• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Everything must be Pokemon Related)

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2011
Sorry about that.
32!
Mine would be Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. The Pokemon are awesome, Ruby was my first game, and the Hoenn region completely rocks! Black/White is somewhat awesome, but the Pokemon are starting to look a little retarded. I mean, a wrestler pig? An Ice-Cream cone? I mean seriously, I think Nintendo is running out of ideas here. I think HG/SS are my second favorites because the Pokemon follow you and you don't have to trade to get Ho-oh/Lugia in there.
What is your favorite/first shiny Pokemon?
Mine is a now Level 86 Dragonite from the GTS.

Last edited:

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
Years
34~

I remember my first shiny like it was yesterday.
Something around 10 years ago, one night, I was walking to New Bark Town (in the original Gold game). Suddenly, Rattata! Followed by that weird sparkling that the GBC did.

It was hell and back, that moment, since every pokemon I had would OHKO that Rattata even with moves that did no damage (does that make sense? o.Ô). An ultraball made me happy.

Side note... I restarted my Heart Gold. My team wasn't shaping up like I wanted... I currently have a female Cyndaquil named Cindy (because I'm awesome like that (?))... What should I make my team like? Think of it like a Let's Play, but without the Let's Play bits xD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years

My first ever shiny was a shiny swinub in ice path on my original gold version. I was playing it on my GBC in my loungeroom - I didn' know what a shiny was back then - and a blue one appeared. I caight it because it was just out of the ordinary and searched it up on the net and found out it was a shiny.

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

I still say I found a shiny Zubat in my Gold but because I ran away from it, I still can't be sure.

My first definite shiny was the Floatzel I found on my mom's birthday in Diamond. I was searching for a Ditto via PokéRadar, and even though the grass didn't change color or anything (I had just used it), I came across it~

After that was my shiny Girafarig in my imported Platinum. She's my only female shiny (not including Gyarados). I was on my way to battle Wake, and there she was.

And then there's my patriotic Abomasnow. Found him on the fourth of July while searching for an Absol using the PokéRadar (again) on Mt. Coronet in my Platinum. Just like with Floatzel, the grass just rustled a bit, and there he was.

Finally, there's the shiny Noctowl a friend traded me for me to use on my imported SS team.

Arma

The Hyena
Years

I found my first shiny just a few months ago on ruby, it was a Minun. 2 days later I found a shiny Tentacruel in platinum.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
Years

Posion no longer hurts outside of battle?! Yes! *dances* I hated that because more then once I've gotten posioned & its my last pokemon & I'm deep into cave. Usually get fainted even if I turn around & sprint for the nearest exit.

I believe my first shiny was a Ponyta but I don't remember what version it was on..

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
Years

Speaking of soft resets and whatnot, I can't get to SR my DS Lite. It "turns off", but never loads up again, and gives me a not-so-beautiful white screen.
Any ideas?

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

'Tis never happened to me before D:

But try what angel said. /used to blow into game cartridges, but doesn't do it for DS games

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2011
The first shiny I ever found in the wild was a Tentacool while I was surfing in Vermillion City in SS. I was eating cereal and trying to find the elusive truck that Mew is supposedly under. I was just surfing along and BAM! A purple Tentacool with Green Jewels appeared! I nearly spit out my cereal and I captured it. That was a really happy day for me.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
Years
Why are most shinies cooler looking then the originals?

All the unhealthy green shiny pokémon would like to have a word with you :B

Namely the Weedle line, Zubat line, Oddish line, Bellsprout line, Grimer line, Chansey, Tauros, Kabuto line, Jolteon, Espeon, Mewtwo, Teddiursa line and Stantler. And that's only going through the first two generations, and only the worst ones.

I cry over Espeon. Why would they make shiny Umbreon so cool, and shiny Espeon so... Crappy?

Back