• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
No, not necessarily. If it matches up at the start, but not later, the sound would have gaps in it.
Well, more likely, the audio is going more slowly than the audio (or faster), and something needs to be sped up.
I don't know any good free video editors for doing so, but I'm sure there's some out there (If we're talking commercial, I'd recommend Sony Vegas).

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I am using an emulator "DeSmuMe" to, you know, play DS games. Well I accidentally hit the "Command + "R"" keys (Usually to reset the game back to the previous Save Point in VisualBoy Adv) and now my save file is gone! When I check where the Save File is, the actual File on my comp is there, but if I go to the game, the only option is to start over with "New Game" (the Continue button is gone). The only way I can play is save states, and I'm sure the game will make me save one way or another and I can't access the save file once it shuts down. How can I fix this (and switching emulators isn't the answer, I want to stick with DeSmuMe).

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Try "Import Backup Memory..." from the FILE menu.

Still looking for an answer...
Umm... I am using a Mac (don't judge me!) so the only commands I have on FILE are:
1. Open ROM
2. Open Recent > (Insert ROM here)
3. ROM Info
4. Save State As...
5. Load State From...
6. Save State > (Insert Save States here)
7. Load State > (Insert Load States here)
8. Close ROM

Any more ideas?

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2012
erm hi people i have this hack pokemon meboy game called pokemon legend and i was wondering where is the leaer whitney i can't seem to find her anywhere or how do i get past the wigly tree in the hack game

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Okay, here's everything I got:
Emulation
[X]Excecute
Pause
Reset
Frame Skip > [X]Auto, Off, #1-9
Speed Limit > 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 Speed, [X]Normal Speed, Double Speed, Custom Speed
Backup Media Type > [X]Auto Detect, EEPROM 4kbit, EEPROM 64kbit, EEPROM 512 kbit, FRAM 256 knit, FLASH 2mbit, FLASH 4mbit
Set FAT Image File...

View
[X]Size 1x
Size 2x
Size 3x
Size 4x
[X]Constrain Proportions
[X]No Smaller Than DS
[X]Show Status Bar
Rotation > [X]0, 90, 180, 270
Layers > TOP BG 0-3, Sub BG 0-3 [X] (ALL OF THEM)

Sound
Volume > 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 7, 80, 90, [X]100
Mute

Help
Search

Anything with an [X] is already checked. Assume that if it's not checked, it's not checked in the emulator.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
Alright, here's my question. Is it possible in some way to insert mp3s into a ROM and replace the MIDI files?

I saw a few posts that mentioned mp3s but I wasn't sure if they were talking about rpgmaker or an emulation.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Can Pokemon ROMS Trade to eachother? E.G. Red trade to Blue? Or Firered to Emerald?

http://www.vbalink.info/
Yes they can. I can even battle with people on the internet on GBA roms (bad for your security though), trade through LAN between computers (highly complicated, read and MEMORISE the guides on the site)

Is there any way to edit items like pokeballs on your rom? I'm sure there is I just haven't found out how.

PokeWe, if your using DS its possible to edit your SAVE file using Pokesav (download http://projectpokemon.org/) make sure you have the right version.
With GBA games (including FireRed, Emerald and the like) use Ciro's Pokemon Maker: http://www.mediafire.com/?8zblytyxdcn. Apart from being an excellent Pokemon creator, it lets you Gameshark Pokeballs and the like into your game

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Is it possible to increase the speed for VBA.
I am aware of the Spacebar function, but it drops the FPS.
I tried shutting off the volume, it works at certain times, but then it doesn't work.
Any help?

SpeedXaaa

Uses XD too much...
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
This is...erm, semi-important--for me, at least.

Anyways, is there anywhere where I can find a VBA Pokemon Gold / Silver (doesn't matter which one...) GameSave that I can download; a game save that is pretty much a "god-mod" file? (Mostly referring to being a 100% clear game file.)

I'm really wanting to rip tiles, since you can't necessarily find them "all" on the internet by standard means. At least, I haven't yet...(with all the accurate colors and whatnot)

And since I really don't feel like figuring out a program such as TileMolester at the time, y'know--I'd just rather do it all myself.

