• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Do you think Sableye will get an evolution in Pokemon X and Y? If so, do you think it's the rumored Pokemon Orotto?

Maybe. You never really know and it is quite common for Pokemon from previous generations to gain new evolutions, a few years later. For example Magneton, who didn't get its evolution until Gen 4 even though it had existed since the first games came out. Personally I don't really want to see a Sableye evolution but I'm thinking there probably will be. With Sableye's only usefulness being Prankster even in-game, I think many people would want an evolution so Sableye can be a bit more helpful and of actual use. I haven't seen this Orotto Pokemon but it could be perhaps. I'm not really sure, but who knows? It could just be another one of the new X/Y Pokemon, there's no guarantee we'll see an evolution of Sableye in particular. It's possible though.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I'm indifferent on Sableye getting an evolution. I like how he is now but, an evolution couldn't hurt, so long as they don't make its evolution look ridiculous. I haven't seen Orotto, if someone could show it to me that'd be nice, but, I wouldn't completely be opposed to Sableye getting an evolution.

Years
Username: Nil Nuane
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: My favorite type. The only type that has no pokemon that I don't like!
Your partners: (Up to two) Murkrow
What Types rule: Fair-... I mean dark type >_>
Answer the current topic: Maybe... Yveltal might be a dark/fairy? That would be awesome, but then again, Yveltal doesn't really look like a fairy. ~_~

Edit: Oh oops I totally didn't notice the new topic >.>

Anyway, I feel like Sableye has a good chance of getting an evolution. He doesn't really need one THAT bad, as say farfetch'd or dunsparce, but then again Gamefreak have given already decent pokemon evolutions before, like Porygon 2.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: My favorite type. The only type that has no pokemon that I don't like!
Answer the current topic: Maybe... Yveltal might be a dark/fairy? That would be awesome, but then again, Yveltal doesn't really look like a fairy. ~_~

Anyway, I feel like Sableye has a good chance of getting an evolution. He doesn't really need one THAT bad, as say farfetch'd or dunsparce, but then again Gamefreak have given already decent pokemon evolutions before, like Porygon 2.

Welcome! I've always really liked Murkrow as well, it's quite a badass Pokemon in my eyes. I'm interested in knowing what you like about it, personally I like its design. An intimidating crow with all that power behind it. Also its Pokedex entry is rather fascinating, they gather around Honchkrow and have meetings of some sort. That shows Pokemon like us, can communicate with each other! Also Prankster is a heck of a useful ability, I can't even count how many tough situations it has pulled me out of. But yeah, just curious to know what you like about Murkrow. :o

Hmm Yveltal being a Dark/Fairy would certainly be an interesting combination but I personally think Xerneas would be better suited with it. It has that more friendly/kind look to it, plus it sort of has this glitter around it? At least in my eyes. When I think of powdery dust, the first thing that comes to mind is fairies, so yeah. Although Yveltal would be really cool as that, I think Dark/Flying suits it better- seeing as its this villainous flying Y thing. Also it has those huge wings and seems to be some sort of dragon, bird fusion maybe?

I definitely agree with you! Sableye doesn't really need an evolution at this point and like others have said, you shouldn't fix what's not broken. Although Sableye has never really been the best attacker, it has a wonderful typing and ability. It can be very useful in battle so I don't really see it getting an evolution either. Although I'm interested to see what it could possibly look like? Does anyone have any ideas? XD

Other than that, welcome to the club and I hope you enjoy yourself!

Years
Yeah, I really like Murkrow's design. Simple, yet effective. Hat and everything.

I first used him on a Diamond run, and never looked back. Super luck helped me a lot actually, critical hits everywhere. Prankster is neat too, but admittedly I didn't use Murkrow in white 2, because he's so freaking late in the game!

Also, Cyrus uses a Murkrow, and he's my favorite Pokemon villain. Come to think of it, Cyrus uses a lot dark pokemon, maybe he would join this club lol ;)

He also evolves to Honchkrow, who is a very cool pokemon too. I don't like his design quite as much, but still I couldn't ask for much better ^^

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
That could happen, Sableye could evolve, but so far, Orotto is just a name :) I like its movepool and abilities, as well as the simple design that this poke hold. Sableye can evolve into a more completed form thanks to this. An evolution can take it to another level in the battles, doing the great job that it does, but much better.

Years
By the way, I'm surprised there hasn't been a topic about a dark type gym yet. I've always found it weird there are no dark type gyms. Do you guys think there's a good chance dark type will finally be a gym in X/Y, or do you think Gamefreak hasn't made any dark type gyms for a reason?

