• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Lightning Yellow

What Should this Hack's Name be?

• Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Pokemon Electric Yellow

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Pokemon Yellow Voltage

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Pokemon Pikachu Edition

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other(Post name)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Please do not double post Charizardguy. We have an edit button if you want to add more to your last post.

-posts merged-

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Pikachu Following you would be the last thing done, if done at all(being a medium lvl XSE scripter, it is impossible for me)

Also, I'm in need of a Spriter/OW Spriter...

Update:

Now using X-Busters Super DP Rom base!

Do you still need one,'cause I want to take the job:P

Years
heey T looks very nice..
but can you please put and enter about after 3 screens because it messes up the layout XD Well BOL!
Thats somethin I can do right now...

Do you still need one,'cause I want to take the job:P
Not for this hack.

Ok... some things in the first few minutes of playing. Gary's pidgey has ice punch and he doesn't have eevee.

Also if you try to rename charmander you become the guy who gives it to you.
I'll work on this if I continue this hack.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2008
It sounds like its really good T. I can't wait till you've finished the game because yellow was the time when i was into pokemon and i never liked the new series. Original 150 ftw.

Thanks for doing this i hope it'll be done soon ^_^ i cant wait.

Years
It sounds like its really good T. I can't wait till you've finished the game because yellow was the time when i was into pokemon and i never liked the new series. Original 150 ftw.

Thanks for doing this i hope it'll be done soon ^_^ i cant wait.
Thanks.
T
if you still need a OW i can make pikachu folo you but u wont be able to run
I have all the OW's I need.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
hmm I made this..It sucks but meh..
untitled-4.png

Use it just give credit
looks like this in game (ignore the pikachu...i was trying something in hex)
wdwefa.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2009
What an excellent Idea. I thought of the name Lightening Yellow a long time ago back when I thought It was actually going to be released. Good luck with your hack. I really hope it works out for you!^_^ Of course I lost interest in the pokemon Anime a long time ago due to the repetitiveness of the storyline. Still I liked Yellow so I'm looking forward to playing this hack. I'm really surprised no one thought of this sooner than you did. Wait! I thought about doing this before you but I don't really hack games beyond Generation 2 so I'll credit you as thinking of it first because I'm no good with engine work. I enjoy Sprite and map layout hacking. I'm one of those people who likes things to be visually Stunning. So where are you going to get the anime pikachu cries from? I doubt Pokemon Yellow considering that the cries are muffled and low quality. Although you might be able to enhance them in Audacity or some other sound editing program. Good luck with your hack.

From: Glitchhunter09 A.K.A Glitch, Pokemon Glitching exordinaire

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
What an excellent Idea. I thought of the name Lightening Yellow a long time ago back when I thought It was actually going to be released. Good luck with your hack. I really hope it works out for you!^_^ Of course I lost interest in the pokemon Anime a long time ago due to the repetitiveness of the storyline. Still I liked Yellow so I'm looking forward to playing this hack. I'm really surprised no one thought of this sooner than you did. Wait! I thought about doing this before you but I don't really hack games beyond Generation 2 so I'll credit you as thinking of it first because I'm no good with engine work. I enjoy Sprite and map layout hacking. I'm one of those people who likes things to be visually Stunning. So where are you going to get the anime pikachu cries from? I doubt Pokemon Yellow considering that the cries are muffled and low quality. Although you might be able to enhance them in Audacity or some other sound editing program. Good luck with your hack.

From: Glitchhunter09 A.K.A Glitch, Pokemon Glitching exordinaire

not really..The anime (Real) Pikachu cry sounds great in game I would know I've done it, it just affects other cries, such as raichu and arbok so I wouldn't advise T to do it.
well If you wanted to hear what it would sound like I have a test from when I was planning a yellow remake..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6LAE87jSo

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2009
Nice! No offense to your artistic style but The professor Oak sprites make oak look sick or anorexic. he also looks like he has a milk mustache. I suggest that you fix his sprite a little. broaden the shoulders an fix the "milk Mustache" a little. Of course they are your sprites so make them however you want. I'm just merely stating Oak doesn't look too good. (Health wise)

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
meh, I can't be bothered, T can edit them as he pleases.
I am actually a decent spriter, it's just hard when your using the oldmans frame as a base as well as his palettes.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2009
That's nice to hear. Well I see what you mean. Some sprites are a real pain to edit. Btw this is kind of off subject but do you know any good Gif sprite animators that are free? I had the trial version of Sprite builder but it was used up. I want a freeware GIF sprite animator.

Years
I'm not really hacking right now, but heres what the new James OW is gonna look like:
50newdt3.png

It's not official, but I'm trying to match it with the James Trainer Sprite.

BTW, All I want to edit in Zeikku's Sprites are the Eyebrows(Look too thick to me.)

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2008
T are you actually gonna finish this hack or are you gonna stop now. Please give me a definite answer because your gettin my hopes up. Loads of people got my hopes up before and non of them finished their versions of yellow remake.

I dont mind waiting, i just dont want to wait for ages just to know uv stopped and gave up on this.

Years
Time to test my dedication.
I'll work on this hack as much as I can for the next week.
If I get enough done, I'll keep it up.
I have to redo 1/2 the scripts I did before, make some new ones, and hopefully script a minigame.

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • MN
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
This hack looks awesome and I really want to play it but (Off topic) It wont play and I can't patch it or anything! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back