• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♛ Legendary Pokemon Club (new event started!) ♛

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
Bracket #13: Lugia vs. Suicune
249.png
245.png

Bracket #14: Arceus vs. Zapdos
493.png
145.png

Bracket #15: Shaymin vs. Regice
492.png
378.png

Bracket #16: Articuno vs. Cresselia
144.png
488.png
This is going to be hard for me but I eventually decided so here they are:
Bracket 13:
Spoiler:

Bracket 14:
Spoiler:

Bracket 15:
Spoiler:

Bracket 16:
Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
What a busy, busy weekend... Welcome to the club, GoatMan4! Suicune, Arceus, Shaymin, and Articuno advance! Here are the next match-ups:

Bracket #17: Landorus vs. Keldeo
645.png
647.png

Bracket #18: Thundurus vs. Rayquaza
642.png
384.png

Bracket #19: Palkia vs. Latios
484.png
381.png

Bracket #20: Kyogre vs. Mew
382.png
151.png

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
My vote is Keldeo because I don't like Landorus.

Rayquaza is the best for this one. Brill movepool, excels at every stat possible, and the only real weakness it has is Ice, and that could be easily solved with a strong Fire-Type attack. And I don't like any of the three genie-like Pokémon, no matter what form.

Latios is my decision. This was hard to decide, as I like them quite equally.

Mew's marvelous ability to learn any TM move gives it a decisive edge in a battle against almost anybody, although Kyogre could hit much harder than Mew. It would have to be Mew, though, because it could take out anything with the right stuff - So does Kyogre, but still, Kyogre can't learn every TM in the universe.

Heh, seems I always chose the second option.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
645.png
647.png
647.png
Honestly I like neither of these two, but Keldeo's a cooler Pokémon card and cooler typing so I'll go with him. The Keldeo EX card art makes me swoon a tad whereas Landorus is just an ugly glory hogging version of Gliscor so Keldeo wins.

642.png
384.png
384.png
Badass sky dragon vs ugly genie thing? I've made my choice! Rayquaza's one of the best looking legendaries out there and his part in the game's story is a lot more exciting than Tornadus'. I'm not a fan of the Kami trio in general (though I do have a soft spot for Thundurus' Therian Forme) so Rayquaza has an easy win here.

484.png
381.png
484.png
Palkia's my favourite of the Gen IV legendaries due to his sheer badassness, cool design, and interesting typing, whereas Latios is quite a boring Pokémon in comparison. Palkia's one of the only huge dragon legendaries that I actually like so that's an achievement in itself, but Latios is just a pretty boring Pokémon to me so there's no real contest here.

382.png
151.png
151.png
MEWWWW. It's so damn cute omg. Anyone who's seen the first Pokémon movie will vote Mew here. Kyogre's a cool Pokémon and the story behind it is great, plus he's a lot of fun to use in battle, but Mew's just far too cute to pass up on. It's a shame, Kyogre would've gone far against anything else but Mew's just a trump card in this tournament.

TwilightBlade

Years
Argh this is actually a tough decision for me since I am using Landorus on my first White 2 and Keldeo on my other White 2! They're both the stars of my team. :( Flipping a coin, Keldeo!

Rayquaza all the way. Fierce dragon owns electric genie.

Latios for being the sibling of my favorite Pokemon and for having the coolest signature move.

Gonna go with fatogre because it has a lot of sentimental value to me. It was another strong Pokemon on my first Sapphire team. Mew brings back some fun memories too when using it in Stadium, but I only had Mew through glitches or at events. Sorry Mew, let's go Kyogre!

Sirfetch’d

645.png
647.png
647.png
This one was kinda tough as I really like to use both of these Pokemon on my competitive teams because they are both really powerful special attackers, but I am not a huge fan of either of their designs. I decided to vote for Keldeo though as I feel a bit more went into it with having a movie based on it as well as an alternate forme. The story behind it was kinda cool in it's own right so for those reasons it will beat Landorus.

