• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Favourite attack

Years
Leaf Blade is a very nice move, though it has a very poor distribution in Gen III, with only the Treecko evolution family able to use it in those games.

Doom desire is arguably the coolest looking move, though it's not practical move most of the time and you can never see the move in normal circumstances. Same goes for Psycho boost . Meteor Mash has a nice animation, too, though again it suffers from poor distrubution.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Leaf Blade goes over by as nice. I think more Pokémon should have been able to use it, however. It struck me as my decent-power-decent-accuracy-decent-PP move. However, looking at my Venusaur, I had to struggle along with Razor Leaf. So I really did want more Pokémon to learn it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
My favorite move in this generation would be Aerial Ace!
I love that swift sound and the animation.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I think scratch is a good attack.

I actually like rock tomb in this generation because it always PWNed my team and whenever I used it, it would PWN their team. I never had this problem after that GEN

FraxureGames

The road goes ever on...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
Honestly, muddy water was one of my favorites when playing Ruby. Mudkip was my starter, so when my Swampert learned it, I had never heard of the move before. It had that mysterious quality that ensures I will never forget it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Leaf blade, aerial ace, Doom desire, and Frenzy plant.
Their animations were very cool.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
I actually have a couple favorites.

I always would over train my starters when I was younger and Torchic just happened to be my Hoenn starter of choice. And let me just say... I LOVED the move Blaze Kick. I don't know why, I just did. Also, if I remember correctly. I over-trained Blaziken and taught it Dynamic Punch from that guy in front of Tate & Liz and I ended up dominating with that attack.

My other favorite move is Aerial Ace. You got it early on in FR & LG and it was a really effective attack as well as a very useful attack to use against the Pokemon that would increase evasiveness. Such as Muk with his stupid minimize... -.-

However, outside of battle, I loved secret power. Having a Secret hideout was so awesome for me when I was younger.

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Leaf Blade and Doom Desire are my two favorite moves in the game, something about my Sceptile slicing through opponents with a leaf blade just amused me so much and Doom Desire was awesome in terms of animations.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I seemed to like any attack that would never miss. Shock Wave, Aerial Ace, Swift etc. really effective if the opponent kept raising evasiveness or lowered your accuracy.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Aerial Ace! I like how its attack never misses.
It's a very good move, my Lv100 Altaria still has it. :D

Years
Two of my favorite attacks from the 3rd generation were, Luster Purge and Mist Ball that the Duo dragons had. They looked cool and were pretty good to use, considering LP lowers your SP.Def, while MB lowers your SP. Atk.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Aerial Ace! I like how its attack never misses.
It's a very good move, my Lv100 Altaria still has it. :D

I suppose Aerial Ace attracted a lot of people out there. The animation was a cool one, even though small, it was always nice to see Swellow do a snazzy swipe on the foe.

Two of my favorite attacks from the 3rd generation were, Luster Purge and Mist Ball that the Duo dragons had. They looked cool and were pretty good to use, considering LP lowers your SP.Def, while MB lowers your SP. Atk.

Sadly, both these moves were outclassed by Psychic, which was more convenient and had more accuracy. I really wanted Latias to have its signature move, Mist Ball did seem cool in the animation.

Years
Horn Drill would definitely be my favorite. This attack has super low accuracy, (30%) but it's a 1 hit-KO move. I would always get excited when it would work especially on higher leveled Pokemon. The animation for this attack just looks phenomenal too. Also this attack is very uncommon, which is another reason why I love it.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I loved Muddy Water.
I know it's not as good as Surf attack-wise, but the accuracy loss made me love the move. I've always liked decreasing accuracy over doing more damage
ed2305b7.png

Years
I think Blast Burn is awesome, but my favourite (and yes, it's the most simple move ever) is flamethrower, Charizard doing it is just epic.

Back