• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Macho Brace

I've just continued playing my Pokemon game after taking a break for more than a year and I can't seem to remember what attribute does macho brace increase. Does it just increase your pokemon's attack or does it depend on its nature or the attacks it use? So far I've only used it on my Dodrio (since I started playing again 3 days ago) and the effects of the macho brace stopped somewhere around L60 (Can't remember if its L60 or not but somewhere near it) and it only increased my attack. So what are the effects of macho brace on your pokemon's stat increase?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
^ not immediately at least. It's used to EV train your pokemon so you can maximize its potential. :P

Vindy

The Editor
Years
A fair number of original pokemon are available in the fourth generation after getting the national dex, although it takes a lot of time and effort. Serebii and Bulbapedia might be helpful. You could also borrow an old DS from someone and transfer everything from Fire Red to Platinum through the Pal Park. And when Heart Gold and Soul Silver come out you can probably get most of the originals.

As for downloadable versions... A brief search brought up nothing at all, so until it's officially confirmed I wouldn't count on it.

Hopefully this helps.

Years
Trading Kanto Pokemon between Sapphire and Emerald?

In about a month I will be getting Pokemon Emerald, and already now I'm thinking about what I am going to do in the game. But I have a question. Does one always need the national dex to trade Kanto Pokemon, that aren't in the Hoenn dex, to Emerald? What I mean is, could I trade say a Ditto from my completed Sapphire game, to Emerald while at say the 4th gym? Or is the national dex always required, despite it being a Sapphire-to-Emerald trade?

The Red Chain

I was wondering where Relicanth is found

You can find it in the underwater routes 124 & 126..
It's rare, so you'll have to have patience.

havent you tried the pokedex?
He probably doesn't have it in his Pokedex, since he's looking for it afterall. >:

Years
is there any other method getting a thunderstone than trading these shard things? if not, where can i get these shards and where can i trade them for the t.stone? and how many do i need?

Years
There is a Thunderstone next to the Generator in New Mauville (surf on route 110 in case you don't know where that is; talk to Watson first).
Yellow Shard locations:
1. Route 124. If you head north and circle right from the Hunter's House, you
will find a place you can Dive. Follow this path to find a shard.
2. Route 126. From Sootopolis City, Surf left and then north as far as you can
go. You'll find some dark water you can Dive in. Do so and cross the small
square of dark ground, then surface on the other side. Head left and south
to find another patch of dark (along with Swimmer Nikki). Dive in this patch
and find three dark spots. The topmost of these three contains the shard.
3. Steal one from wild Chinchou.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
Years
I don't quite know if this has been asked yet, but where is the Exp. Share in Fire Red, I know it's one of the professor's aids, but I can never remember which one and where he is.

Last edited:
Years
Ok I've just started playing Emerald again and I'm officially stuck. I've won my seventh badge chased team magma out of the space center and got dive as my reward. This is where I get stuck as I surf down route 128 use dive and enter the start of team aqua's hideout. When I try to enter there is a grunt blocking the entrance who says some thing like "I'd say your too early by about a trillion years... Speaking of team magma I hear they were spotted near Mossdeep..." But I've already done that bit so is there something in the middle I missed?

Dinoyipi

whited out!
Years
Underwater Pokemon

I've been looking at a walkthrough for Emerald, my primary game of choice, and in order to capture my favorite Pokemon, Registeel, I need to get a Relicath, which is a rare underwater Pokemon. The problem is that, when I go into underwater grass, I have to search 30 seconds to a minute just to find any Pokemon, much less the rare one I'm looking for. I know there's a lot of ways to repel wild Pokemon, but is there any way to attract them?

P.S. I'd ask for a trade, but I can't. And I'm not interested in discussing the reason in this particular thread.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
yea, there is
get a Pokemon that knows sweet scent and use it underwater
I also think one of the flutes either the black or white flute from collecting a certain amount of ash

:t354:TG

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
In Emerald, several abilities were given secondary effects that affect wild pokemon encounter rates significantly.

It helps if on of your pokemon have the following abilities while you're searching: Pressure, and Arena Trap

It's also a good idea to stay away from using pokemon with the following ability while you're searching:
White Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back