642.png
384.png
384.png
This one was so easy for me because once again, I am not a fan of the genie Pokemon. I hate how all 3 are similar and while their Therian formes do make them a bit more appealing, there is just no way that Thundurus stands up to Rayquaza. Rayquaza is such a badass Dragon Pokemon that is the mascot of my favorite Pokemon game of all time, Emerald. This trio was so fascinating and the cutscenes that featured Rayquaza calming the clash of Groudon and Kyogre were amazing. Overall a wonderful Pokemon that will win my vote in almost every contest!

484.png
381.png
484.png
This one was a bit tricky for me because I really like both of these Pokemon a lot. I wasn't always a fan of Palkia, but it has really grown on me over the years becoming one of my favorite legendaires of all time. It has a great defensive typing which eliminates a lot of weaknesses and creates a bunch of neutralities. Latios is amazing too because he is a Pokemon from my favorite generation of all time but loses out to Palkia by a small margin.

382.png
151.png
382.png
This one was really easy as well. While I am a huge fan of Mew, there is no denying how awesome Kyogre is. I feel that Kyorge may be the most powerful legendary of all time because of it's amazing ability, great Special Attack stat, and access to Water Spout. This will KO any Pokemon that doesn't resist it and will KO many that do. Not to mention that Kyogre is a Hoenn Pokemon which is an automatic +1 in my books. Both of these are wonderful Pokemon though!

Dihaeus

huh
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
This looks like fun~

Username: Dihaeus

Legendary Pokémon Partners: Ho-Oh and Deoxys

Answer a Topic: Which Shiny Legendaries do you love?

Shaymin for being even more adorable than ever
Celebi because of her role in PMD2
and of course, Ho-Oh~

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
bracket #13 lugia vs suicune
hard but lugia.

bracket # 14 arceus vs zapdos
this is HARD but arceus.

bracket #15 shaymin vs regice
SHAYMIN

bracket #16 articuno vs cresselia
duh CRESSELIA

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Sorry to shy a bit away from the event, but it seems as though the club has died a bit from the lack of topics, so I guess I'll throw one in here in hopes of getting some discussion going :(

Alright guys, so now that X and Y have been out for a while, and now that we actually have some details on Xerneas and Yveltal's part in the plot of the games, as well as their origin (I believe?), I reckon it's time to elaborate on the topics we had about them earlier :p Mind, I have yet to play any of the games, so this topic is a complete blind shot ;)

How do you like Xerneas and Yveltal? Do you like to use them in battle? How do you feel about their backstory and/or part in the story of the games?

Feel free to split up the topic into smaller sections or simply refrain from answering all the questions if there are some parts of it you don't feel like you really have anything to say about :p It's mainly just to make the topics more connected and easier to discuss than having a bunch of smaller, disconnected topics :)

Years
New Topic: Since Fairy Type was introduced in Gen 6, Which legendary Pokemon should have Fairy Type ?? (Only for Pure Type Legendary like Uxie, Cresselia.....)

In my opinion, Cresselia should be Psychic/Fairy !!

Why ??? Because she represents the moon..... While we have some Fairy move like ..... I don't know......Moonblast..... And also, Moonlight, the Normal move, have been changed to Fairy move !! :)

TwilightBlade

Years
Oh no, XY sucked away my life. :(

The Legendary Face-Off has two ties, so at least one more person needs to vote before the competition can progress.

How do you like Xerneas and Yveltal? Do you like to use them in battle? How do you feel about their backstory and/or part in the story of the games?
I love Yveltal's design, ever since the first time I saw it to be honest. I watched Xerneas's cutscene on Youtube and gained some appreciation for it, but I feel Yveltal has the superior design and story. Its Pokedex entry is so edgy.

Since Fairy Type was introduced in Gen 6, which legendary Pokemon should have Fairy Type?
Is it me or Moonblast's SFX sounds like the mega evolution sound? I'm starting to think Fairy and mega evolution has some relationship. >.> Anyway, I wish Latias became Dragon/Fairy and Cresselia got retyped to Fairy. Shaymin could even go for Grass/Fairy. They all seem very... dainty, precious, ephemeral, airy, etc.

