• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
Daniel Drace - Practical Battling Class

Daniel made it in time to the Main Building. He rushed to the classroom, in fast-pace (since, probably, the janitors were very loyal to the rule of' no running in the hallways '). His pokémon managed to grab on, and Fira and Argo returned to their pokéballs. They had decided the other night they would take turns watching the classes, and the first on was Draca. Daniel skidded on the slippery floor when he suddenly stopped in front of the door of the class he was assigned to. Daniel knocked on the door, and saw that the teacher was already there..."Is this Practical Battling? If yes, sorry I'm late...", politely asked Daniel.

Years

Zayne Alta

Zayne returned Aura as more of his students slowly began to poor into the class the most recent of which had asked the same constantly recurring question
"Is this practical battling?" but for some reason this student seemed to think he was late despite it still being nearly fifteen minutes until he would have to start the class.
"Yes this is practical battling, please take a seat. As for being late, there's nearly fifteen minutes until the class starts so don't worry about that".

Zayne's class at its full capacity would have a total of sixteen students, which worked out well because everyone would have a partner should an activity require battling.
Only two left Zayne mused inwardly, he was wondering whether he'd have a full class for his first lesson or not. He looked over the class to see more ore less what he expected, some of the aspiring trainers looked bored, others enthusiastic and a select few seemed irritated for their own various reasons. So far the class was shaping up to be more or less what he had expected.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

"Oh yeah? I dare you to come over hear and try it!" Sprinkles cried, though to everyone but Brian and the other pokemon in the room. The girlish looking vee glared daggers at Roberto, and Brian shook him gently.

"Calm down Sprinkles..." he said softly, petting the eevee, who reluctantly settled down. He did not need an issue today... Not now. He pet Sprinkles more and fished in his bag, pulling his ratty looking notebook out, struggling to find a pencil as he waited for class to begin.

Kiki

Kiki grinned happily as she watched Cynder. the mouse was so cute. She looked up and listened to Shawn. they were in the same classes? Great! She looked curiously at the ball, curious as hell

"Awesome! Let's go! Let's go!" she said, smiling brightly and pausing as he asked about Jen.She blinked, not really remembering...

:Um... Let's go to class!" she said, trying to get off of that subject.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Cafeteria

Shawn nodded and slowly stood up, allowing Kiki to take Cynder back from him. She apparently didn't want to talk about it. Did something go on between her and Andy? Where was he, anyways? Oh well, he probably had something else to do and probably had different classes, too. Looking back up to Kiki, he smiled, "Alright, let's get to our class." He slowly walked with Kiki out of the cafeteria, looking for their room.

After a few minutes, they came up to the door. Shawn tried to open it, but it was still locked. Where was their teacher, Ashara? He turned to Kiki, shaking his head, "I guess no one's inside. We just have to wait out here." He spotted a bench across the hallway from the door of their classroom and sat down over there to wait. He scratched his head near his hairline, moving the bandage down a little. He quickly readjusted the bandage to where it was, waiting patiently for the day he can remove it.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard - History/Mythology Class

Hm... Brian didn't seem the least bit prepared. That was obviously a sign of him not caring much about his schoolwork. She hated what she was about to do... though he WAS Mark's friend... and Mark would no doubt want to have times where she would be in the same room with Brian...

Lucia dug out a pencil and walked over to Brian, "Here, looks like you need one." She was silent for a moment, "Look, I can understand... about last night. I suppose I was too energetic for you, but you are Mark's friend... and I'm sure there will be times in the future where we will be in the same room simply because we are helping Mark out or something. But... " She frowned. "You won't have to worry about the whole dating thing or helping me find a spot. Valorie dumped him, broke his heart." She sighed.

"Anyway, Mark will still be thinking about that even though I did what I could last night. So, can we just put aside this feud for now? It does seem a bit childish now that I think about it."

Meanwhile Roberto just stared at the Eevee, "You started it, not me little miss anger." He said with a simple shrug.

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
Daniel took a seat on the farest corner. As shy as he was, it was good to have a good perspective over the class.