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
By the way, I'm surprised there hasn't been a topic about a dark type gym yet. I've always found it weird there are no dark type gyms. Do you guys think there's a good chance dark type will finally be a gym in X/Y, or do you think Gamefreak hasn't made any dark type gyms for a reason?

Valid argument and I do think we will get a Dark type gym in X and Y, at least I,m hoping for it. I don't see why there would be a reason for not making a Dark type gym, unless Game Freak is hiding something.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Username: Slenderman
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Isn't the answer somewhat obvious, if you're joining a club for them?
Your partners: Absol
What type rules: Dark-types, according to the rules. [;

If you look at the confirmed Fairy-types, they're ones like Cleffa and Azurill, whereas Dark-types seem to be intended to be intimidating or evil-looking. The two combined would be interesting, I'll give it that.

Weavile does have potential to become part Fairy, just judging by appearance.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years

Welcome to the club!!
Username: Slenderman
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Isn't the answer somewhat obvious, if you're joining a club for them?
Your partners: Absol
What type rules: Dark-types, according to the rules. [;

If you look at the confirmed Fairy-types, they're ones like Cleffa and Azurill, whereas Dark-types seem to be intended to be intimidating or evil-looking. The two combined would be interesting, I'll give it that.

Weavile does have potential to become part Fairy, just judging by appearance.

Wooh welcome to the club Jess!!

There was one, but I forgot to add it to the list. I had a whole list of old topics, but when I changed the CSS in the intro, I forgot to add them. Been meaning to go through the pages and add all the old topics, but I haven't had time for it. Doesn't hurt to talk about it again.

I'm surprised after 14 plus years since it's introduction, a Dark type gym leader hasn't existed yet. I think X and Y is one of the best ways to introduce one though and I hope there is one.

Years
I'm surprised after 14 plus years since it's introduction, a Dark type gym leader hasn't existed yet. I think X and Y is one of the best ways to introduce one though and I hope there is one.

Yeah I'm still so surprised there have been 17 types we're all familiar with but as far as Gym Leaders go, poor Dark-type got shafted and had (and still has) no Gym Leader specializing in the type. However I'm still hoping for X & Y to break that drought because I want to see how awesome a Dark Gym looks. And maybe they might make the Gym Leader cool-looking as well. We already had 3 Dark-type Elite Four members, so they should change things up.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Sure we've got Elite Four members, but gym leaders are more immersive. Black and White proved that by implementing them into the story more. Having a Gym will also just give the Dark type the recognition it deserves. Really, this should have been done in Gen 2 when it was revealed. The Steel type got its gym in Johto when it was revealed along side the Dark type, which, in my opinion, showed me that Game Freak didn't really respect the type and that it was more introduced to please the fans. Again, sure, we've got the three Elite Four members, which is a more respectable position, a gym for Dark types will give it the respect it deserves. I'd bet my life that there will be a Fairy type gym in X and Y, why not give us a Dark type gym to make us happy and even things out?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years

Breaking News! New Dark type Pokemon!

WARNING! SPOILERS BELOW!

Yup, leaks of the newest CoroCoro are beginning to leak and in it reveals several new Dark types!

First off as speculated, Yveltal , Pokemon Y's mascot, has been confirmed a Dark/Flying type! It is the Destruction Pokémon. It has an ability called Dark Aura which powers up Dark type moves. It has a signature move called Death Wing. (likely to change in the English games)

Here's screenshots of Death Wing in action:

Spoiler:

Second Pancham has a new evolution called Goronda , it's the Aggressive Pokemon ( コロンダ) It's 2.1 meters and 136 kilograms and is Fighting/Dark type. It has the ability Iron Fist. It has the move Hammer Arm and a new method of evolution.

Spoiler:

And here's where I spoiler the rest.

Spoiler:

Welcome to the Dark type family guys!! I'll add them to the list of the Dark types, but I'll put them in spoilers till X and Y are released. Any new Dark type will get the same treatment.

Which means new topic!

What do you think of all the new Dark types? Did you expect Yveltal to be Dark/Flying? What other moves do you think Yveltal will get?

