• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hi I just started using Jpan's Hacked engine (the tool version). I was wondering if anybody has come across a glitch after using the hack tool to add the extra OWs. When the hero uses surf and has a battle the sprite is all messed up until you leave the map. At first I thought I had messed it up somehow, but I tried it on a fresh rom and it has the same result.

In addition it also resets the game anytime you go near the old man who needs coffee (unless you change his sprite in Advanced Map).

Any help would be awesome.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Is there a guide on how to use shinyzer

It's extremely simple, if you can figure it out:D After you use use it in your rom by attaching it to some free space, just set var 8003 to any number you like in a script. This number is number of shiny encounters you will have in a row, be it wild or trainer Pokemon.

Hi I just started using Jpan's Hacked engine (the tool version). I was wondering if anybody has come across a glitch after using the hack tool to add the extra OWs. When the hero uses surf and has a battle the sprite is all messed up until you leave the map. At first I thought I had messed it up somehow, but I tried it on a fresh rom and it has the same result.

In addition it also resets the game anytime you go near the old man who needs coffee (unless you change his sprite in Advanced Map).

I know that the hidden movement option number 1 in FireRed always causes a crash for me but I have also seen it where missing or corrupt OWs will cause crashing too. Check in NSE classic to make sure his sprite and pallets are intact after the move.

When you say it is messed up until you leave the map, that could be that the rom just needed to refresh itself, especially if you had a save file, which is essentially, a back-up of the important ram data. So, by warping, you refresh the locations and data of almost everything. The location of the battle sprits most likely was moved, and therefore, the game up was unable to recognize it until, the ram was refreshed.

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

It's because this option in the tool version of the hack is broken. It has a bad ASM return address in it, which causes resets when used.

Diegoisawesome discovered this some time ago.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
how much room is there for extra maps on fire red... I intend to add a new island broken into several maps which ultimately has all the gen 3 pokemon... should I be worried about space?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
how much room is there for extra maps on fire red... I intend to add a new island broken into several maps which ultimately has all the gen 3 pokemon... should I be worried about space?

You should have enough, for another Mini-region. Worst comes to worse, you can always expand the ROM :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2021
Hey, I have a question. I'm trying to change the starting map in a FireRed ROM with SMCA but when I load the ROM onto SMCA, I get the error "Run-time error '380': Invalid Property Value". Does anybody know what this means and how to fix it? If not, is there another way I can change the starting map?

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the quick replies, that is disappointing that its broken I was depending on the additional OWs and Palette options, does anyone know if the ips patches have the same problems. I already started from scratch again because of that glitch, however I don't really wont to wipe all scripts out.

It's because this option in the tool version of the hack is broken. It has a bad ASM return address in it, which causes resets when used.

Is there any way of implementing the OW and palette hack without the tool, so it doesn't have the bad return address.

Like a step by step guide, or if anyone could give me a hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

karatekid552

Years

Is there anyway we could fix this and re-upload the tool? JPAN hasn't been active on this forum for a little while, has anyone been able to tell him? He did provide the source code, I believe, so it would be nice.

Hey, I have a question. I'm trying to change the starting map in a FireRed ROM but when I load the ROM, I get the error "Run-time error '380': Invalid Property Value". Does anybody know what this means and how to fix it? If not, is there another way I can change the starting map?

This is a problem that using JPAN's hack causes. I know how to do the things SMCA does with a hex editor. I will write a tutorial soon. You are not the only one wondering this.

Thanks for the quick replies, that is disappointing that its broken I was depending on the additional OWs and Palette options, does anyone know if the ips patches have the same problems. I already started from scratch again because of that glitch, however I don't really wont to wipe all scripts out.

Is there any way of implementing the OW and palette hack without the tool, so it doesn't have the bad return address.

Like a step by step guide, or if anyone could give me a hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe the ips doesn't have any problems, but it does wipe out all old scripts and such, so that will have to be your decision. By the way, always back up, especially when doing something such as using a tool like JPAN's which makes major changes to your rom.

Last edited:

.parado✗

paranormal user
Years
Hello hackers :)
I have a big Problem.. I want to show Graphics via ASM, but I dont know
where the DMA3 location is..

First of all here the Code

Code:
.align 2
.thumb
.global main

main:
        ldr r0, dma3
        mov r1, #0x80
        strb r1, [r0]
        pop {r0-r7, pc}        
        push {r0-r7, lr}
        ldr r0, source
        ldr r1, destination
        swi 0x12
        pop {r0-r7, pc}
        push {r0-r7, lr}
        ldr r0, dma3
        mov r1, #0x40
        strb r1, [r0]
        pop {r0-r7, pc}

.align 2
dma3: .word 0x4XXXXXX

.align 2

source:
        .word 0x08A00000

destination:
        .word 0x06008800

Well, I know the DMA is in the I/O RAM but where? :(

Also, how to load a tilemap?
Cuz I need it too..

95gemello7

MrGarroz
Years
I have no clue. The second way, you were guaranteed results as you did it manually. I want you to try something. Make an edit in PGE and close it. Then open up the hex editor and see if the change was made to the rom. No matter the result, go back into to PGE and verify that the change was made.