Draca slided and sat quietly under the table. She was very nervous. Did she had to battle? What if she had to battle someone much stronger? What if she messed up? She had only battled in training, and never battled anything that could retaliate. But they were here to learn. And failing was part of life. She would learn from her mistakes... But what if she got hurt badly? She was very shy...
Daniel took a pen and a notebook to take some notes. From the tales he had heard when he was a child, battling was all about three things:
1- Effectiveness
2- Strategy
3- Your bond with your pokémon
Daniel thought the last one was very important. For example, a pokémon that hates its trainer will have a more powerful Frustation, but a pokémon that loves its trainer would battle better. Daniel woke up from his thoughts. He payed attention to his nervous pokémon while the teacher didn't start the class. Draca was now curled up in Daniel's lap. Daniel petted her. He knew his Dratini was very nervous, and if Fira was there Draca would be totally temerary.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Practical Battling
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie turned her gaze on daniel, a thoughtful expression dominating her face. She stared at the other for a moment or two before returning her attention to Mr. Alta. "Thanks..!~" she replied ever so briefly before hurrying along to one of the available seats. Something about her seemed slightly tired, as if she hadn't quite woken up yet--Or perhaps she hadn't even slept at all. Regardless of the cause, she had a slightly out-of-touch expression on her face suggesting she wasn't 100% there. In truth, she was beginning to distract herself with dreams of love, and of Selene and the implications of last night. The implications of their interaction and all the qualms that filled her as her tired brain attempted to reason out whether the interaction had been good or bad dominated her thoughts above all else. She had plenty on her mind to say the last, so much so that if someone were to attempt to get her attention verbally she might not even notice, assuming they didn't use her name.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Roxas Jaden Asakura
Team Rocket member
Cafetaria.

025.gif
197.gif
448.gif

Roxas was thinking about a way to confront Alice and totally forgot to get breakfast. Well… after Obilivio's speech this morning he didn't feel like eating anyway. He didn't notice he was staring at his hands at all and remembered the moment of the kiss. "What a big mess…" he mumbled to himself and rubbed in his face. It seemed like Alice was all he could think about right now. And what made it worse was that he actually admitted that he liked her when Obilivio was acting stupid.

Roxas thoughts got interupted by a boy suddenly sitting next to him with the words "Mind if I sit here?". Roxas looked up and was suprised at first. He wasn't used to people suddenly talking to him but he didn't dislike it. "Ofcourse not! Sit down if you please." Roxas smiled and was rather enthusiastic. Finally he could make some new friends on this Academy where he already had a lot of memories. But… then Alice jumped back into his mind and the fact that he was a member of Team Rocket. So many difficulties…

"Sorry… i'm a bit of minded. I even forgot to get breakfast…" Roxas awkwardly smiled and rubbed the back of his head. "The name is Roxas, what's yours?" Roxas asked the boy with the red Entei dorm jacket. Roxas was from the Suicune dorm so he was wearing a blue jacket.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

So much for calming Sprinkles down.

"M-miss? MISS!!? I'll tear your wings off you ugly bug! I'm a BOY, stupid! So you can shut up and go-"

"Sprinkles return." Brian said, calling the angry eevee back into his ball. With that he looked up at Lucia and smiled, his own pencil in his hand as she offered him one. He looked downm only to see it had snapped in haf, likely from the weight of the wild vulpix that was snoozing in his bag. Seriously, why was that fox so tame? Regardless, her dropped the broken pencil and took hers gratefully.

"Thanks Lucia. I'm sorry about Thyme. She can be... A little over protective of me. I didn't mean to make you mad though. But what happened with Mark and Val? They seemed to like each other, a lot..." he said slowly, sounding confused. This was crazy, what could possibly have happened?

Kiki

Kiki nodded and bounced lightly, pulling out a pokeball and tossing it, revealing Birdy.

"Starvia!" he cried. The girl then took Cynder back from Shawn and smiled at her pokemon, setting them both down.

