• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The New PokéDex!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Per the most recent scans of this month's CoroCoro, we've gotten our very first glimpse of the new PokéDex we'll be given in the Karos region [LOOK HERE]. Unlike the previous versions of the PokéDex, this one is divided into three sections: Central Karos PokéDex, Coastal Karos PokéDex, and Mountain Karos PokéDex.

What do you think this means? Is it a replacement to the Habitat feature from Black 2 and White 2? Do you like the look of the new PokéDex? What other new features would you like to see? Discuss!

PS. If you want to discuss completing the PokéDex, then there's a thread about that here.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
It's an IPokePad mostly. But Central, Coastal and Mountain just seem to be the base of it, maybe we can unlock more in the game.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I like the new design, looks so futuristic and somewhat inspired by the real-life tablets.
I guess the new sections may be the new habitat feature, i hope there are more than 3 though

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The new Pokedex looks really cool imo. I like how it has a modern tablet look and that's it's some what holographic. I like the idea of the 3 sections and do see it replacing the Habitat feature in B2W2. I just wonder what Pokemon will be in which section. I kind of see it like the feature in the FRLG Pokedex which divided Pokemon into separate environments. I guess that means Pokemon like Geodude,Golurk, Bronzor and Gogoat will be in the mountain Pokedex. (Just examples since we have no clue what older Pokemon are in the Karos Pokedex yet.Or if the national sex will be divided the same way.) or water Pokemon like Tentacool will be in the Coastal Karos Pokedex.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2023
Yeah, I'm actually kinda surprised. I wasn't expecting it to be portrayed as something like this. It looks nice and sleek like a Pokedex should, I can't wait to see the features it has inside the actual game. It's going to be great. :D

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Central I assume is the towns and cities in the middle of the map, Coastal will be across the dividing rivers and any islands surrounding Karos, Mountain will obviously be the huge mountains at the back.
Hopefully there'll be different Pokemon in each part of the dex.

blue

gucci
Years
It's a new and interesting spin on the Pokedex, I think Central will be the general group of Pokemon found in Karos, Costal would be more water based Pokemon and then Mountain having Ground and Grass type Pokemon such as Gogoat maybe?

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
It's so...PRETTYYYYYY!! Also, I love this concept of regionalizing the Dex. It would make it quite convinent if things were organized primarily by where you get them. I wonder if they'll keep the Habitat List in this time? I didn't find it THAT useful...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
It's so...PRETTYYYYYY!! Also, I love this concept of regionalizing the Dex. It would make it quite convinent if things were organized primarily by where you get them. I wonder if they'll keep the Habitat List in this time? I didn't find it THAT useful...

Agreed, the design is very nice and the areas function would make sorting and locating Pokemon easier

Guy

just a guy
Years
Here's a higher quality image thanks to the Pokémon Official Site. This is what they had to say about it:

The Pokédex is a high-tech device that records information, such as Pokémon you've seen, as well as their traits and Habitats. Try to find every kind of Pokémon and complete the Pokédex. The Pokémon that reside in the Kalos region are registered in one of three area categories.

By the sound of it, it looks like the Habitat feature will not be removed or replaced.

Pokedex-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Is the coastal, main land, and mountain split maybe a new generalized habitat function? Or is it just a general first category, and then you can search into more specific terms? I'd like that personally, as it sounds really functional to me (Plus it kind of hints at what environment we'll be seeing in Karos!).

Aesthetically I'm really loving it as well. It looks like they've taken a nod from today's technology age and made it a tablet, but they made it expandable to have a more hologram-like screen. Maybe it will project holograms, or we'll just have a touch screen method to deal with it. Either way, I'm loving the whole revamp of the Pokédex!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Serebii has updated with new images of the Pokédex
47.jpg

Seems that we have a compare function that allows us to compare a Pokémon to their Evolution or Shiny colour, but, there's other things, what are Type 1 and Type 2, what is shape? (egg group?)

also 2 of the icons at the bottom suggest Pokémon cry and Pokémon Location

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

blue

gucci
Years
I just noticed that too, looks like we'll be having mixed generation Pokemon added to the Pokedex which is great! Also notice how there are two blank spaces after Fletchling and then there's another Pokemon which resembles Pidgey, I think this confirms that Fletchling has another two evolutions.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the new Dex's design because of its holographic-like interface. The categories are a bit of a step up from the Habitat List.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'm thinking the coastal/central/mountain split may suggest that there's going to be an abundance of Pokémon. Lots of new ones, and plenty of old ones to round it out!

yeah, so many Pokemon that splitting the dex is the only way to organise em all

Back