My feeling is that PGE isn't editing the rom...

Edit: Next time you use pictures, use tags so that I don't have to follow the links. It makes it much easier for me or anyone to view. Photobucket actually gives you the [img] tagged links in its sharing box.[/QUOTE]

So, I cheked and in my opinion PGE doesn't work on attack's pointer because in my Hex Editor nothing has changed... But what can I do now?? I really don't know how to change manually the pointers because I have to repoint the pointers which are in PGE!
It sounds weird, but I don't know how to explain this thing!

karatekid552

Years
For those you having problems with SMCA and JPAN's hack, i was writing my tutorial today on how to do it with a hex editor, and I learned why. The origional location of the player facing section was cleared for free space. So, SMCA was expecting values 01-04 but got FF.

So, I cheked and in my opinion PGE doesn't work on attack's pointer because in my Hex Editor nothing has changed... But what can I do now?? I really don't know how to change manually the pointers because I have to repoint the pointers which are in PGE!
It sounds weird, but I don't know how to explain this thing!

You know how pointers work, they are just reverse byte order. Also the animation pointer table is in order, so using the section on finding the animation offset in Choas' tutorial, find the location of the pointer you want and then you can move it to the one you want to have that animation. If you are creating new animations, remember-

The offset is AX BY CZ so the pointer would be CZ BY AX 08.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
For the Shinyzer do you have to make more offsets or can you just call back to that one offset everytime you need ashiny in your script?

You can use the same offset. However I have found that you don't even need to do that. Just set var 0x8003 to the number of shines you want to appear in a row. I have done just that on over 100 separate occasions and it always works.

Basically, I just created a ton of tiles that contain this script:

#Dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
setvar 0x8003 0x1
end

and these tiles increased the shiny rate by making the next Pokemon you see, after stepping on the tile, shiny.

blue

gucci
Years
Anyone know why I'm getting a Black Screen when entering Viridian Forest? I've been working on a hack for quite a long time now and I've edited a few maps but Viridian Forest has been untouched, anyway when I try to access it, the screen just goes black.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
if i could have a run through from using like XSE or PKVSUI (the codes i got) but like offset,and implementing them into the map and game.
And can someone explain why APSE isnt changing my sprites.
I made a recolour, then kept the background to be transparent as the original color
butfor my hack i need normal and shiny(which will what be recolored instead of the normal)
what happens is it creates a white outline of the pikachus body but whatever is dark stays, this is all BEHIND the original pokemon but if i synchronize the palettes instead of update it just goes screy and changes colors but the sprite im changing does change except it devleops blobs,whats the best sprite editing program

karatekid552

Years
Ayone know how to fix those Black Screen Warp problems with Advanced Map?

Insert the map into a new bank. That is the only solution I have found that works. I would suggest using a-map 1.92 for anything other than drawing maps, since it is far more stable than 1.95.

if i could have a run through from using like XSE or PKVSUI (the codes i got) but like offset,and implementing them into the map and game.
And can someone explain why APSE isnt changing my sprites.
I made a recolour, then kept the background to be transparent as the original color
butfor my hack i need normal and shiny(which will what be recolored instead of the normal)
what happens is it creates a white outline of the pikachus body but whatever is dark stays, this is all BEHIND the original pokemon but if i synchronize the palettes instead of update it just goes screy and changes colors but the sprite im changing does change except it devleops blobs,whats the best sprite editing program

The best sprite editing program is GIMP. The best sprite insertion program is the Advance Series by Wichu. It can edit pallets for sprites right inside of it.

For writing scripts, consult diegoisawesome's tutorial. For inserting, when you click the gears at the top of XSE to compile, it will show you the offsets. Take the offset of the very first @label you used in the script and copy it. Then, choose how you want to use it. For most things, just place the script in the script offset box in a-map. For some map scripts and s-tiles, a var is required. Pick one thats deemed safe. For a list of safe vars; http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6829256#post6829256 (there is a follow up post on the next page also). Remember, the script will only run on these when the var is equal to the value specified below it.

Last edited:

95gemello7

MrGarroz
Years
For those you having problems with SMCA and JPAN's hack, i was writing my tutorial today on how to do it with a hex editor, and I learned why. The origional location of the player facing section was cleared for free space. So, SMCA was expecting values 01-04 but got FF.

You know how pointers work, they are just reverse byte order. Also the animation pointer table is in order, so using the section on finding the animation offset in Choas' tutorial, find the location of the pointer you want and then you can move it to the one you want to have that animation. If you are creating new animations, remember-

The offset is AX BY CZ so the pointer would be CZ BY AX 08.

Thank you for the help, finally I've made a simply custom animation!! Here's my Night Slash animation!
001NightSlash1_zpsf6f77569.png

001NightSlash2_zpsff786347.png

Also I've ordered all attacks animation's pointer in order to make easier find and select the needed animation; so, can I create a thread, when I have time, where I write these informations? Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back