"Alright! Let's train! Cynder, try and hit Birdy with Flamethrower! Birdy, focus on dodging! Cynder's a bit too young to be able to get hit yet, so don't attack, ok?" Kiki said, tossing the bir into the air. Cynder opened her mouth and with a soft cry, fired a jet of flames skyward, which Birdy easily dodged.

"Staravia!" Birdy cooed at another ret, which narrowly missed, encouraging the young mouse on.

"Good job Cynder, you're doing great! Keep itup!" Kiki said happily, hugging Shawn with a grin.

"She's getting better! Look, see? She's stronger!" she said excitedly, happy her starter poekmon was growing up,.

Years
Ryan Newson

Ryan had finally arrived at the cafeteria.
"Well, Charizard, it's time to go back into your ball!" Ryan said. He returned Charizard back to his pokeball. He walked into the cafeteria and then looked at his watch. His eyes opened wide in shock. His lesson was starting a lot sooner than he expected. He hurried over and got himself some cereal and then sat down and ate it as fast as he could, without getting indigestion. He then stood up and sprinted to his room.
"Where is it?" Ryan voiced aloud. He was looking for his notes on Mew that he had prepared for his lesson today. He couldn't find them ANYWHERE. It was beginning to annoy him as he knew that he had had them in his room.
After looking around for about 20 minutes, Ryan remembered that he had fallen asleep working on them. He checked his bed and found them.
"Phew!" Ryan exclaimed. He then stood up and saw that he had more time until his class than expected. What was time coming to today? Ryan sat on his bed and read through the notes. He eventually smiled to himself at a job well done. But the hardest part was yet to come! He had to go and give his lesson on Mew to his students. He stood up and went out of his door. He turned and locked the door then walked over to his lesson to set up before his students.
When Ryan arrived at his class. He walked over to the teacher's desk at the front of the class, sat down and brought out his notes in preparation for the class that was about to come.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Kyle Haden

Kyle stared out into the ocean. The sun was starting to set.

"Another day is coming to an end, but a new adventure awaits." Kyle said excitedly.

Moments later a Pokemon came out of Kyle's shadow. It was his Haunter, Ches.

"So Ches, you ready for this new adventure?"

The Haunter grinned and nodded in confirmation. Kyle wondered what kind of trainers were at the academy. Were they weak, strong, or maybe prospective gym leaders like himself? He was quivering in anticipation when a crew member came up to him and said.

"We will be arriving shortly. Gather your belongings and be prepared to go."

The crew member wasn't joking, it took about fifteen minutes for them to arrive to the Island. Once he got off the boat he could see a man holding some colored jackets. He walked up to the man and he received his Entei dorm Jacket. He spread the jacket open and stared at it in awe.

"It's finally starting."

Last edited:

Dements

What the duck?
Years
Calvin Bastion

Calvin sat in his chair pulled up to a table with his hand under his chin holding his head up just staring in a blank state straight at the wall. All he could think of is why is he going here? How could his parents do this to him? He was already doing great in his own adventure. He had never lost a single battle either on his adventure. All this thought just bringing pain to Calvin's head where his head just drops like dead weight to the table creating a loud thumping noise. With all this thought bringing pain to Calvin's head he heads towards his door and leaves his room. Calvin heads towards the deck of the ship to get some fresh air. Once Calvin opens the door he breaths in the fresh air, and takes a look around the deck to see everybody else all seem so happy running around and playing. Just before Calvin sees everybody he notices a certain boy. A boy who's most obvious feature was his over ear headphones. This boy also seemed to have a Haunter next to him. For some reason Calvin mostly noticed this boy whom he's never met, or seen before. With Calvin not wanting to think of it anymore he heads to the front of the boat at the bow. He looks over the boat to see the city closing in. They get closer and closer until the boat becomes stationary. Calvin then slowly walks to the gangplank where he sees all the other kids getting off. He looks around to see some man holding jackets. Calvin walks up to the man to receive his Entei Dorm jacket. Calvin throws the jacket over his shoulder, and walks off. As he threw his jacket over his shoulder Calvin seemed to bump into another student. Calvin though didn't seem to care to look back as he walked on.

