• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I actually like Nicki Minaj. I wouldn't go out and buy her CD or buy a ticket to her concert, but if I hear her on the radio I don't change the station. The lastest song by her I've really liked was "Beez in the trap".

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My housemate thought Nicki Minaj was a) a British radio presenter and b) a man until last week. He's not so unhip and down wif da kidz to be completely oblivious to such stuff, which made it all the more hilarious when I found out last week!

Oh, and Monster/Till The World End Remix >>>>> anything else she's done. Still kinda weird that she's an AI judge, but eh.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
At least AI has diva queen Mariah Carey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'll point you to the title of this thread for my opinion on the subject.

I know that it still gets loads of viewers, but does it still have the same zeitgeist-y impact that it did in its heyday? I genuinely don't know, as it's been absolutely ages since I've watched it.

Years
Was American Idol ever relevant?

I never got why it was always people singing (from what little I saw of it) and never anyone who had, say, any other musical or entertainment skills?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I can't get into X Factor. The whole format to me is nonsense. I liked the Idol series' better because it was just a much simpler, straightforward singing competition. They didn't need to complicate it by going with that whole 'mentors' and 'teams' nonsense.

I don't really watch any of them anymore and haven't for ages, but that's my take on it. I much prefer Idol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I haven't watched American Idol since Kris Allen's season. I don't remember what season that was, but I'll be watching American Idol this time just to see a) Mariah Carey's diva antics and b) What Nicki Minaj has to say. I'm interested in how she'll do, Nicki Minaj, because I don't view her to be a very talented vocalist. I don't particularly like her, but I listen to her music every now and then because she has a lot of ear worms and her music is just fun. Sometimes that's all I want in my music, and I don't particularly take her very seriously.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I imagine it's only a couple of years, maybe three, until Idol gets cancelled, regardless of the star power they're pulling in. Unless Mariah & Nicki (lets be honest, like three people from Nashville or something will watch Idol for Keith Urban) prove to be some kind of ratings dream team the show hasn't seen since the heyday of Simon and Drunk Paula, Idol will finally be off the air, something that I think should have happened to years ago tbh. Besides, they can't exactly compare with the likes of Britney Spears & Demi Lovato who currently doing quite well as judges on X Factor. Simon knew when to jump the sinking ship; the rest don't.

Years
Simon and Drunk Paula

My God Paula was so drunk all the time. But I liked her overall, although it was mainly Simon and her arguing that was the best part, with Randy laughing in the corner. Those were the good old days when American Idol was a good show and I watched it.

The auditions were the best, but I HATED when they'd do a "sob story" and focus on one person for the ENTIRE last 15 minutes of the episode. Not trying to be harsh, but: i get that your life is sad and you are an awesome person, but this is a singing competition not a whose life is the saddest competition.

Shining Raichu

Years
Fun fact: my aunt's boss's daughter is on this season of Australian X Factor (I know, right? Such a claim to fame) and she didn't have a sob story so they made her invent one for the show.

Years
Her sob story was that she didn't have a sob story. So tragic.

I hate seeing people's sob stories (they make me sad) unless it's showing them actually making it to something important, like getting to the Olympics or hearing about J. K. Rowling making it big after struggling. "Appearing on American Idol" isn't gonna tip the scales enough and I'll be left feeling sad.

Shining Raichu

Years
I don't know that I'd even consider JK Rowling's story a 'sob story'. Her parents died while she was an adult and she happened to find herself in a situation where she was terribly, terribly poor. Usually sob stories are like "I have cancer and so does my dog, but my husband left me and singing is how I get through the day" or "my husband is in Iraq and I'm raising his four children because I couldn't keep it in my pants. He hasn't even met the youngest, Bessy"

Then again I guess hers would be a sob story... maybe it's just the matter-of-fact way she tells it that makes it seem otherwise lol

Years
Usually sob stories are like "I have cancer and so does my dog, but my husband left me and singing is how I get through the day" or "my husband is in Iraq and I'm raising his four children because I couldn't keep it in my pants. He hasn't even met the youngest, Bessy"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH XD

and she didn't have a sob story so they made her invent one for the show.

Don't you just love how realistic reality tv is? Even when it's fake, they do such a good job of making everyone's lives/lifestyles SO believable. (like Snooki's, or the real housewives)

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Okay, I have to ask this: does anyone here think Survivor is real?

Years
Okay, I have to ask this: does anyone here think Survivor is real?

About as real as Heidi Montag.
Spoiler:

Shining Raichu

Years
I watched the last Season of Survivor because we happened to turn it on late one night and then we got hooked... because trash TV is actually surprisingly addictive.

But no, it's not real.

Years
I think it's some kind of suspension of belief thing. There isn't really a camera. They really are struggling for survival. And it's... entertaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back