2 trailer? It might be that Power plant in Kanto, with some new appearances of course. But nahh... just guessing.

Oh yes, about how to travel to that place, still no clue yet, maybe by ship, just like the old games?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I really don't think that we'll be able to access another region. The simple fact is that with this existing in Pokémon Gold and Silver it can never be properly done again because it was so amazing the first time. I mean sure, an addition region to complete tasks in would be great, but it won't have that initial excitement that GS had. I honestly don't think they should even attempt it; leave well enough alone.
Sounds more like a simple opinion to me. Yes it was somewhat amazing the first time, but I also felt it was lacking a good bit as well. I don't see why they shouldn't attempt it, if they want to appeal to the fans and do a fan service move then more power to them. I would enjoy going to past regions barring Kanto.

Likelihood that we will have another region though is highly doubtful. We already have a bunch of returning characters from other regions anyways so that should be enough of a fan service move already that we don't need another region.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
It'd certainly be ridiculously exciting if a new region was dumped on us completely unannounced, and while I highly doubt it's going to happen, it still would be a big WTF moment from me. Indeed, if it did happen, execution would have to be key in order for it to not simply become a rehash of the post-game from BW nor a Kanto-like subplot a la GSC. It could be very cool if it does happen, but consider me very sceptical on the idea.

But can Nintendo manage putting another region in quite a short time like this? I mean it's only been a year since they released Pokemon Black and White.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
But can Nintendo manage putting another region in quite a short time like this? I mean it's only been a year since they released Pokemon Black and White.

Another region, sub-Unova or whatever could be done during B/W development and be simply not included in original B/W.

I think there might be tropical archipelago, on the south of Unova, revealed as the place where N went after events of B/W. He went across the ocean, so there really might the place like this.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
Another region, sub-Unova or whatever could be done during B/W development and be simply not included in original B/W.

I think there might be tropical archipelago, on the south of Unova, revealed as the place where N went after events of B/W. He went across the ocean, so there really might the place like this.

Sub-unova?You mean that there will be new places in Unova? That's also what I assume to be, considering the ice covering almost all part of East Unova.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I don't see why some people think its highly unlikely.

Looker even said himself that N was spotted in a far away region, and that he was going to go look for him. I don't see the point in foreshadowing that for no reason. If Cynthia's statement about the world championships came true in B2W2, I don't see why Looker's statement wouldn't come true considering that part was pretty much the complete end of the story and was the message we were left with.

And to the people who said they didn't have time, B/W finished development probably around mid-2010 if the game was released in September 2010. That means they have had almost 2 years of development for this game WITHOUT B/W (I'm almost certain to believe that they were working on B2W2 alongside B/W so they knew what to put in, leave out etc). They have had more than enough time.

If we do get another region/set of islands, I don't think it'll be an older region. I would think that it would be a brand new set of land we have never seen before (possibly like the Sevii Islands, except it'll be one big land mass rather than separate islands).

It's still not certain, of course, but I think it shouldn't be dismissed either.

Years
Sounds more like a simple opinion to me. Yes it was somewhat amazing the first time, but I also felt it was lacking a good bit as well. I don't see why they shouldn't attempt it, if they want to appeal to the fans and do a fan service move then more power to them. I would enjoy going to past regions barring Kanto.

Likelihood that we will have another region though is highly doubtful. We already have a bunch of returning characters from other regions anyways so that should be enough of a fan service move already that we don't need another region.
I'm not entirely opposed to it. I'm coming from the standpoint of don't do it just to do it. If it is to be done I would like effort and thought to be at the forefront of its development. Past regions would be fun, yes, but isn't that why we've been getting remakes as well.

A new cluster of islands or a Mt. Silver and cities type of thing would be cool too. Especially if it managed to go completely under radar.

blue

gucci
Years
It would be funny if they didn't tell us and we discovered it in game, after defeating the Champion you get shipped off to a new region like in GSC, that would be awesome but so unlikely.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
This game just has soo much potential. Please, I don't want to be disappointed.There must be a new set of land in these upcoming games. That is what I look for first in pokemon games. I like to explore new pokemon places just like in real life. I love to travel. Even including an island like Post DPPt which I felt was pretty packed with post game activity would be nice.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I hope there's lots of new areas, there's so much that they can do with this frozen-world thing and all that space in Unova... look at all that space on the map. It's kind of disappointing to just be traveling on a line. They could do so much more! I hope they do. I'm excited for these games C:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I hope there's lots of new areas, there's so much that they can do with this frozen-world thing and all that space in Unova... look at all that space on the map. It's kind of disappointing to just be traveling on a line. They could do so much more! I hope they do. I'm excited for these games C:

Yeah, that is what irked me the most about Unova. There is so much uncovered land in the surrounding areas and those straight routes threw all my interest out the window. It just didn't have that exploration feeling like the previous games.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Sangi Town is a new town in B2W2, and it supposedly has a forest near to it, and the forest is where Keldeo changes formes.

Back