Thanks a bunch to anyone that can help me out, here. ^^; Bing isn't necessarily my friend today, let's just say. >_>;
((and just to double-check, I'll look around the web and the forums again...))

The Noob Hacker: Well, to be honest, I myself are unsure as to what exactly it is you're referring to--you mean in the games/ROMs themselves, for a hack game, etc?
This may not help, but I do know that there's several cheats out there for just about every Pokemon game that allow you to catch Pokemon from other Trainers.

Years
If I download an .sps that does not support the same version of the game I have... Is there a way I can convert it to a .sgm or something and make it work? Or am I screwed unless I have the correct game for the .sps version?

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
@SX
why exactly do u use bing?
oh and have you tried gamefaqs for save files?

Last edited:

KyleSir

Life is just a dream
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2016
Okay so you guys know of shiny gold? if not google it :). Well after i beat the game it turns off and you're supposed to be able to just press start and load up your save game. But i dont have a save game because for some reason whenever i save it says exchange the backup memory and i don't know how to do that. Ive been saving on the vba and i don't know what to do after i beat the elite four. Is there anyway to convert my vba save into an in game save? any suggestions would help, thanks! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2011
i have searched around for an answer but cannot find one, so here i am asking, how do change the save file type on visual boy 1.7.4 on mac OS X? i can't find the option anywhere, and i want to play pure gold and light platinum. it's probably something obvious that i will feel silly about afterwards but a little silliness should be worth it XD

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
Years
First of all, sorry if this is the wrong topic/forum.

Whenever I try to download a beta of a hack, and extract the stuff and everything, when I try to open it (on NO$GBA), it says:
Bad Header Checksum (real gameboy would shut down)
Bad ROM Entrypoint at Header [000h]
Bad Fixed Value 96h at Header [0B2h]

I have no idea what this means or why it's happening. Can someone help?

NOTE: All the times that this has happened, the ROM was an IPS file.
I noticed it only works with a GBA file. But I still want help.

Here's the message I get:
417ce59c-1.png

Last edited:

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Is it possible to increase the speed for VBA.
I am aware of the Spacebar function, but it drops the FPS.
I tried shutting off the volume, it works at certain times, but then it doesn't work.
Any help?
I've gotten 400% upon turning off the volume o.O
Go to Emulator/Speed up toggle. (Though on my computer, once this is enabled the game is unplayable because of its speed)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
First of all, sorry if this is the wrong topic/forum.

Whenever I try to download a beta of a hack, and extract the stuff and everything, when I try to open it (on NO$GBA), it says:

I have no idea what this means or why it's happening. Can someone help?

NOTE: All the times that this has happened, the ROM was an IPS file.
I noticed it only works with a GBA file. But I still want help.
1) IPS' are patches they are not for playing! They are for patching =)
2) Don't use No$GBA for playing hacks.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
Years
I have a basic question. Are emulators safe to download? Will it give me viruses or mess up my laptop? Which emulator for gba is best to download and which site has safe pokemon games to download?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I have a basic question. Are emulators safe to download? Will it give me viruses or mess up my laptop? Which emulator for gba is best to download and which site has safe pokemon games to download?

They're very safe as long as you download them from a reliable source. My personal recommendation for an emulator would be VisualBoyAdvance. You can find it here at the developer's website (and if that's not safe enough for you, I don't know what is). There are some derivatives of it (e.g., one that allows linking, a debugger version, one that adds logging functionality, etc.) but if you just want to play games, then downloading the version at the site linked to above will be sufficient. Another popular emulator is no$gba which you can download here. I don't know as much about that one because I use VBA but I've heard it's just as good.

As for downloading games, you're out of luck asking on this site. The rules forbid linking to ROMs so you'll have to obtain them on your own. Hope that helps!

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
Years
Thanks very much for your help. I got the VBA and a fire red ROM. The only problem is that it won't save because it says that I need to backup the save file or something. How can I fix this?

Back