Olli

Years
Well, might as well vote then ;p

645.png
647.png

647.png
Ehh, there's not really any contest here. I mean, while I reckon Landorus may be a cool Pokemon to use in battle and all, and even though I actually do like its backstory along with the requirements for catching it, its design along with the fact that it's a fifth generation Pokemon kinda throws it down the list for me :( Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like fifth generation Pokemon, it's just that I've never really got a chance to actually meet or battle with/against a whole lot of the fifth gen Pokemon due to never owning anything other than Black 2, which I haven't really played that much either D: But yeah, I kinda dislike all the designs from the trio, because I feel like they could've still gotten great Pokemon without having to make them super ugly.

But yeah, main reason there's definitely not contest, is because it's one of the few generation 5 legendaries that I've actually used, albeit not very much, but I still got to use it :p Also, all the times I had to watch through the Keldeo movie kinda gave me a soft spot for, and I mean. It's voiced by freaking Vic Mignogna, how much better does it get ;)

642.png
384.png

384.png
...I don't think I really need to explain much here. While Thundurus is actually my favourite of the three, partly because I prefer its design over the other two, simply because the light blue colour actually fits the design, and because blue and black don't look absolutely insane together, but also partly because I got to use in Pokemon Online when I used to play that, but I kinda fell out of that rather quickly :p

Either way, there's no question that Rayquaza would get the winning spot between these two, just considering the edge it gets on so many other Pokemon entirely because of its design. I mean, it has an awesome design, it's awesome in battle, and it gets a kinda awesome cut scene in R/S/E, and it's generally just overall pretty darn awesome :p Plus it has one of the coolest shiny sprites ever, so yeah. No contest ;)

484.png
381.png

381.png
another one that's mainly design-based. I mean, c'mon, are there anyone who actually finds Palkia's design to be somewhat pretty? I mean, it's not that it's a bad design, I've just for some reason never liked Palkia's design. I've also never liked purple, and considering that's one of the primary colours in Palkia's design, it isn't really doing well for Palkia. But yeah, the only fourth generation game I've ever played was Diamond, so perhaps I'm just kinda biased. In any case, Palkia's still a pretty good Pokemon???

But yeah, Latios definitely takes the cake here, just for the fact that it's a Pokemon I've actually been involved with in some way. I may never have caught Latios, but boy did I hunt for it. After realising that the off-looking Pokemon which I encountered near the Sky Pillar and had never seen before was in fact Latios, I instantly went out to try and catch it. After failing in my mission to catch the legendary beasts, I wasn't about to give up on one simple legendaryy. But alas, my hunts never came to fruition, and once I lost my game, I realised that there was no chance that I could catch. It simply wasn't meant to be ;'( DARN YOU LATIOOOOOOOOOOOOS! Love your movie btw!

382.png
151.png

151.png
Seems as though these has all been votes without question. While I actually do like Kyogre as opposed to most of the other losing Pokemon in the other 3 votes, Mew has just lead to too many experiences and is too cute to not win. I mean look at that adorable thing! If anyone didn't d'aww at the windmill scene from the first movie, I'm convinced they're a cyborg. Anyways, after my experiences with trying to catch Mew in my original Blue, along with my search for it through all the rumours I'd heard about with other games, I've just kinda bonded with it much more than I have with Kyogre. I mean, Kyogre might have saved me during my playthrough of Sapphire, but that is the one time I've ever used it, and I honestly prefer Groudon over Kyogre anyways, so yeah. No doubt here :p

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I like Xerneas ever since I first see it, and I see that Yveltal is cool too. I might use them on battles.

Since Fairy Type was introduced in Gen 6, Which legendary Pokemon should have Fairy Type?
I think Cresselia might be suitable for the Fairy/Psychic type, and I think maybe the UMA trio (Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf) can be Fairy type too because they are so fairy-like in appearance at some point imo.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Im kinda late joining this club -_-
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

I wish their story was expanded on a little more and I was surprised at how easily Team Flare got a hold of them, but as legends they are among some of my favorites. The designs, battle theme, and stats perfectly portrayed what a legendary should be. I got shivers battling Xerneas in my game and asdf it was pretty perfect, aha.