Last edited:

Colony

Years
Kyle Haden

Kyle was contemplating his future at the academy when some emo looking kid bumped into him almost causing him to drop his jacket. The kid walked off without saying a word. Kyle was irritated by this and decided to chase him down. He approached the kid and shouted to get his attention.

"Hey jerk! You should apologize when you bump into someone, not run away like a coward!" Kyle said. He continued to stare angrily at the kid who bumped into him.

Dements

What the duck?
Years
Calvin Bastion

As Calvin was walking on he hears somebody shouting,

"Hey jerk! You should apologize when you bump into someone, not run away like a coward!"

Calvin stops walking upon hearing the boy's voice and turns around to see it was the kid with the Haunter. Calvin just smirks and chuckles at the kid until he says,

"Listen kid I don't have any time for you at the moment."

Calvin then turns back around and begins walking once more completely shrugging off his comment.

Colony

Years
Kyle Haden

"Listen kid, I don't have any time for you at the moment." said the kid that bumped into Kyle. The kid turned around and continued to walk off.

Kyle was brimming with distaste towards the kid. He thought that such an arrogant trainer was unsightly and unacceptable, but Kyle knew how to handle this type of person. It was quite simple he thought. He would challenge the kid to a Pokemon battle. It almost always worked. Those arrogant types thought they could never lose, so when challenged they almost always accept. Kyle chased after the kid and finally caught up to him. The kid was on the beach when Kyle called out.

"Hey! I challenge you to a 3 on 3 Pokemon battle! If I win you'll apologize, but if you win I'll leave you alone from now on."

Dements

What the duck?
Years
Calvin Bastion

While Calvin continues walking to the academy, he is stopped near the edge of the beach when the same boy says,

"Hey! I challenge you to a 3 on 3 Pokemon battle! If I win you'll apologize, but if you win I'll leave you alone from now on."

Calvin stops in his path thinking if he heard what he thought he just heard. Calvin slowly turned his head around and says,

"Challenge accepted."

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Gwen Deallus - Cafeteria

After a few minutes of walking; Gwen, Mark and Iny all entered the cafeteria together. Gwen found that the cafeteria was far more busy than she had previously witnessed, with most of the tables partially if not entirely occupied by students. There was a small line of students waiting for food and another huddle of students around a noticeboard.

"I guess that would be the class lists. I'm going to grab some breakfast first though." Gwen said to both Iny and Mark.

She joined the students who were waiting for food, and waited patiently whilst the queue of students periodically shuffled forwards. Eventually Gwen found herself facing a serving window where a woman in a white apron held a ladle and looked at her expectantly. After being served as much food as Gwen felt it polite to ask, [she could have eaten far more] she waited for the other two to get their food, and they found a table to sit at.
Gwen ate mostly in silence, but contributed to the conversation where she felt she could add anything of worth. The food was good and certainly better than her fathers food which was simplistic or her own prowess at managing to burn even the simplest of dishes. After clearing her plate in remarkable fashion for one as skinny and short as herself, she excused herself from Mark and Iny's company, and walked over the the noticeboard.
As she approached, Gwen realized that her height would allow her to see nothing of the noticeboard over the other students and so she simply waited for them to dissipate. A group split off and left together, leaving gwen able to read clearly. It took her a few minutes to scan through the list, but she eventually gathered that she was expected in 'Eggs & breeding 101' and 'Trainer fitness & basic knowledge'.

Sitting back down at the table with Mark and Iny, Gwen informed them of her classes.

"Sucks. I'm not in either of your classes by the looks of it, I got eggs and breeding, and then trainer fitness. I guess I'll have just have to put up with it though, ah well."

Once the three of them had finished breakfast, Gwen headed off to find her first class; and wondered what her first teacher; 'Lexi Styles' would be like.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Hilda - Vigilantism and Community Service
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hilda finally seemed finished and turned to find that there were more students than she'd realized! At least some of them must have snuck in while she was distracted, which was... frankly understandable. She hadn't really been paying attention. She gave the children present a quick look around, her eyes passing over Dez and Alex ever so briefly as she did a quiet headcount after which a smile creeped into her expression as if she were amused by something.

