• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
Those leg thingys should be a blue or some other color. Green makes it look like a plant.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Are these better at all..?

I changed them to blue, and they looked okay, but now they're more of an aqua colour. I like it and it fits my original vision.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Yes, surfing.

Latest and probably final revision of the Jellol line:
2159952.png

The tentacles are completely redone, so as to look less like plants, but I have reverted to the green colour as I prefer it and think it looks better.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Yes, surfing.

Latest and probably final revision of the Jellol line:
2159952.png

The tentacles are completely redone, so as to look less like plants, but I have reverted to the green colour as I prefer it and think it looks better.

Wow you never seem to disappoint me. Those custom sprites look great! Oh and a little advice, don't just change something just 'cause one person said it looked weird. Keep up the good work ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2009
HOW LONG TILL MY DREAMS COME TRUE???????????? (In other words , how long til the game is ready to play?)

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
A long while yet.

Wow you never seem to disappoint me. Those custom sprites look great! Oh and a little advice, don't just change something just 'cause one person said it looked weird. Keep up the good work ;)
Thanks, and well, it was three people over various mediums, and I definitely seen where they were coming from.

But I have fixed the tentacles and in my opinion they are fine as they stand, even with the green colour.
But the old ones DID look like plants.

Last edited:

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
That looks great! This thing is really coming together! Another question. How will TMs and HMs be retrieved? Will Pokémon learn them in their moveset?

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Hmm... For me, those fakemon doesn't look like Pokémon. Just my opinion, no offense. :P
Well, now I've improved a lot my spriting skill, I can PM you my work. Check your inbox. XD
I'm willing to help you on the fakemon.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Not yet, it was started like a week ago.

Hmm... For me, those fakemon doesn't look like Pokémon. Just my opinion, no offense. :P
Well, now I've improved a lot my spriting skill, I can PM you my work. Check your inbox. XD
I'm willing to help you on the fakemon.

Yeah, don't worry about it, I'm not offended. I am no good. >:

And you're willing to sprite? That'd be great.

Years
One thing that really caught my eye when I wandered into your thread was the battle background. They are great, to be honest. Are they rips or custom? You don't have to answer if you want to keep it private (I understand if you want them to be unique to your game).

Your story of being stranded on an island with feral Pokémon is good, too. It sounds a little like Dragon Quest, only without the presence of some extremely evil monster or being. The only thing that seems wrong with the plot is player and NPC interaction. Because there is no one to talk to, it seems that the initiative to keep playing will die down quickly. Maybe instead of making it completely uninhabited, add a few trainers and people from the crash? Just a suggestion.

The demo video is pretty good, too. You said you were replacing the pictures with graphics, correct? If so, that should make your overall presentation a lot better. The one thing that really doesn't appeal to me is the battle interface. It's style goes completely against everything else. Maybe try to make the boxes a little bigger, anti-alias them, and make them just a little duller? Once again, only a suggestion.

Anyway, progress so far looks pretty good. I can't really judge the project as a whole yet, but it's looking to shape up pretty well so far.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Thanks, Alistair.

I'll try to answer some of that.
"One thing that really caught my eye when I wandered into your thread was the battle background. They are great, to be honest. Are they rips or custom? You don't have to answer if you want to keep it private (I understand if you want them to be unique to your game)."
I'm not one to take credit for work that isn't mine, and I can tell you now that they are ripped.
However, I will not reveal from which game they are ripped. It would probably be easy to find but I would much appreciate it if people didn't look.

"The only thing that seems wrong with the plot is player and NPC interaction. Because there is no one to talk to, it seems that the initiative to keep playing will die down quickly."
That's the beauty of the genre. You don't need anyone to talk to but yourself. The only thing I'm stuck between deciding now is whether or not the player will talk to himself or narrate.
If I can pull it off the game probably won't have that problem.

"The one thing that really doesn't appeal to me is the battle interface. It's style goes completely against everything else. Maybe try to make the boxes a little bigger, anti-alias them, and make them just a little duller? Once again, only a suggestion."
I'm quite keen on them to be honest, but I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
THIS GAME LOOKS AND SOUNDS GREAT!

I love the whole idea of packs of pokemon and battling boss pokemon--or sort of. The adventure sounds like loads of fun, and I can imagine it already! Scaling perilous mountains! Trekking active volcanoes! wading through Sharpedeo-infested waters!

This sounds like fun. I would totally play this! And seeing as you have almost no help other than yourself, I could also help. A little bit that is. I could help spriting wise and story wise.

I hope this project turn out as great as it sounds, because this would be tons of fun.

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Don't change the battle system for one person. It looks great, as many people have agreed so far. Can't wait to see what uou have up your sleeve next. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back