• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 19, 2017
I was thinking of some pokemon carrying a Giant Rock in it's arm but on it's back, but when he lets go, it actually stays there.

Your's sounds like a good idea to.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Haha, I'm OK with it either way really. If somebody else wants to do him, then you're welcome to pick between both our suggestions.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I'm going to set aside tommorow and Wednesday to completely forge over the data into the spreadsheet :D

Also, that idea you guys were talking about would be a great 3-stage mon, as seeing that we're fairly lacking 3-stage families. It could start off small, like Timburr size, and then it finishes off to an Atlas like creature,(That one guy that held up the world).

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
And I've heard of that guy too (can't remember his name arrrgh). He escaped death or something... I guess that'll make him a Rock and Psychic! (Since we cannot have Dark or Ghost types right now).

Sisyphus

And, on a similar note, perhaps look at Tantalus.

I just read Mark of Athena and House of Hades the other week. Percy Jackson knowledge ftw.

Also, I think Alexial's version of Sunfished's idea works out. I don't get on that often, so I probably wouldn't be one of the people with access to it, but it could certainly remove clutter whilst keeping it easy and friendly to edit. Easier, in fact, as we wouldn't have to wait for someone to update the OP. d;

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
im planning on making another pokemon if thats alright! im going to go with a steel type, any suggestions design-wise? as in, what it should be based off of?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 19, 2017
3 Stage does work well to!
Perhaps starting like ball creature, then it evolves into a kid size with a "bouncy ball" shape rock, then evolving into an Atlas type, carrying a big rock ball.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Okay guys. I've managed to transfer over the first half of the mons into the spreadsheet! :D

Link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar1ZAvwuSmEOdE5ZTnlVNlY5TVpVenZMdzJfY1JrUFE&usp=sharing

Right now, that is 88 Pokemon we have created. That would mean we would have about 130-160ish in total at the current moment.

The spreadsheet looks VERY lackluster, and so I think someone who is good at base stats to add them in, and others that are good at abilities add them in, and etc.
If we make a universal account, then anyone who knows the email's password can edit it, but if you prefer to use your own email, then pm me it so I can add you to the whitelist.
The perks of having your own email is that you can edit it anytime you wish, and at the same time someone else is editing it too :D

So, umm, have fun with I did so far I guess :P
I'll add in the rest tomorrow!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Hey Sunfished, can you add two other columns after the notes? First one could be labelled "Sketch" and would have "Yes" written if the sketch version of the fake is ready. Other could be "Finished Design" or something of the sort. I feel that way our artists could keep track of whats finished or not without having to load the whole first post and rummage through the designs. If it's not that necessary, then that's fine with me. Your choice.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
I had a 3-step Fighting-typed Satyr/Minotaur pokemon in mind, but I found
that there were already a Minotaur pokemon...
Should I list them anyways?

& here's my Poison/Rock type pokemon, meant to be a legendary:

This pokemon is based off of Medusa. She (this pokemon is female only)
has a snake head with a torso & arms like a woman's, but has a long tail rather than legs.
(No snake "hair" in mind, as I felt that may be cliche...)
Metadusa (metamorphic + Medusa)
Poison/Rock
Solid Rock

Petifcation Pokemon
Gender Ratio:
male.gif
0%
female.gif
100%
If a living being makes eye contract, this pokemon can turn them to stone.
  • HP: 104
  • Attack: 88
  • Defense: 110
  • Special Attack: 150
  • Special Defense: 120
  • Speed: 95

Extra notes:
Can learn 2 new attacks:

Stone Glare
Type: Rock
Catergory: Other
BP: -- Acc: 80% PP: 10
Inflicts the Petified status condition.
the Petified condition is when the pokemon is turned to stone. while a statue, the pokemon cannot attack
but has inceased Defense & Special Defense. this condition doesn't wear off, but the pokemon can break free
with attacks that are super effective vs. Rock-types. Breaking free will reduce defenses to normal. in Double
& Triple battles, allies can break the Petified pokemon free while doing half the normal damage.

Legend Power
Type: Rock
Catergory: Special
BP: 100 Acc: 100% PP: 5
10% of inceasing Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense & Speed by 2.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
im planning on making another pokemon if thats alright! im going to go with a steel type, any suggestions design-wise? as in, what it should be based off of?

How about a Pokemon based on a greek sculptor? Greek Sculptures are often tied in with Greek Mythology so I think is a good idea. Maybe the pokemon could have arms in the shapes of those small hammers scultors use. The pokemon could have a facination with rocks and as it plays with them, it ends up creating works of art.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Guys, GUYS!
We hit 154 Pokemon designed!

I also filled in ALL the information from the first post:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lVNlY5TVpVenZMdzJfY1JrUFE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

I will go back and add a link to link the picture associated to the pokemon, as Hoenn suggested!

