• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
Three things.

1. This is a great hack, one of the best hacks that go by the anime.

2. I broke the game by beating Brock the first time. Then I beat him again :P

3. Never would have expected Charmander to be down there :)

Last edited:
Years
I plan on making a ROM Hack on the Advanced seasons when I am very experienced in hacking. It will use the original RSE or FRLG tiles though. I think there's someone on YouTube doing a playthrough of this ROM Hack, should I mention their name?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Sorry that I haven't been around in a while. I had to take a break because I had less time and was becoming obsessed. I've allowed myself to slink back into hacking obsession mode for a while, and am working diligently on finishing events through episode 50 ... then I'll have to try to fix other errors with the game and release a new Beta. I'm on Pikachu's Goodbye, episode 39 right now. I'll try to get back to people who have offered their assistance and suggestions when I can.

Thanks for the support! :)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Have you considered asking about getting this moved to the hacks showcase instead?

Rayquaza_Tamer

Rayquaza's pal
Years
I can't wait to play the newest version of the game...And I wanna start over so it's gonna be more challenging....Can't wait for the update guys...Good luck....

Sorry for the question....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
Hey when's gonna be the release of the latest version??
I can't wait to play the newest version of the game...And I wanna start over so it's gonna be more challenging....Can't wait for the update guys...Good luck....

You are not aloud to ask when the beta is released. Edit it before it gets deleted or get you a kind of warning here.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Hey, that's pretty cool! I'm assuming you used thethethethe's ASM routine for that?
Just a note, it's spelled "cheering"
But I'm glad to see this hack back in business. Keep up the good work!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Oh that's so cute :)
But I have important questions...
If we say that we don't wanna release Pikachu will we be forced to release it anyway?
Okay to next question... if we release it at which level will Pikachu return and with which moveset?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hey, that's pretty cool! I'm assuming you used thethethethe's ASM routine for that?

I haven't learned how to use ASM. For releasing Pokemon in-game I use the Daycare Center script (and have removed the Daycare Center from the game). I also finally figured out how to make sure you only select a certain Pokémon from the menu, so that you can't release Squirtle or something else.

Oh that's so cute :)
But I have important questions...
If we say that we don't wanna release Pikachu will we be forced to release it anyway?

No, you won't release it if you decide not to.

Okay to next question... if we release it at which level will Pikachu return and with which moveset?

It returns about 5 seconds later without much having happened to it, just like in the anime! ;)

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I played the beta and I have to say it totally rocks but please change the ash battle sprite as it looks weird anyway does pikachu follow ash in the game hope to see this hack finised

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
good work like the game i would love to see how this game would be in the pokemon league so dnt give up hehe

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
Hello,
Your hack is very very good, i love it, it's the best hack which has the same story as the anime.
Thanks you.

(Sorry for my bad english but i'm french)

MrReis

Pika pi? :3 Damn right
Years
AshGray Version have just made my day! I was looking for something like this for days! You know what would be nice too imo? Creating the island where mewtwo fights with mew, like in Pokémon Movie: Mewtwo strikes back. I would like to see something like that ;)

Oh and sorry for my english. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Route 22 has no music;
When ash is resting in veridian forest the char says nothing:
h**p://img519.imageshack.us/i/ashgraybug.png/ (replace ** for tt)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
When ash is resting in veridian forest the char says nothing:
h**p://img519.imageshack.us/i/ashgraybug.png/ (replace ** for tt)
That's weird... that bug catcher should be lecturing you and healing your pokemon...
Maybe download different version?

And by the way Metapod when do you plan to release new alpha or Beta 1? :)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
That's weird... that bug catcher should be lecturing you and healing your pokemon...
Maybe download different version?

And by the way Metapod when do you plan to release new alpha or Beta 1? :)

For some reason the lecture script went blank - I fixed it a few days ago, though.

As for the release - asap. I'm going up to episode 50 - Who Gets to Keep Togepi - I'm on Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon. But then I want to make a few more edits and try to correct any other bugs, and do another run-through of the game to see if I can find any additional bugs. It might be a little while, but it's getting much closer.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Cool, sounds like you've got this project well in hand! I'm looking forward to playing it again.

Back