"...Well, I think we're about ready to start!" she said in a casual tone. "My name's Hilda--I'm the teacher." she clarified, and perhaps some of the students that were present hadn't realized such. She was rather young for a teacher all things said. "As you all probably know, there's been some serious criminal activity going down on the island. Basically? We're going to go out there and learn through some real world experience." Hilda continued in a rather enthusiastic manner, hesitating a moment before turning back to her pack. "This is a dangerous class--Don't think that just because it's endorsed by Professor Oak himself that this is somehow completely safe. The truth is that sometimes in the real world things get dangerous, and experience might be the only thing that protects you one day." she went on in a grave tone. "That being said, I've got /one/ question for you all. Give me a show of hands." the shorts-sporting woman said, propping herself up onto her desk again.

"We've got two options. We can either hunt these Rockets, or...--There's a girl we suspect to be hiding in the Dead Forest. Local Authorities have all but given up trying to find her. If we don't do something about the girl, people and pokemon are going to get hurt. On the other hand, there's no telling what Team Rocket might be up to." she offered in an observant tone. "...So... how many of you would rather hunt Rockets?~" she asked in a mildly amused tone. As the various children began raising their hands, it would seem that the dead forest was winning the vote, just barely. It would a pretty one-sided vote for the rockets from the remaining students to turn the vote over.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark led the girls to the Cafeteria to get some food to eat. They only had a little bit of time so Mark wanted to make his meal quick somewhat... He picked up a toasted onion bagel with cream cheese and a bit of Orange Juice as well. It was a small meal but they seemed to fill Mark up just enough for it to matter. Gwen seemed to excuse herself to check her classes. Unfortunately she didn't have the same classes as Mark. That was kind of a shame. Mark found Gwen to be a very interesting girl. Maybe some other time.

As Mark was eating his Bagel, he looked over to Iny. "Hey Iny, I really hate to leave on short notice but I gotta get to class. I'll talk with you all later though!" Mark said as he rushed out to his class. He hoped he wasn't too late but at least he had his fill of breakfast.

Mark eventually arrived to his class, looking around for any other students who might have arrived. Hopefully he wasn't too late. Kind of strange that the class was on the beach... as long as Mark wasn't anywhere close to the ocean he would be fine.

"Pretty sure I got this right, but this is Self Defense and Intermediate battle study right?" Mark asked who he figured was the teacher.

Last edited:

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage - Cafeteria

Iny Closely followed behind Mark, She had a long track record of getting lost and wouldn't like to so soon on her first real day of classes. When they got to the Cafeteria She almost immediately set off for the Lunch line, taking a much food as she thought she could get away with. After getting the food she made sure to sit at the least crowded table so there was a spot for the other two for sure and started scarfing down her Cereal, making sure she got plenty to eat before classes start.While they were talking she made sure to try to eat her food as fast as possible, sometimes talking with her mouth full whenever she had something to say.

"Sucks. I'm not in either of your classes by the looks of it, I got eggs and breeding, and then trainer fitness. I guess I'll have just have to put up with it though, ah well."

"Dang it! I share a class with both of you but at the wrong times!" She whined profusely "And Its the boring ones too." Despite her parents being breeders, she was never really into learning about it, And Berry making? It was just about as fun to her as watching grass grow.

"Hey Iny, I really hate to leave on short notice but I gotta get to class. I'll talk with you all later though!"

"Okay, See you later" She quickly got out before he left, Noticing the biscuit crumbs fall from her mouth as she said it, Blushing little.

"Sorry about that, As I made it known earlier, I haven't eaten since lunch yesterday" She reminds Gwen, Making sure she knows she Isn't always like this. "Anyway I should probably Head out too, I don't wanna be late" She explains "I'll see you later!" She says cheerfully as she grabs a couple of the unopened Juice containers and slices of toast and heads out.

Surprisingly she made it to her class alright, Although a bit disipointed to see that no one is here yet.

"Dang it, I hate being early..." She says as she takes a seat near the back, Finishing off her smuggled breakfast.

Back