• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heartgold or Soulsilver?

Which one did you prefer?

• Heartgold

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Soulsilver

Votes: 54 57.4%

• Total voters

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
HeartGold all the way. When I was a kid I originally picked Gold so it felt natural to me to pick HeartGold this time around. It was more nostalgic for me cause I remember playing the original as a kid and all the memories that came with it.

Years
I picked HeartGold, because I felt it has better exclusives and I kinda wanted a slightly different experience to Silver.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I never have played SoulSilver! I got HeartGold because I had played the original Silver version, and so I wanted to try Gold the second time around :)

I love those remakes so much though -- so fun to get the same great storyline but with all the perks of the newer games!

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I chose SoulSilver because I played Silver when it came out, so I was all nostalgic for it. I've always liked Lugia more than Ho-Oh anyways, so it wasn't exactly a hard decision for me. I really enjoy both games though. Personally, I think the exclusives in HeartGold are better, but that's not a huge factor because I didn't use to many version exclusive pokémon on my team.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I much prefer the version exclusives in HG - Primeape, Donphan, Gliscor, Arcanine, Sableye...

The only thing I prefer in SS is Ledian and... well... it's Ledian.

I never use legendaries anyway, so I have no idea about them.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
I like HeartGold, simply because of the name. HeartGold sounds cute and welcoming :p

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I really love them both. I have all of the originals (G/S/C) and I have both of the remakes and they both have things I prefer. I like the version exclusives in Gold/HG, but I love Lugia which appealed me to Silver/SS first.

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
I choose Soul silver cause it's very good and cause of lugia in it I think its a better game than ever

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I chose HeartGold for the same reason I chose FireRed.
I had Red and Gold (still have actually), so that is why I chose the remakes of those two games.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
I preferred HeartGold because you get to catch Ho-Oh early. I always take it with me in my team. I simply love Ho-Oh, it's one of my favorite Pokémon ever. <3

I couldn't care less for Lugia on the other hand.

I agree. Ho-oh is just so cool and I've always wondered why Lugia is every one's favorite. What is kinda strange, is that 3 of the 4 friends that play Pokemon actually prefer Ho-Oh.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have both of these games, but SoulSilver was the first one I bought. Pokémon Silver was the first second generation game I had as a kid, so I kind of wanted to relive the memories. Plus, it allowed me to catch Vulpix, which is my all-time favorite Pokémon~

tsubaki9

Send the dead back to dead!
Years
I prefer Soul Silver, just because Lugia.
I think Ho-oh hasn't so good design.

Back