• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

PokeCommunity Mobile Apps v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
[SIZE="a"]The app is very nice! Loads incredibly fast compared to regular PC. I especially like how useful subscribing to threads is when using the app. I used to find it tedious to check them.

I haven't noticed any broken html bugs, but maybe that's just me. As you can see it does apparent do the font=a, color=a, size=a thing. The one thing I did notice is that the app does not handle horizontal screens all that well.

Like, I can just flip my phone on it's side and it will detect it and display in landscape mode. The benefit is mainly that the virtual keyboard keys are a lot bigger.

The app home page is veeery scrunched in landscape mode.

Also, totes posted this from the app.[/SIZE]

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
The apps pretty good :D even on a small screen which my phone has its all working fine.

I have a question though, when the site has a database crash will the app goe down and if it does will it have an error page like the site does?

It just gives a general can't connect to server error. That's what I was getting earlier today at least.

Years
Haven't found any problems with it at all. It was a little hard to navigate at first but once you get the hang of it its easy to use. The more I use it the more I love it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Want to go on PC? There's an app for that.

...I had to say that. But this is a great idea, glad to see it finally launched.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
[SIZE="a"]I just downloaded this on my Android phone and am indeed typing this post from it. Only complaint so far is that some pages with multiple tabs at the top (ie profile screens) look awkward as hell on a landscape screen.

On my profile for instance, the tabs and my avatar take up half the screen and there's this tiny bar at the bottom for my VMs.

Other than that one detail, this is an amazing app and I foresee myself using it often during downtime at school or at work. XD[/SIZE]

[EDIT] lol, and jumping back to my laptop reveals that my post inexplicably has [size="a"] tags around it. Nothing too severe, but humorous nonetheless. XD

Last edited:

Rukario

Banned
Years
Its a known issue and is being looked at..

BTW, The iPhone version (both free and paid) are uploaded to iTunes store and awaiting approval.. so you apple fanbois don't have too much longer to wait.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
BTW, The iPhone version (both free and paid) are uploaded to iTunes store and awaiting approval.. so you apple fanbois don't have too much longer to wait.

Awesome! Can't wait. This may have been discussed before, and sorry if it has, but what is the difference between the free app and the paid app? Do they have different features or something? Or is one just ad-free?

test_account

for all that is broken, I am the test.
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
new test

Retesting something here.. post with weird size tags.

Size 4 now

End of post.

Toshiro.:6829741 said:

Awesome! Can't wait. This may have been discussed before, and sorry if it has, but what is the difference between the free app and the paid app? Do they have different features or something? Or is one just ad-free?

For now it will be just ad-free, though perhaps in the future it may have more features as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Just downloaded it and started using it - it's pretty good and very useful for viewing threads that you've subscribed to, but it's very difficult (if not impossible?) to browse certain forums or find threads that you haven't subscribed to unless they're in the "top" or "new" sections. It may be that I'm simply missing something, but this could be an issue worth addressing?

ryziken

Neutral scientist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Just downloaded and tested it out. Seems perfect for the thread-checking and notification responses I do on the go.

No new bugs to report, but i DO have a cool suggestion...

I was thinking it would be cool to receive PC notifications via ringtone, the same way as emails and texts! :D Is this feasible?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Just downloaded it to my Android phone. It looks pretty nice. It looks simple to navigate. Looking forward for this to become available for the iPad as well. Great work!

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
When viewing a single post, there is no separation between post and signature.

EDIT : you can't upload images through the app. I can select it but when I hit submit nothing happens.

Here is screen shot of the first issue
screenshot-1315158133429.png

Last edited:

test_account

for all that is broken, I am the test.
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
quilzel:6834743 said:
When viewing a single post, there is no separation between post and signature.

EDIT : you can't upload images through the app. I can select it but when I hit submit nothing happens.

Here is screen shot of the first issue
screenshot-1315158133429.png
Not noticed that on my emu yet.. but it is a limited function emu so..

Lets see.. no media found so can't try images yet.

I think the sig thing is by design so as to not show large sigs all the time. But not really sure.

edit: these font settings are annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back