• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ → The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center [Read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I'd like a mentor, preferably somebody who knows a bit about emulation and challenges. :)
1. What boards are you most interested in?
I am very interested in the ROM Hacking boards; I started out with Snakewood, loved it and now I'm hooked!
2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
I'd like to know more about ROM Hacking, as I really find it fascinating and want to know more.
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
Yep! I'd like to learn more about challenges, the Nuzlocke thingy sounds interesting.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
Nope. Could you suggest a few?

Edit: I've been on the boards for a few weeks but I haven't been feeling very ambitious so I literally have done NOTHING. I urgently need a mentor!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'd be happy to direct you to DrFuji if you like. :D He's an Emulation mod and he'll be more than happy to guide you around the sections there. Glad to see you enjoyed our hacks. :D I would have directed you to Sydian, who's currently the Challenges mentor, but she is not available at this time.

If you respond by tonight, you'll be adopted. Kinda busy at this time so I'll do my best to get you adopted by then. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
What Boards are you interested in? Roleplay, General pokemon gaming, Rom/Hacks,(new to everything)
What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Getting to understand the challenges
Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes I would like to be a mentor if that's possible, possibly provide more information about pokemon and jazz like that.

Rocket_Bailey

Rocket's secret Weapon
Years
1. What boards are you most interested in? Fan fictions, Role play, Chat and challenge games. 2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? The role play mostly. 3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? Maybe looking into Roms and the anime discussion forums. 4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Again mostly the role play and the chatting with new friends.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
Mentor Request

1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation/ROM Hacking

2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Emulation/ROM Hacking

3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? Game Development, Culture Media, and General/Alternative Pokemon Discussions

I'm interested in learning how to ROM hack mostly, but I'd also like to talk to people who love Pokemon like I do.

Kisspower12

Stupid Hero
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
I Would like a mentor. :) Id love to learn all of this stuff.

1. What boards are you most interested in? Challenges! :D
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? The challenges and hacking because my hacks never come out right :/
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Sure! whatever i can get my hands on!
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would like to make new friends and enjoy the forums.

Last edited:
Years
I forget about this site completely. I want a mentor c:

1. What boards are you most interested in? Pokemon TCG
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Art Gallery
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Please c:
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make some friends and not be immature this time c:

Years
1. What boards are you most interested in? Hacking and Emulation!
2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? same as above!
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? yeahh :3
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Gain knowledge of hacking and maybe one day make my very own hack, or help someone make one!

so can i please have a mentorr?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Fl
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
There's a bit of a problem with your request there. The Creative Discussions mentor, Abnegation, is currently not available. Your second choices, however, Art Gallery and Off-Topic, have mentors available. There's Cirno for Art Gallery, as well as Razor Leaf, Shining Raichu, and Livewire for Off-Topic.

For you two, we still have DrFuji and SwiftSign for Emulation. But I would like to remind you two that they are there to guide you around the section, not to answer questions or help you out with your hack. I cannot direct you to a mentor if you need that kind of help. There are sticky threads for those.
thank you Meganium90 :) ummm what about for Game Development who would i go to for that ?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
OKAY GUYS, instead of multi-quoting each and everyone of you, I'm gonna summarize. I've been too busy this weekend and so have the majority of the mentors, so there's no need to keep posting/PMing me. ;)

For those of you interested in Emulation/ROM Hacking: Have you read this announcement? If you basically need someone to guide you around the Emulation section, you can request a mentor here. If you need help on a specific area of ROM Hacking like scripting, mapping or have simple questions, I will not direct you to a mentor. Basically, on some requests, I'm requiring an explanation as to why you chose ROM Hacking.

For those of you interested in Roleplay: I, as well as PkMnTrainer Yellow and Miss Doronjo can take you in. I'll be changing my status in just a bit to indicate my availability so I'll be able to take in at least two roleplayers.

For those of you interested in Challenges: Sydian is currently not available for mentoring at this time. She'll be back sometime this week so if you can wait a couple more days, I will let you know. If you have another interest besides challenges, you can post here or PM me.