Last edited:

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I WAS RIGHT!!!! I was right :P Damn, that's a load off my chest. Yveltal Dark/Flying confirmed. And alot more Dark types for the journey. I like the final evo of the squid, looks like a kraken and Pancham's evo...so epic. Anyway, more love for Yveltal. Death Bird Pokemon, hehe, has a ring to it. And Dark Aura!!! Maybe just like Adaptability, but for Dark Type only. Dark Types need this kind of boost.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I was expecting Yveltal as a Dark/Flying poke or Ghost/Flying, Nice to have it in the club. :D I was thinking in some kind of ability that boost the dark type moves in a pinch or a move that boost the dark type for 5 turns, just like sunny day or rain dance. Dark aura seems to be very interesting and I hope to see it in other pokes, just like Lugia's Pressure. With this new ability, I want to see nice dark types moves on Yveltal. One of them could be some kind of Peck having in mind the vulture's job.
I would like to see Goronda with nice atk and def stats, I'm constantly thinking in the SubFocus strategy and sucker punch. The types surprised me, I was not expecting a fight/dark evolution coming from Pancham, but it looks cool and interesting. And is a mix of my favorite types :D I can't wait to try it out.
The Dark/Psychic squid-like poke is quite interesting. The design seems to be enigmatic with some evil. Is a good mix that negate the super effective damage from fight, ghost, and dark, in return of a 4x bug weakness, this is simply interesting.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
What do you think of all the new Dark types? Did you expect Yveltal to be Dark/Flying? What other moves do you think Yveltal will get?

I think they're pretty neat. The squid is quite interesting- combining dark and psychic, two types that I would of thought opposite to each other, together. Maybe it's like an evil-spirited squid that can also use telepathy? I really don't know but the typing sounds quite amazing. The 4x weakness to bug as stated before however, would be its biggest downfall. I guess nothing can be perfect though. As for Pancham's evolution, I didn't expect the dark-typing to get thrown in. I honestly thought it'd be Normal/Fighting from its appearance personally. I'll welcome Dark/Fighting with wide arms though, as I can see how it'd be portrayed as 'dark'. As for Yveltal being Dark/Flying, I easily saw it coming. It's a sinister Y, that's flying in the sky. That's bound to point at Dark and then the fact its flying easily like a bird- points to flying. I just saw it coming for ages, there were no other real types to put it in. Yveltal being Fairy/Flying just wouldn't make sense in my eyes.

As for the other moves it'll get, I'm guessing things like Sky Drop and all that. Then all the typical hard-hitting Dark Moves, such as Dark Pulse etc. And perhaps something that works like Telekenisis or Future Sight, except dark-type style. That'd be quite interesting to see.

Taposa

;)
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 7, 2022
It has been a long time since I am here. :(
Not that good. I think Māīka (The squid) is in between for not suitable for the Dark type and suitable for the Dark Type because it looks like a cute and innocent Pokémon (,which is technically dark in some movies...), but when I saw its evolution...it's weird from a cute, innocent Pokémon to a Dark and ..Weird.. Pokémon. Yveltal has some Dark Characteristics, but I just thought maybe Yveltal is either the 4 types (Dark Included) and Flying. Since Yveltal is a Destruction Pokémon, it is somewhat like Darkrai, so its move is like a Dark Sonic Boom like a ray and then explodes.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I predicted Yveltal to be Dark/Flying so I am happy about that. Was not expecting Panchams evolution to look like that or to be Dark but I plan to welcome one to my team with open arms and put it to its potential. Inkay and Malamar fulfilled my hopes of a Dark/Psychic type and I couldn't be happier. Their designs are not what I was expecting but I can get past it. All in all, I couldn't be happier. I've been waiting on some Dark types to be revealed and now they are and now I have a glimpse of what my team in Pokemon Y is going to look. Let's just hope Chespin evolves into Grass/Dark and I'll be entirely content with Generation 6. Also, another thought, the two new characters revealed, the two gym leaders, Clemont and Grant, am I the only one that thinks Grant may be our Dark type gym leader? Just a thought.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Dark type Yveltal, yay! I think this new Death Wing/Oblivion Wing move will be a real powerhouse of a move - probably a huge base power move with a crippling effect but low accuracy? I hope Yveltal has the stats to pull it off because a move that dramatic-sounding has got to be worthwhile. I do love the idea of this new Flying/Dark legendary concept though, it's about time Dark got a nice kick bar Darkrai. I'm still hoping Dark and Fairy have a somewhat fair match-up as far as Xerneas vs Yveltal is concerned, but we'll see haha.

@Austin - certainly can see Grant as a Dark gym leader, yes! I really hope there is one haha. Given the already released Pokémon for X&Y it seems somewhat likely, so we can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back