• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The Poison Badge resembles an arm of Garbodor. Wonder if Sludge Wave will be the TM. Also, given the assumed map and plot changes, I am quite high in confidence that the Water gym TM is to be for SCALD. Be annoyed if it was HM for Surf...

Considering her gym is a fashion show, maybe the puzzle could be a hall of mirrors, or a studio walkway, maybe

Narrow path, with too slow walking you risk falling into the media for a throw out of the room?

Years
Elesa's Gym as part of the new scans:

Spoiler:

I love her new Sugimori art, Elesa is my fave Gym Leader.

And I think Flaaffy is a nice Pokemon for her, I'm hoping she gets Ampharos in a rematch.

Her new Gym design is looking good too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Her new clothes seem to show some skin (at least it looks like skin...) too, maybe the coat is to keep warm...
The new gym's lighting is different than I had imagined, I wish it was dark with lights focused on Elesa like in the trailer.

I'm thinking Homika will have a Trubish after all due to the badge and her having the evolution in the anime.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was just thinking about the actual gym speculation (the gyms not the people etc) and I was wondering, if Iris or Drayden returned, what if they don't have a gym this time, and rather you earn the badge after dealing with Reshiram/Zekrom situation.

Years
I was just thinking about the actual gym speculation (the gyms not the people etc) and I was wondering, if Iris or Drayden returned, what if they don't have a gym this time, and rather you earn the badge after dealing with Reshiram/Zekrom situation.
I believe they've done something like that in the anime or pokemon special manga at one point. Considering how they had the E4 challenge interrupted they could do the same for the 8th gym, maybe after defeating Ghetsis you get the badge...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I'm a bit behind in B2W2 news; will probably acknowledge the July 2012 Corocoro information a little later. >.> And I'll probably have more to add to this thread once I read a few more posts. XD

Anyway, I'm hoping that a Rock-type Gym and a Steel-type Gym (or a Rock-type and Steel-type Elite 4 member) get added in B2W2, so that it can be said that Unova has had a Gym Leader or Elite 4 member of every single type known to date. :D

Not sure about Grimsley's fate in B2W2 (I anticipate he'll retain Elite 4 status for some reason), but if he does happen to get removed, a Dark-type Gym would be interesting because that's the only Type that still has no Gym to call its own after all these years - only Elite 4 members. >.> Otherwise, I guess I'll just wait until Generation 6+...

I hope it's not something gimmicky like having to model a certain way to get to Elesa...

:cer_laugh: The thought of that is hilarious, but I'm wondering how I'd feel if that were actually put into practice...

xD It sort of does.
Cheren and Elesa got new designs, but it seems like Skyla didn't and neither did Brycen, it could go either way for Iris and Burgh...

I know Skyla's outfit is hot-tastic, but I was really looking forward to what new outfit she would have since she's returning as well... :o

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I want to know the scheme of homika's gym the most. Since the games only had two poisen gym leaders,Koga and Janine, and they both used the same scheme, invisable walls, bw2 has SOOO much potential for a poisen-oriented scheme, but i have doubts that her gym wont have any special theme becase it looks like in the screenshot that that room where her band is playin in looks like the entire gym

Any ideas what the sceme would be??

Years
^My guess is that it'll be to go around the instruments and trainers eventually getting to her.

She's shown in the anime with the Venipede and Trubish lines along with a Koffin so she could possibly have pokemon from those families and Koffin (which is likely since she has a picture of one)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
A new screenshot from Pokejungle shows Elesa's Flaaffy at Level 28 So she's most likely fourth if we set it by Black/White standards.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Sounds like the level curve this time around will be slightly higher - only by a few levels, it seems. Still, that's good!

Emolga, Flaafy, Zebstrika. Not bad. I like how Flaafy matches her coat!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I like Elesa's gym, it's fantastic how that animation worked with it. I don't know about puzzles, perhaps it's just a walk down the catwalk, I could probably see something like in Johto and Sinnoh (D/P not Pt) where where you have to go on a sidequest before you can enter, and well, messing up the order in which you face them, I quite liked that about Jasmine and Fantina. Then again the order they've shown the gym leaders so far makes sense, so that ruins my theory completely.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I could see you having to battle your way through hairstylists, photographers, and designers before having to face Elesa. That would be amazing. xD

But if Iris and Drayden are back as Leaders, there's no way you won't be able to skip their gym. Like, really, I don't think GF will go so low as to do something a cheesy as giving you the badge as a thank you. More than likely the incident will happen after the eighth gym, like they did in Black and White.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back