For those of you interested in Game Development: Abnegation is available once again and can take in mentees. If any of you are interested in learning the Game Development section, post here or PM me so I can go ahead and direct you to him.

For those of you interested in any other sections other than the ones I just mentioned: If I missed the sections you're interested in, PM me your request and I'll direct you with a mentor as soon as I can.

Also, question #3 has changed...so I don't know why members are still answering the old one. :| I'll post the format again here so future mentees can sign up with the new format.

Spoiler:

ANYWAYS, I....hope I got everything summarized. Questions? You can always PM me as my inbox is opennnn :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
I am looking for someone to show me around the forums and help figure out what's what in the Emulation section. If I need help with my hack I'll most likely post about it, but first I'd like to learn my way around the forums and such and find ways to get myself out there. That's what I'm looking for a mentor for. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
This looks fun ~

1. What boards are you most interested in? Sprite art! *___*
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Art Gallery and beyonnnnnd!
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? M-maybe..? I'm not good with people. D:
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would like to be the best. The best there ever was. u___u And I think that catching them is my real test. So I guess learning how to train them would be my cause. I guess I'll end up traveling across the forum, looking far and wide. So many posts to understand and the power of characters.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I am looking for someone to show me around the forums and help figure out what's what in the Emulation section. If I need help with my hack I'll most likely post about it, but first I'd like to learn my way around the forums and such and find ways to get myself out there. That's what I'm looking for a mentor for. :)

Okay! I'm actually glad you're quite enthusiastic. I'll squeeze you in with DrFuji since Swifty is still unavailable at this time. You'll get somewhat a response later on. have fun!

This looks fun ~

1. What boards are you most interested in? Sprite art! *___*
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Art Gallery and beyonnnnnd!
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? M-maybe..? I'm not good with people. D:
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would like to be the best. The best there ever was. u___u And I think that catching them is my real test. So I guess learning how to train them would be my cause. I guess I'll end up traveling across the forum, looking far and wide. So many posts to understand and the power of characters.

Question #3 has changed in case you didn't read my above announcement :P

3. What other boards are you willing to venture in?

But anyways! I love your Pokemon reference in #4 xD Both Abnegation and Cirno are currently available for Art Gallery. Abnegation can take you around the whole Creative Discussions boards, while Cirno strictly focuses on the Art Gallery, which does include Pixel Art, your main interest. Since that's what you're mainly interested in, then Cirno might be a good match. ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
Awesome! Thank you so much. I really am excited about this. I want to learn a lot so maybe one day I can help others too.

Last edited:

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
1. What boards are you most interested in? Gaming>Black and White The General Pokemon Gaming Discussions and the art gallery
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
The art gallery. I want to know how I can get a bit more proper feedback for the artwork I like to do
Any really, I'm kind of a do whatever comes to my mind person
Make friends, share my interests in Pokemon, discuss the games and possibly some of the Best Wishes anime. Share my hobbies that relate to Pokemon.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
1. What boards are you most interested in? Gaming>Black and White The General Pokemon Gaming Discussions and the art gallery
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
The art gallery. I want to know how I can get a bit more proper feedback for the artwork I like to do
Any really, I'm kind of a do whatever comes to my mind person
Make friends, share my interests in Pokemon, discuss the games and possibly some of the Best Wishes anime. Share my hobbies that relate to Pokemon.

I'd so totally recommend you either Cirno or Abnegation since you're mainly interested in the Art Gallery sections. If you're interested in starting a gallery, as well as need help in getting feedback and improvements, these two can do so. :D Go check out their bios if you want (located on the 2nd post), and you can let me know which mentor is perfect for you. :D

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
I'd so totally recommend you either Cirno or Abnegation since you're mainly interested in the Art Gallery sections. If you're interested in starting a gallery, as well as need help in getting feedback and improvements, these two can do so. :D Go check out their bios if you want (located on the 2nd post), and you can let me know which mentor is perfect for you. :D

I've already kind of met Cirno. She seems like a nice woman and I'd love to have her guide me through that. Just tell me what to do.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I can give her a heads up that you're interested in being her mentee. She'll be more than happy to take you in. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back