• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald?

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters

Anguscr4p

3rd Gen Enthusiast
Years
I can't stand the text they used for R/S, and they just look very sloppy in comparison to FR/LG/E. Honestly, if Zangoose and Seedot were available in Emerald (I know Seedot is, but he's too damn rare), I wouldn't have even tried Ruby.

Emerald just looks much nicer, makes more sense and is more enjoyable than the other two, I feel.

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Obviously Emerald. First of all you can catch all the legendaries ( kyogre, groudon, rayquaza and Reggies) in it. Secondly It has the battle frontier feature. Also you can find both the fossils in it

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
I choose Emerald cause for the villians there they have them both in ruby and sapphire and its way better to play as well

Sirfetch’d

Emerald! It is my favorite game of all time and it expanded nicely on Ruby and Sapphire.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I think that Sapphire and Ruby are both great games in their own right but they almost feel like incomplete or beta versions for Emerald. I felt that Emerald was much more complete. So it definitely gets my top ranking out of the three.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Voted for Pokemon Emerald! First i am ever played and it have more feature than R/S.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
My favorite is Emerald because of you can catch the 3 Main Legendaries, The Improvement of some Graphics, and the Battle Frontier.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I choose Ruby partly for nostalgic reasons, but also because I like the feeling of being on the side of one of the gangs. Emerald was awesome with its added features and Pokémon, but in Emerald you have to fight against both teams and bring balance to them. That's cool and all, but I like joining up with one of them, in Ruby's case with Team Aqua which is my favorite!

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2015
My first game was pokemon Ruby
But in my opinion Emerald was better because it had Battle Frontier, better than Battle tower

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
Like most other people, I prefer Emerald. The sprite animations, the Battle Frontier...It kept everything good from the previous two games and added some great new features.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I prefer Pokémon Emerald due to all the reasons that's been stated thus far. Also, if you had the correct tickets in this game, you were able to access Birth Island and Navel Rock and catch Ho-oh, Lugia, and Deoxys. I've had a lot of fun playing this game. According to my save file, I've played this game for a total of 654 hours. xD"

Years
I would have to say Emerald. It's the sister game of Ruby and Sapphire, and it has more. You can catch both Kyogre and Groudon. You can also catch Rayquaza which is a kick-__ Pokemon! It was also my second Pokemon game ever! :3

Back