Since Fairy Type was introduced in Gen 6, which legendary Pokemon should have Fairy Type?

Cresselia for fairy, please! Celebi would make a wonderful fairy as well; it's the only small legend that I feel really resembles a fairy so I can go without others like Jirachi and Mew becoming one. Though going by the "small pink creature" fairy trend we have going on, I wouldn't be surprised if Mew ended up becoming a fairy down the line..

TwilightBlade

Years
Welcome to the club, Nutsy_! Togetic and Clefairy were already retyped to Fairy. What legendary Pokemon do you think should be part Fairy?

Yahooooooo, Keldeo, Rayquaza, Latios, and Mew advance. I'm increasing the number of brackets offered this round so we have 6 to vote towards:

Bracket #21: Manaphy vs. Raikou
490.png
243.png

Bracket #22: Azelf vs. Latias
482.png
380.png

Bracket #23: Dialga vs. Heatran
483.png
485.png

Bracket #24: Virizion vs. Uxie
640.png
480.png

Bracket #25: Cobalion vs. Darkrai
638.png
491.png

Bracket #26: Entei vs. Mewtwo
244.png
150.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Username: atif :3
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Could I take Celebi and Suicune, please? >_<
Answer a Topic:

What Shiny Legendary Pokémon do you love, and why?
What Shiny Legendary I like the most? Hmm, that's a tricky one. I'll guess I'll pick the infamous Shiny Rayquaza. I can see why so many people like it. It looks 10x more better in black; especially with the yellow lightning scars on it's body. When it sparkles it seriously looks amazing. Even though green is it's original colour, I would say that the colour palletes should of have been reversed.

2nd place would probably go to Mew. Omg that Mew is freaking adorable it blue! Especially in baby blue! I just seriously wait to get one in X/Y, although I doubt it would be possible. I guess I won't be seeing this baby-blue coloured Mew anymore :<

Oh yes. Definitely first would have to be Shaymin. Oh just come on; this thing is literally a fairy when it's in it's Sky Forme, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be a Dairy Type. Same thing goes to Cresselia. Although if this happened, then Darkrai would be weaker then Cresselia, and they were originally made to be equal legendaries. Other ones I could see becoming pure Fairy or even part-Fairy are Suicune, Mew and the Latias/Latios duo. Wouldn't it be cute? :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I probably haven't answered these topics yet, so… here I go!

They both look great design-wise, but my favorite would have to be Yveltal. I don't know why, but it reminds me about Lugia a lot. Only difference is that it's got black and red color scheme, while Lugia has white and blue. In terms of battling, Xerneas and Yveltal are equally as good. They have the exact, same amount of stats, and they also have access to a wide range of attacks in their arsenals. If they went one-on-one in a match, though, Xerneas would most likely turn out to be the victor, since it's a fairy-type while Yveltal is dark. And dark is super-effective against fairy, isn't it? I did use these Pokémon in few of my battles, but only in-game; I've never used them while battling online. These two were banned to Ubers a while ago, so unfortunately, we're not allowed to use them. :( Well, we could use them, but only when we are playing in Ubers.

I'd like it if they turned Celebi into a fairy-type. Every time I look at it, I instantly get reminded of fairy, so, yeah. Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf need to become part fairy too, and also Latios, Latias, and Cresselia.

By the way, Blade, when you get the chance, could you update my name on the front post? :o

Last edited:

Olli

Years
243.png
A rather easy choice. While Manaphy is super cute and all, and while I like the concept of putting it and Phione in the same family, but not making an evolution between them, Raikou take my vote by far. Bias aside, Raikou is just an extremely awesome Pokemon. While Suicune might be my favourite of the legendary beast, Raikou has always been the one whose design I've liked the best. I mean just look at it, it's practically covered in awesomeness. And I really feel like it's the most underappreciated of the 3 beasts. While it did get a special dedicated to it, it just doesn't really compare to the roles Suicune and Entei have played. Both of them have appeared in movies, where Entei practically starred in one of them. And Suicune has the whole "only people with a pure heart can ever get to see it" or whatever it is thing behind it, while Raikou is just limping around in the back :( I mean, with the G/S sprite it kinda deserved it, but they've improved so much on its design, all the flaws of the original design has been eradicated. But yeah, definitely Raikou for me.

