• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
My fruit is pears but I also have some mangos and bananas growing as well as one other fruit that I've forgotten what it was - I guess I'll figure it out when they sprout!

God, we need to get together right now because my peaches are getting lonely! :P I need a watering can too, because my apple trees that my friend oh-so-generously donated to me have hardly even sprouted let alone been growing, haha. I also tend to pick it up a little later at night when, like, nothing is open, leading to the lack of being able to do anything. At least I can stack my fishing and whatnot since I have a storage cabinet as to sell in bulk the next day.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
God I love this game! Everything I expected in a new Animal Crossing, everything City Folk lacked, and more! Especially the new clothing options. I just can't look at past Animal Crossing games the same again, not just pants and shoes, but crossdressing too! I just want to rant all day about my blown mind, but meh, who'd listen?

I spent a good ten minutes deciding the town name, what to reference, what fits...Equestria was my second-best (and now that I look back, probably my best) choice, but I decided to go with a Tales reference and named it Aselia, the name of the Tales of Symphonia and Phantasia world. (Just couldn't come up with anything original :p)

I've been playing non-stop and am about to reach the first week since the town's creation, so I'll soon be able to upgrade the shop, wake up Cyrus, and actually do stuff! So far, I've expanded and paid off my home loan on a daily basis and plan to finish without missing a day! The island just makes it so easy to earn bells.

What else...eh, I think I'll conclude my rant here. Just, my God this game is perfect!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I bought Wild World back in December, because I wanted to try and give the Animal Crossing games a try - I had always thought the games looked kind of boring. And, of course, it kind of was. I decided to try New Leaf, though, because of all the hype. So, I traded in Wild World and got ten dollars off New Leaf and started playing, and I really love it! This game is adorable and I can't get enough of it (even when I can't find much else to do at the moment, haha).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
God, we need to get together right now because my peaches are getting lonely! :P I need a watering can too, because my apple trees that my friend oh-so-generously donated to me have hardly even sprouted let alone been growing, haha. I also tend to pick it up a little later at night when, like, nothing is open, leading to the lack of being able to do anything. At least I can stack my fishing and whatnot since I have a storage cabinet as to sell in bulk the next day.

Trees don't need watering this game! Mine are getting there, but I think I need a few more days for them to be fully grown. @-@

I'm having the same problem with picking it up late at night though. At least there's an ordinance that you can pass once you get all set up that makes people stay up later, the stores stay open later, etc. I'm really impatient for tomorrow in my game because that ordinance will go into effect, my public work of a yellow bench will be built, and my house will be expanded!

How is everyone decorating their houses? Any pictures of them? I always have tons of trouble deciding how to decorate my house in this game. @-@ Gulliver gave me a Statue of Liberty on the first day I played so I want to use that because I feel like that kind of thing is rare, right? But I have no idea how to build a house around it. XD

Years
I currently have Peaches, Oranges, and Cherries if anyone still needs any more of the fruits (feel free to send me a PM with your Friend Code, mine is public so feel free to just snatch it out of my profile ^_^)

Also to anyone looking for the watering can, it can be obtained without shopping for it

I'll give ya'll spoilered instructions below.

Spoiler:

I totally missed the Bug Off, but at least now I have an ordiance where people stay up later so I don't have to wake up early just to play my game (My work schedule lovingly loves to keep me away from this game. >_>)

What are some of the Public Works Projects you started? I'm building a campsite, while several other of my friends are working on Fountains or more bridges.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
First thing I did was build a bench right on the edge of the cliff overlooking the ocean! I was a little annoyed that I couldn't rotate it because there was a great spot where it would have fit vertically but looked weird horizontally. I started/paid off the campsite today, so it'll be up tomorrow, then I'll probably get a bridge because having one bridge is a bit of a pain x.x;

You got the Garden Center cause you watered flowers or pulled weeds or planted trees/flowers at least 30 times. So it's probably related, but not directly related. :P I just got peaches today, so now I'm up to...what, 5 fruits? I'm trying to get the museum shop open too, but I just have to be patient and wait till Redd is in town to buy a painting because I have the fish over half filled and bugs are lots filled and fossils are lots filled but i have no paintings. :(

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
As someone who has owned and played every Animal Crossing game since the original one on the Gamecube, I can definitely say that New Leaf is the best in the series.

As for my town, its called Hell (not after the fiery place, but instead after the Caribbean island of Hell, strange, I know) and as for my fruits, my main fruit is peaches, though I do have a few cherry trees (though none of them have produced anything yet).

