• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legends (working title)

Which region would you rather see in Pokemon Legends?

• Hoenn

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
I love it how those original palettes and map layout are rendered to create a new map. Johto Road looks just like any official route. The idea of linking your new region to Johto is cool! Good job! :D

So when around do you get to even travel Johto Road to Cianwood City, let alone explore the rest of Johto? And will Kanto be included, or parts of it anyway? Also, I think you should change Johto Road's name to a name that sort of combines the name of Johto and your new region! :)

Don't give up! Do take your time or even a break, but don't entirely stop. This hack will definately make a name foritself in Pokemon Hacking history, and if you put enough effort into it, it will be amoung the greats! ;)

Yay! My (apparently legit) 100th post in Pkmncommunity! I celebrate! :laugh:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I think I may have forgotten about this hack for a while. I apologize.

An interesting turn of events. Welcome to the Johto group! We all love Johto and our headquarters are located in Goldenrod! :laugh: I'll wait to hear how much of it do you plan to put in the hack. I'll wait to see more news, but in the meantime you're doing a good job (specially when mapping)

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Its' all about Johto, but I guess it was a great region! :P Please make the new region just as great! ;)

Scompi

Hey everyone, I have made quite some progress since my last update. Not so much in Cianwood(yes, i'm still there), but adding events to the already made towns/cities. Here is an updated list of towns/routes/caves and their completion:

Sunset Peninsula: 100% Last Update: Before v0.6
-No Update
Briarsedge Town: 100% Last Update: 01/01/07
-Added two brats saying 'you can't pass until you tell us the password', so you can't leave until you earn the badge. Mother makes them leave and apologizes after you beat the gym
-Added Prof.Oaks Aide to give you running shoes.
Cyan City: 90% Last Update: 01/01/07
-Added a Rival Battle, when you try to leave to Route 4(North).
Cianwood City: 60% Last Update: 01/02/07
-Added Gym
-Added PC
-Added Cave
Route 1: 100% Last Update: Before v0.6
Route 3: 100% Last Update: Before v0.6
Route 4: 99% Last Update: 12/28/06
-Added Trainers
-Added Wild Pkmn
Briar Woods: 100% Last Update: Before v0.6
Johto Valley: 100% Last Update: 12/30/06
-Added Trainers
Mt.Sedge: 100% Last Update: Before v0.6
Underwater Caves: 20% Last Update: Currently Working On

The Underwater Caves will connect Cianwood to Olivine, since you can't use SURF yet. At the beginning of the cave you will see Oak, well... His Imposter and you will have to battle him. You then find out the real Oak has been kidnapped. This is where you will first meet Team Rocket.

Expect a demo out within the next week, or on the weekend. Thanks, Scompi.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
I'm really looking forward to the demo then buddy. This sounds exciting. An imposter Oak, he got kidnapped. Well I guess it's up to me to save him.:P Nice update and list scompi.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
So the events of Team Rocket and going to Johto is pretty soon, huh? That's neat. Hopefully you'll get to see more of that Imposter Oak, and maybe he turns out to be someone the trainer knows. I like the idea of the Underwater Caves (why not call it Underwater Caverns?) - that place is bound to have hidden goods, even a rare Pokemon(s)! The two brats and the password event in Briarsedge Town is a great idea too! These ideas are so unique (from how I see it), and this just makes me even more anxious to play your hack. Keep hacking! ;)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
kool hack i was wonderin if u still wanted people to help with naming people and places and what not i cud help with that also if u want i can help with thinkin up of side quiests and such

Silon

Amber for Ever!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Okay. I just downloaded the game, and I found an error. :)

When you talk to the person in the PokeMart to obtain Oak's Parcel, he first says, "You're from Pallet Town right?"

I believe that's wrong. :P

Scompi

Just to let everyone know, the demo is almost ready. I'm just adding the finishing touches, fixing bugs and editing some battles. It will be ready, latest Thursday.

Until then, here is an updated list of towns/routes and there progress.

