• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
But I'd just have to interject! I want to be Elle Woods just once!

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
There's a lady that I worked with who immigrated over thirty years ago and has been married to a Canadian for twenty-five years. All of her children are born here, too.

And she just got Canadian citizenship last year lol She had just assumed she was a full citizen based on her marriage, kids and time living here, but nappppeee.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Wow, that must have kinda sucked.
Japan is probably the most dificult country to get citizenship in that I know of.
To be honest though I've not really looked at it for a while.

How have you been, Dcc, by the way?
Anyone doing anything impressive?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah I also hear that Japan is really difficult to emigrate to. :/ Seems like it's actually really damn hard to get citizenship in a lot of countries, but then it makes me wonder how the heck do we get so many uneducated immigrants in places like Canada who don't even know how to speak the language, and don't have a penny to their name. Makes me question why and even HOW they are even there : |

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Yeah I also hear that Japan is really difficult to emigrate to. :/ Seems like it's actually really damn hard to get citizenship in a lot of countries, but then it makes me wonder how the heck do we get so many uneducated immigrants in places like Canada who don't even know how to speak the language, and don't have a penny to their name. Makes me question why and even HOW they are even there : |
It's not exactly a walk in the park to get citizenship in Canada, either. You have to get permanent resident status first. On top of that, you have to get a work visa and everything in order to work, too. So we might have looser laws when it comes to immigration (not that it looks that hard to get into Japan on a study or work visa if you know what you're doing... or at least I know a lot of people who have) but it's still hard to get citizenship here.

The difference between Canada and a lot of countries is that Canada was built on immigrants. Our native population is very low so the majority of Canadians did not originate here. It's not like Japan or other countries where almost the entire population originated in that country and there are few outsiders. I guess it can definitely be frustrating for people to show up here without a good grasp of the language or what little Canadian culture we can define but that doesn't mean they're citizens at all and it doesn't mean their kids won't grow up to be whitewashed contributing members of society.

I know wouldn't be here if Canada hadn't let lots of people in in the past and I know pretty much all of my friends wouldn't be either, so I've always been for loose (ish) immigration laws. It's just how Canada is. Yeah we get some bad apples but there are a lot of great people who've immigrated here too and to lose out on them would just suck. I mostly wish we were better at retaining people who come here for their education to become doctors and whatnot because a lot of people with good degrees just head back to their native countries to apply their knowledge instead of sticking around. :(

Years
I've heard that trying to get citizenship (or was it just permanent resident status?) is pretty slow. You can't work or even leave the country while you wait and wait and wait for them to process the paperwork.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I know they're really strict with visa regulations and will outright deport you for a year (or sometimes permanently) if you overstay it but I admittedly don't know much as far as more permanent living solutions go there. I've never looked into it. :x

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
It's kind of crazy, but I know a lot of people in my field, mainly liberals, who are trying to gain citizenship in other countries to ditch America. They feel that with the economic hardships and all the unreliable politicians, America is just a sinking ship. I don't feel that the problems are that dire, especially if you're making good money. But I can see how people who aren't making considerable amounts of money could be suffering, and have that mindset. But these guys are people who make over 70,000 a year!

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Dcc, I shall revive you! (Hopefully)

So, is anyone else here as bad at drawing as I am?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Paladin, I keep mistaking you for a friend I had here who just quit haha.

Ehh. My opinion on my drawings varies. I'm best with traditional art, but I recently have discovered the entertainment of scratch sprites. However, I have to reference virtually everything I draw. The only exceptions are Cubone, simple Pokemon like Diglett, and fakemon.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Drawing is okay. Not my favorite thing anymore. I used to love drawing, then I stopped loving it. I realized I...wasn't any good at drawing so it became a dead passion.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Oh? You should post it, Jess! You know how much I like your art!
. . . :3

I kinda want to learn how to draw anime, but I've tried a few times and the results were less then inspiring.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I seen this
and was suspicious. One of the first things I seen after selecting to view your profile was the VM from Nathan. Immediate jaw drop haha. :D
It was your avatar that made me mistake you for, well, you. I dunno. It just seemed like something you would like.
So, should I call you Paladin now?

It is on PC already. I don't want to post it here because the design isn't mine, so here's just a link to the thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300034&page=13
Keep in mind that it's only my third completed Fakemon sprite, okay?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Haha, yeah, I'm back. Fresh start, too!
I can't help but have an inclination towards those sorts of things. X) (Avatar I mean)
I. . . Don't know. :? That's up to you I guess.

No, it looks good!
Have you designed any yet?

Oh, there's more for the topic right there.
How about spriting, guys? I tried, but can't load good enough quality images on my tablet. :I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back