• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any animals that aren't Pokemon yet?

Years
I'm very intrigued by this. There are 649 Pokemon, and yet there are still animals that haven't been converted into a Pokemon.

Like a squid for example. There are jellyfish and octopus Pokemon, but no squids.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I would love so much to have a squid Pokemon. It would become my most favourite Pokemon ever.

As for other animals that haven't been represented by the Pokemon franchise, I can't think of any Pokemon based off a Rhino maybe? I'm having a little trouble thinking of common animals that haven't been represented!

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I would love so much to have a squid Pokemon. It would become my most favourite Pokemon ever.

As for other animals that haven't been represented by the Pokemon franchise, I can't think of any Pokemon based off a Rhino maybe? I'm having a little trouble thinking of common animals that haven't been represented!

You forgot Rhyhorn line I guess.

Anyway, I would love to see a pokemon based off a goat. A mountain goat to be exact, and it could be a rock type.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
You forgot Rhyhorn line I guess.

Anyway, I would love to see a pokemon based off a goat. A mountain goat to be exact, and it could be a rock type.

Yea, I completely forgot about Rhyhorn.

Thinking about goats, I wouldn't mind seeing their take on a tree-climbing goat.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I'd really like to see a proper shrimp. A pistol shrimp would be a great concept for that. That, and a flamingo.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I love these kinds of threads!!

I want a swordfish. I think that would be an excellent Pokemon. :3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If Girafarig and Zebstrika had a baby, it should so be a new Pokemon based on an okapi. It's one of my favourite animals, even though no one knows about it who hasn't played Zoo Tycoon. And it just looks so cute! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I love these kinds of threads!!

I want a swordfish. I think that would be an excellent Pokemon. :3
That'd be awesome!

Also, not a real animal, but I think it'd be cool if they based a Pokemon on a gryphon. And I'd like to see more spiders, there aren't enough spider-based Pokemon.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Thinking about goats, I wouldn't mind seeing their take on a tree-climbing goat.

Wouldn't it be awesome?! Specifically, the Markhor, wich is a species of wild goat. Those horns really look like drills or something. I'm visualizing now an angry Markhor using Megahorn or Earthquake.

Mr Cat Dog said:
If Girafarig and Zebstrika had a baby, it should so be a new Pokemon based on an okapi. It's one of my favourite animals, even though no one knows about it who hasn't played Zoo Tycoon. And it just looks so cute! :D

It would be really nice. I love them. Maybe it could be a Normal type pokemon?

I realize that there also isn't any hammerhead shark yet. It could be an evolved form of a swordfish Pokemon.

That's a nice idea. There's no proper shark in the pokemon world actually. Only Garchomp line, wich isn't so much off a shark. Sharpedo is half shark, and I don't like it.
I still don't get how they could make only two shark pokemon.

Years
I realize that there also isn't any hammerhead shark yet. It could be an evolved form of a swordfish Pokemon.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
hedgehogs are pretty cool
Isn't Shaymin based on a hedgehog?

--

Anyway, I think it would be nice to see a Pokemon based on a rat. I'm aware of Raticate and Rattata, but they both appear to be more similar to mice than rats. Or a gerbil...that would be cool as well.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
A goat obviously, but I drew a fakemon starter of it and its evolutions of the Fire/Ground types. I would draw it again, but I can't come up with the names.

Years
I'll compose a list of all the animals we haven't seen, that you guys said.

Squid
Goat
Dolphin
Shrimp
Swordfish
Okapi
Hammerhead Shark
Scarab
Rat (kinda)

Now that I look at it, there is no Orca, or Dung Beetle.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I'll compose a list of all the animals we haven't seen, that you guys said.

Squid
Goat
Dolphin
Shrimp
Swordfish
Okapi
Hammerhead Shark
Scarab
Rat (kinda)

Now that I look at it, there is no Orca, or Dung Beetle.

:D Your list an suggestions are awesome!

Now when thinking shrinp I would specifically want a [Tiger Pistol Shrimp], that wud be cool.

We also dont have a narwhal but smogon created one of those on their Create a Pokemon Project and I must say it turned out quite nice :)!

Ptzery

Skitty trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
I don't think there's been a tiger, lion or panther pokemon... That would be cool.

Back