Cyan City: 90% Last Update: 01/01/07
Cianwood City: 60% Last Update: 01/02/07
Olivine City: 0% Last Update: Never
Route 4: 100% Last Update: 12/28/06
Underwater Caves: 95% Last Update: Currently Working On
-Added Team Rocket battles
-Added Imposter Oak Battle
-Added Giovanni Battle
-Added real Prof. Oak event
-Finished mapping
-Added Items

The only real updates were for the Underwater Caves.

Thanks, Scompi.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
That's good to near from you Scompi. Remember, we're all counting on you to finsih this hack.
yes.gif

Scompi

Pokemon Legends v1.0

The demo will end right after you save Prof. Oak in the Underwater Caves. Well, enjoy.

Thanks, Scompi.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Great, a demo. *downloads*
Your maps are reakky good, I can't wait for more screenshots.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
I sampled your hack, and I'm impressed the originality and layout of the map and plot. Good job Scompi! :cheeky: May I post a few minor oddities (they don't hinder anything, though):

t2.jpg

There's a blank space after the names of some trainers, particularly a few on Route 3 (this was from Briar Woods, I think). :\

t3.jpg
t7.jpg

I presume they're text errors...the signpost and trainer start speaking some alien dialect or something! LOL :D

t4.jpg
t6.jpg

The second picture above this text is a bad example, but these two don't look at you when you talk to them. Though the second picture (with the little boy in Pokecentre) seems to look false, but talk to him, and he won't look at you. Sorry that I took the shot at the wrong time for that one! :nervous:

t5.jpg

No problem at all...however, I'm curious with what this building will include...TR take-over of course, right?! :)

Well, other than those minor oddities, everyone's fine! Once again, great job, and don't give up! It was fun sampling it...I long to see more out of this hack. ;)

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Hmm... maybe I will test this out... Yes I think I will. WAIT! NO! I am supposed to be making a banner. I will test this out later.

I'm coming Photoshop!

btw, it looks good. Hence why I am going to test it out.

See ya

Scompi

I sampled your hack, and I'm impressed the originality and layout of the map and plot. Good job Scompi! :cheeky: May I post a few minor oddities (they don't hinder anything, though):

t2.jpg

There's a blank space after the names of some trainers, particularly a few on Route 3 (this was from Briar Woods, I think). :\

t3.jpg
t7.jpg

I presume they're text errors...the signpost and trainer start speaking some alien dialect or something! LOL :D

t4.jpg
t6.jpg

The second picture above this text is a bad example, but these two don't look at you when you talk to them. Though the second picture (with the little boy in Pokecentre) seems to look false, but talk to him, and he won't look at you. Sorry that I took the shot at the wrong time for that one! :nervous:

t5.jpg

No problem at all...however, I'm curious with what this building will include...TR take-over of course, right?! :)

Well, other than those minor oddities, everyone's fine! Once again, great job, and don't give up! It was fun sampling it...I long to see more out of this hack. ;)

Thanks for posting these errors! I didn't have it tested. I will fix them ASAP. As for the big building in Cyan City, I can't say right now.

Thanks, Scompi.

EDIT: Okay I fixed those bugs. Unfortunately i couldnt figure out what was causing the fourth bug(guy with gba), not to look at you.

Here is the link to Pokemon Legends v1.1

Some screens,

screen1lf3.png
screen2je6.png

screen4np6.png
screen5wc7.png

screen6kf0.png
screen7vs2.png

screen8aj9.png
screen9ub8.png

screen10rj8.png

*sigh*... this is a long post.

Here is an updated list of Towns/routes/caves

Cyan City: 95% Last Update: 01/14/07
Cianwood City: 100% Last Update: 01/14/07
Olivine City: 0% Last Update: Never
Route 4: 100% Last Update: 12/28/06
Route 40: 1% Last Update: 01/14/07
Underwater Caves: 99.9% Last Update: 01/12/07

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Nice new screenshots.
I see you've added some new events. Keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back