I'm trying to get the museum shop open too, but I just have to be patient and wait till Redd is in town to buy a painting because I have the fish over half filled and bugs are lots filled and fossils are lots filled but i have no paintings. :(
I have the same problem. Tons of fish, tons of bugs, tons of fossils, but no paintings.

Also, if anyone wants to exchange friend codes, just pm me.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I have no paintings as well for my museum. Dx Redd is in town today though, so I have to look up a guide that shows me how to tell which paintings are real and which are fake. xD I got my Garden Shop today, though the axe wasn't in stock today.I'm so eager to chop down some of those trees. xD

Also if anyone wants my FC, PM me. :3 I have cherries, and I'm growing coconuts, lychees, bananas, and apples.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm trying to fish for Red Snappers, but look; this is my luck in a nutshell:

tumblr_moco0awWQV1qfv29bo1_500.jpg

Ugh. Hopefully I'll make 220K by the end of the day, but... it's not easy. XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm having an issue rn where I'm trying to fish for moray eels, which are the same size shadow as sea bass. This means I'm getting inventories full of sea bass with no other money-making fish mixed in there, and I still haven't found my eel. :( I did get up to like 45 fish in my encyclopedia today though!

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
Hey guys, if anyone wants to exchange FC's today I'll be around :) Only have cherries so far, and please don't trample my flowers as I don't have paths yet T.T

Years
I've hardly had time to really get into my game the last couple of days, but I did finally have a chance to play some of the mini-games on the island, which was fun if not a bit underwhelming. I do finally have 1 painting in my mueseum. I guess I've gotten a bit lucky considering I had no idea that Red could sell you fakes 0_0

I've just tried transplanting some fruit from the islands over onto the mainland to see how/if they grow.

I still need Pears, gave my axe away to a friend who continually was getting unlucky with his shop so my orchard of sorts is getting very crowded very fast.

Also I'm horrible at catching the bugs on the trees. I almost always never see them.

Also my character is tripping like every 5 minutes, I may have given him cancer or something.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
IS RESETTI BACK? He's a classic. I hate him, but it couldn't be animal crossing without Resetti.
I reset a few times to see if he was in, and apparently he only shows up the first time you reset unless you have the Reset Surveillance Center built.

Last edited:

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I've hardly had time to really get into my game the last couple of days, but I did finally have a chance to play some of the mini-games on the island, which was fun if not a bit underwhelming. I do finally have 1 painting in my mueseum. I guess I've gotten a bit lucky considering I had no idea that Red could sell you fakes 0_0

I will be given access to the island tomorrow. :] I'm kinda excited because I heard there's tons of new things on it that you aren't able to get in your own town. How are you liking it so far? Also, I haven't gotten any paintings yet. I guess that'll come soon enough.

Also my character is tripping like every 5 minutes, I may have given him cancer or something.

My character was tripping constantly yesterday. I heard that it was because Katrina (the fortune teller) declared your fortune 'unlucky', therefore causing you to trip continually for a day. Luckily it's only for a day. Supposedly, if you want to stop tripping, you're going to need to locate her in a town where she's in, whether it be yours or someone else's, and obtain the item she tells you to acquire in order to cure the bad luck.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
My town's name is Westwind and my name is Tanzania. I've got Bianca the snow leopard, Pierce the eagle, Tipper the cow, Ribbot the frog-droid, Hans the gay gorilla, Filbert the lazy squirrel, and Sally the squirrel, I think. I've had it since it was released on the 9th and I've logged about 80 hours or more, I think. Hey, if you want to add me as a friend message me! My 3DS friend code is in my lookup thingy. I REALLY want a Midna's mask, so I'll pay or trade for it.

Overall, the game is slightly disappointing in new content but still incredibly fun and addictive. The multiplayer/online feature is a great touch, I've learned some spotty Japanese! It's a fantastic game, just wish it could be a bit different. Soooo many things are the same...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I got a Mona Lisa yesterday, so that was fun! Although is there any other way to get paintings other than at Redd's gallery?

And yeah, as above, PM for friend codes and whatnot. I'd love to check out everyone's towns so far. My fruit is cherries, FYI. :D

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Yeah, sometimes, villagers would sell art. I'm not sure if it guarantees authenticity or not, but it was a bit more expensive than usual (I think it was 20% more?). In my case, Blathers accepted it into the museum. ^-^

Back