• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add New Pokemon In 15 Easy Steps!

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
I don't understand... I was trying to insert this sprite I made from scratch:

DAGGOTH2.png

But when I find the pokemon in the wild, the screen just stays black...

You must have made some tiny hang up somewhere... :\
Mine is scratch too, and everything works, attacks and location etc, but my sprite is showing up as the ? mark missingno. Strange, but no ones had an explanation yet...

I suggest just starting over from step one and trying again. :( It MIGHT help, or will at least give you some practice while waiting for a better answer.

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
You must have made some tiny hang up somewhere... :\
Mine is scratch too, and everything works, attacks and location etc, but my sprite is showing up as the ? mark missingno. Strange, but no ones had an explanation yet...

I suggest just starting over from step one and trying again. :( It MIGHT help, or will at least give you some practice while waiting for a better answer.

Well it's the second time I've tried it =\
Last time the rom didn't even start up. But this time I didn't change any of a Pokemon's stats and stuff, I just replaced the sprite of Farfetch'd with mine.

BTW, Maybe you didn't set the missingno.'s sprite offset to the offset that you inserted your sprite?

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Well it's the second time I've tried it =\
Last time the rom didn't even start up. But this time I didn't change any of a Pokemon's stats and stuff, I just replaced the sprite of Farfetch'd with mine.

BTW, Maybe you didn't set the missingno.'s sprite offset to the offset that you inserted your sprite?

No, I used the Free Space Finder to get me an open offset to use... And I always add 10 extra bytes to be sure it won't overwrite something else. It wasn't acting glitched or anything since attacks etc were working, which was nice, but now I'm wondering where MY sprite went off too...

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
I tried to put a Gible in the my FR. I think I succeeded, but i'm not sure/
Now for some reason my whenever my I try to open my ROM up, the vba stops reponding all of a sudden. Help?

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
So many has problems and I have too, but I didn't get answer... I haven't hacked for a month because of that. :(

Here's my text from page 4. Can somebody help?
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2010
it doesn't work for me.. :o
when i did it for the first time it worked (i replaced a spheal) but now it doesn't!
when i look at my number 673, it is still a charmander!?

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
I tried to put a Gible in the my FR. I think I succeeded, but i'm not sure/
Now for some reason my whenever my I try to open my ROM up, the vba stops reponding all of a sudden. Help?

Nvm, I just found out that it was Poke edit pro that makes my vba not respond. I still have no idea why.

iPooP-On-[Arceus]

AZN's AZN
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
I have the solution okay when you open unLZ-GBA you try to start from 500 at the GoTo button if its still messed up go to 1000 1500 2000 onwards until you find a proper sprite if you enter 500 and a pokemon is there already it might even start on a lower number so find it...^^

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2015
I Need Your Help With Something.

I Follow The Tutorial To the Letter but when I Insert the sprite and save with the new offsets on a clean Rom. I go to a different sprite then return to the sprite i have changed and it goes back to what sprite was there before?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I Need Your Help With Something.

I Follow The Tutorial To the Letter but when I Insert the sprite and save with the new offsets on a clean Rom. I go to a different sprite then return to the sprite i have changed and it goes back to what sprite was there before?

The reason it does this is because you are not removing the old image, you are just telling the game to not look at it anymore. Don't worry, the Sprite is inserted.

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2015
The reason it does this is because you are not removing the old image, you are just telling the game to not look at it anymore. Don't worry, the Sprite is inserted.

Thanks i tried again and the sprite worked in game thanks for your time :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2012
does anyone here know how to add new attacks to your new custom pokemon?

i already have advance attack...

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Nvm, I just found out that it was Poke edit pro that makes my vba not respond. I still have no idea why.
When you use Poke Edit Pro, you can't have the rom open with any other program, it's a sharing issue.
Hey, I'm having an issue here...
I inserted Dialga in the slot right after Celebii, but when I make someone give him to you, I get an Illumise instead. Also, I can't edit Dialga's pokedex entry. Anyone know what's up?

Oh, and to add new attacks, you first need to delete some from other Pokemon, then you can mess with your Pokemon's attacks with Poke Edit Pro or YAPE. Although I think you can also create a new attack offset with poke edit pro, so that you don't have to delete anything. I only just figured out how to make poke edit pro work with Vista, so I'm not entirely certain...

ME0W

Still busy working on my hack.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 16, 2009
Thanks dude! The tutorial worked.
Now I am just gonna work on its back sprites!

-The Chansey is always right!^^
Get your own Chansey;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2009
thanks but i got a little problem
i put chimchar as starter (i added the sprite from back and the normal)
when i choose im he is in normal sprite (i mean not back like in battles)
but when i battle he still normal sprite too... i don't see his back
why? (i added both)

Corpsefire

I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
Years
thanks but i got a little problem
i put chimchar as starter (i added the sprite from back and the normal)
when i choose im he is in normal sprite (i mean not back like in battles)
but when i battle he still normal sprite too... i don't see his back
why? (i added both)

Did you put the Backsprite offset in the right field in Pkmn Edit Pro?

also, the pallete offset for your backsprite needs to go into the "Shiny pallette" field.

Also also (xD) Does anyone have any idea how to import and edit an icon for your pokemon?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
This is not working for me. The pokemon wouldn't show up in the game. I tried this whole thing twice and it didn't work neither of the times.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2009
Yeah, I'm having a problem. I can import a sprite to Pokemon Ruby without problems, however, if I try importing a pallete, no matter what offset, etc, I use, the game always uses a bizarre pallete for the entire screen upon encountering that Pokemon, then crashes. The only way I can get anything to work is by only importing the sprite and then using a pre-existing pallete, but this has too many limitations.

Help plx?

Back