Now, since we hit 154, I think we can only add in a few more until we have to reserve space for the planned legendaries. We would also need to discuss what we are going to do with some of the ones that look too similar, or based on the same design, such as the light-bulb ones that we have under Electric.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
WOW THAT'S AWESOME BOOGIE WOOHOO

Yeah let's plan for 162 mains and 8 legendaries (will that be too much?) and get 170 total. A bit massive, but it will do the job.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Hey guys, I saw your spreadsheet, and I kinda want to comment about the existing stat spreads you got.

Disregard this comment if you want to deviate from the norm, but IMHO these points will make your pokedex spreads more organized and cohesive:

Starters
I think you got the fire starters' BSTs right, but not on the water starter (250 BST on its basic stage). Starter Pokemon always follow a sort of BST bracket; 300+ on the pre-evos, 405+ on the middle evos and 525-535 BST on the final evos.

BSTs exceeding 540
With the exception of Gen 6, there has always been a pokemon or two who has 540 BST in each generation. This is usually the highest BST that was given to non-legend/non-pseudolegend pokemon. For pseudo-legends the absolute guideline is 600 BST of course, but for non-pseudo-legends, 540 BST is the general maximum given.

However, why "general" maximum and not "absolute" maximum? It's because with the exception of gen II, there has always been an oddball pokemon that exceeded 540 BST. These pokemon are Arcanine, Slaking, Togekiss, Archeops, Volcarona and Florges.

My point is, there are already several pokemon in your spreadsheet that exceeds 540 BST. I just want to remind you guys that pokemon with 540 BST and up are kept to a minimum, otherwise it won't be balanced. Your Drillion in particular, which has 593(?) BST could either be reduced into 550ish BST or be given a crippling ability along the lines of Defeatist, Truant or Stall, not Keen Eye.

:)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Hey guys, I saw your spreadsheet, and I kinda want to comment about the existing stat spreads you got.

Disregard this comment if you want to deviate from the norm, but IMHO these points will make your pokedex spreads more organized and cohesive:

Starters
I think you got the fire starters' BSTs right, but not on the water starter (250 BST on its basic stage). Starter Pokemon always follow a sort of BST bracket; 300+ on the pre-evos, 405+ on the middle evos and 525-535 BST on the final evos.

BSTs exceeding 540
With the exception of Gen 6, there has always been a pokemon or two who has 540 BST in each generation. This is usually the highest BST that was given to non-legend/non-pseudolegend pokemon. For pseudo-legends the absolute guideline is 600 BST of course, but for non-pseudo-legends, 540 BST is the general maximum given.

However, why "general" maximum and not "absolute" maximum? It's because with the exception of gen II, there has always been an oddball pokemon that exceeded 540 BST. These pokemon are Arcanine, Slaking, Togekiss, Archeops, Volcarona and Florges.

My point is, there are already several pokemon in your spreadsheet that exceeds 540 BST. I just want to remind you guys that pokemon with 540 BST and up are kept to a minimum, otherwise it won't be balanced. Your Drillion in particular, which has 593(?) BST could either be reduced into 550ish BST or be given a crippling ability along the lines of Defeatist, Truant or Stall, not Keen Eye.

:)

What you say is perfectly true. I guess we'll have to think of better spreads. Thanks for the wonderful tips!
... so Sunfished, does that mean back to the drawing board with stats?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I see you guys have made progress since I was away. [:

I just stopped by to browse through and noticed that the two Fakemon sketches that are separate are both mine. They seem to me like they're just in the way, so don't feel obligated to keep them around if you don't want them.
If you do, however, let me know and I'll see what I can do about getting some decent art done, along with type(s)/stats/etc. I stopped posting upon realizing that I was really just taking up posts here and not contributing enough, but I don't want my old sketches to be taking up room. (Especially if you don't want them.)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
@Slenderman
Of course not! I think a slenderman 'mon is a great pure ghost type, and in retrospect keep the list in check, as most of them are dual typed anyway :P

@Hoenn & Magistrum
All I did was list the base stats that were in the first post. I noticed that some of them were really messed up in BST's, but I have no experience in base stats at all.
Ia also think that 170 is a great number to end at, and will give us time to revise the ones that are lacking.

So, if anyone's willing to do BST's, just pm me your email so you can edit the spreadsheet whenever you want :P

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
I guess I could do BSTs and stat spreads, but not right away since I'm preoccupied with making Pokedex entries and movepools on my own fakemon project lol. I'll let you know when I can.