380.png
This was kind of a hard choice, seeing as I've never really been involved with any of these two Pokemon. I owned Ruby version, so Latios was the one of the Lati duo that I was chasing, and I never got around to catching Azelf when playing D/P/Pt. I picked Latias however, entirely because of the role she played in the Pokemon Heroes movie. It's still one of my favourite Pokemon movies to this day, and I just found the whole story really touching and sad. Also, Latias has just been much more of a crowd favourite than Azelf ever was, so I know it's gonna win in the end anyways ;)

483.png
Another easy choice. While Heatran admittedly looks really cool, it's just one of those Pokemon that never really did much for me. It might have been the title legendary for the ROM hack me and my team were working on a while back, but I never particularly liked it. It's another one of the Pokemon I never came to catch, however I have used in Battle Revolution, since I exchanged trainer cards with someone who had it, and eh, didn't really like it, but that probably also has to do with his setup of moves and how he's trained it :p In the 12th movie though, it was pretty much just degraded to a pet. I mean, with those looks and its legendary status, you'd imagine it'd be a feared Pokemon that'd wreck havoc everywhere and kill everyone, but no-no, it's just the equivalent of a guard dog >:[ that also did much for my decision.

In the end, I much preferred Dialga over Heatran. Dialga also has a pretty awesome design, and seeing as the only 4th gen game I've played is Diamond, you might guess that there's some bias to it as well. But it's one of the Pokemon that destroys everything and anything, so it has an edge on Heatran any day of the week :p

480.png
I honestly don't have much to say here. Most of the fifth gen legendaries are some I haven't made myself all too familiar with. And I mean, the whole sacred sword trio or w/e they're called stand around for you to catch them in B2/W2. In B/W they're actually hidden, but in B2/W2 they stand in your way when making it through the game, and Virizion specifically jumps down in front of you. Like??? That's no fun, I'd rather hunt them down than just be given them. I don't mind with title legendaries, since they usually play a big part in the plot of the games, but it was just completely unnecessary with the trio, and just seems like more of a cop-out. So while I might not specifically like Uxie, it definitely gets the vote :p

491.png
Same thing as the above, however Darkrai would win anyways just because of how awesome it is. And its backstory in the 10th movie. So sad :(

150.png
I've already expressed how I like Mewtwo loads, so there isn't really much I need to say. Mewtwo is the original strongest Pokemon in the world, and my sense of nostalgia just won't let anyone else take the vote over him, apart from maybe Lugia :p

TwilightBlade

Years
490.png
243.png

Raikou. I never had my own Manaphy, and I did nothing with it when I got one in a trade. I didn't care for its role in its movie, either. Manaphy is just... there. Raikou has a great backstory and design. I love the thunderclouds on its back and the thunderbolt-like end of it tail. It packs a mean Thunderbolt and HP Ice, so it's always been a star in my eyes.

482.png
380.png

Latias. While I'm obviously voting for my favorite legendary here, I do quite like Azelf. Its offenses and speed are wonderful, but it is too similar to the remaining members of the lake trio. The birds, beasts, and golems are different enough... The pixies have... different hair. Maybe it's their size that didn't leave room for much creativity in the design. So, I wasn't enthusiastic about the pixies, but Azelf would indeed be my #1 pixie for its raw power.

483.png
485.png

Dialga. I'm indifferent to both of them, but Dialga has a fun cry.

640.png
480.png

Virizion. My favorite of the musketeers for its elegant stance and it being a rare Grass-type legendary.

638.png
491.png

Darkrai. One of my favorite legendaries because of its menacing look, but it also proved to be heroic in the movies. It is also devastating in battle with Dark Void and high special attack. I haven't even caught my Cobalion yet.

244.png
150.png

Mewtwo. Both have equally cool roles in their movies, but Entei is so overshadowed by the more popular, appealing Suicune and Raikou. Mewtwo is a crazy powerhouse and retained its record as one of the strongest Pokemon ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back