• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How did you cream RED?

PokeBunny

Pokemon Game Maker
Years
I dareask this question: how did you cream RED?

I used these POKEMON:

FERALIGATR
HO-OH
DRAGONAIR (he was useless)
AMPHAROS (with FLASH)
RED GYRADOS
PUPITAR (level up to LEVEL 43 to learn crunch before evolving)(note that he'll be useless against ESPEON)

So there you have it.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I didn't cream him. I only narrowly beat him with my level 60 team, and I went through like 8 revives and 10 hyper potions. I can't remember their movesets, but my team was:

Tyranitar
Steelix
Jynx
Pidgeot
Typhlosion
Blissey

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I was a naughty little cheater and duplicated a freshly caught Pokemon to defeat Red with; coupled with my starter of course which was Feraligatr!

So my team was:
GOLDUCK
GOLDUCK
GOLDUCK
GOLDUCK
GOLDUCK
FERALIGATR

Good times. :')

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
I pretty much soloed him with my Dialga in SoulSilver, and though I brought a full team of six in Crystal, I only used Feraligatr and Snorlax.

Reddo

Happy!
Years
I don't remember very vell the first time... but it was on the first try.
The second one was more difficult. It was a challenge and most of my pokémon were grass-type. Snorlax was my problem and I had to take it down with Toxic. There was no other way...

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
>max PP Thunder
THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER
Just kidding, I think I used my Ursaring/Feraligatr/Tyranitar to destroy Red's team, all I remember is I definitely did beat him.

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
Years
Just fought him recently actually, and I didn't cream him, I just narrowly beat him with a lv. 60 team.

Typhlosion
Starmie
Steelix
Snorlax
Jolteon
Heracross

Only pokemon I had left by the end was Jolteon.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
I defeated him (to my surprise back then) with almost only my regular team:
Feraligatr
Lugia
Pidgeot
Poliwhirl
Rapidash
Lvl 3 Hoothoot for Flash :P

ObnoxiousOboe

The Musical Psychic
Years
Luck. That's the only answer I can come up with, just the matter of luck. All your Pokémon need to be at appropriate levels to challenge the final trainer.

That battle was kind of challenging for me; in Silver, the only Pokémon on my team that was decently experienced was my Typhlosion. All the way up through the Elite Four and Kanto, Typhlosion was basically the only one I trained for the entire game. I did have other Pokémon on my team, but I was too lazy to grind everyone up. So Typhlosion was the only Pokémon qualified to handle the entire journey, and it wasn't easy, because the Elite Four took me a few times to defeat for the first try. And it wasn't easy when I made it to Red, either. It took me more than a few tries just to defeat his Blastoise and his Snorlax, but eventually, I had successfully defeated Red with just one Pokémon.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
If I remember correctly it was:
-Feraligatr
-Feraligatr
-Togekiss
-Red Gyrados
-Red Gyrados
-Red Gyrados

Duping was always fun (:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
I unfortunately was too little when I had the original game and Game Boy and never met Red, ending my game at beating Elite Four multiple times after getting 16 badges and having more than 150 Pokemon. Unfortunately I hadn't had any friends who also had a Pokemon game so I couldn't trade and my Pokedex was only based on what I was able to catch/evolve/breed only in one game. So I've never battled with Red, but I would probably go with:
100 lvl shiny Gyarados
70 something lvl Lugia
60 something lvl Ho-oh
60 something lvl Feraligatr
(don't remember lvl) Pidgeot

And probably no 6th Pokemon, since the first one would be already enough to beat Red :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2023
Traded over a lvl 100 Mewtwo from Red and narrowly soloed him. I had a lvl 70 Meganium waiting for him if he took that down, though.

Back