A good tip though is looking through bulbapedia's list of base stats to get a feel of the whole thing. A few pointers could be observed through this. Based on the data of Gen 1 and Gen V pokemon (since those generations' number of added pokemon are the closest to your target number of fakemons):
- About 20+ non-legend, non-pseudolegend pokemon with 500+ BST would be optimal
- 1 Pokemon that exceeds 540 BST. If its BST is on the tier of Archeops or higher, you can add a crippling ability to it. Otherwise you could opt for 545-560 BST like Arcanine's or Volcarona's.
- 1 Pseudolegend line (600 BST), although you could opt for 2 lines if you want, like gen 3's Metagross+Salamence.
- Early rodent, early bird, early bug(s)-- these 3 families are staples of a pokedex. Lately there have been early canines and early felines too, though they are optional. These families usually have low to mediocre BST, with early rodents having an average of 410-420 BST, early birds having 470-480 BST, etc.

Legendaries
- A Legend Trio with 580 BST each. Although another option is to add a "Trio Leader" that has 600 BST like on the case of Keldeo/Landorus.
- "Event" Legend 1: A 600-BST "event" legend with 100 stats across the board. Examples are Mew, Manaphy, Celebi and Jirachi, among others.
- "Event" Legend 2: They are 600 BST legends that do not have 100 base stats across the board, but are still "event" legends since they require additional effort to capture. Usually obtained after beating Elite 4 in pokemon games. Examples are Lati@s, Genesect, Darkrai, and Heatran among others.
- "Cover" Legends (The ones that represent the a game version's Main Legend)- usually 670-680 BST. You could have 2 or 3, but do take note that each of them have no stats lower than base 90.
- Optional: An "Overlegend" that exceeds 680 BST, like Arceus(720)/Kyurem B(700)/Kyurem W(700).

Hope that helps! :)

PS: This is a spreadsheet of my own fakemon project, which you can use for cross-referencing and sparking ideas :) It isn't finished yet on the pokedex entries part though (species name/height weight/flavor text).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
This is the second time this thread's gone inactive (since my joining it, anyway) so buckle up, I guess. Looks like not much activity is bustling up because the 'dex seems to have lost much direction, really. I guess we've got to plan out our legendaries then.

I guess I could do BSTs and stat spreads, but not right away since I'm preoccupied with making Pokedex entries and movepools on my own fakemon project lol. I'll let you know when I can.

A good tip though is looking through bulbapedia's list of base stats to get a feel of the whole thing. A few pointers could be observed through this. Based on the data of Gen 1 and Gen V pokemon (since those generations' number of added pokemon are the closest to your target number of fakemons):
- About 20+ non-legend, non-pseudolegend pokemon with 500+ BST would be optimal
- 1 Pokemon that exceeds 540 BST. If its BST is on the tier of Archeops or higher, you can add a crippling ability to it. Otherwise you could opt for 545-560 BST like Arcanine's or Volcarona's.
- 1 Pseudolegend line (600 BST), although you could opt for 2 lines if you want, like gen 3's Metagross+Salamence.
- Early rodent, early bird, early bug(s)-- these 3 families are staples of a pokedex. Lately there have been early canines and early felines too, though they are optional. These families usually have low to mediocre BST, with early rodents having an average of 410-420 BST, early birds having 470-480 BST, etc.

Legendaries
- A Legend Trio with 580 BST each. Although another option is to add a "Trio Leader" that has 600 BST like on the case of Keldeo/Landorus.
- "Event" Legend 1: A 600-BST "event" legend with 100 stats across the board. Examples are Mew, Manaphy, Celebi and Jirachi, among others.
- "Event" Legend 2: They are 600 BST legends that do not have 100 base stats across the board, but are still "event" legends since they require additional effort to capture. Usually obtained after beating Elite 4 in pokemon games. Examples are Lati@s, Genesect, Darkrai, and Heatran among others.
- "Cover" Legends (The ones that represent the a game version's Main Legend)- usually 670-680 BST. You could have 2 or 3, but do take note that each of them have no stats lower than base 90.
- Optional: An "Overlegend" that exceeds 680 BST, like Arceus(720)/Kyurem B(700)/Kyurem W(700).

Hope that helps! :)

PS: This is a spreadsheet of my own fakemon project, which you can use for cross-referencing and sparking ideas :) It isn't finished yet on the pokedex entries part though (species name/height weight/flavor text).

Dude, you're awesome. You understand these sets way better than I ever did, so whatever you say is what I follow. Once again, totally right and I guess I'd start working on the stats (if Sunfished is busy and stuff, I'll document them too) and get this project back in line. Let's do this!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
This might have been inactive for a while, but in no way was it going to die :D
It was sorta hibernating, until I can get back to business from a busy school year!

And yes, if anyone wants to edit the main doc, just hit me with your email address, and I'll add you onto a whitelist!

I'll most likely be back to fixing the main post in a week or two, depending if I am showered in schoolwork :P

Back