• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh, you called? When? I'm sorry, my phone was dropped in the sink.

Soari

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2015
I couldn't think of a better title. >>
Anyhow, my question is: do you make up excuses for not answering a call from a friend, a relative, etc when you are actually not in the mood to talk to anyone? If yes, then what excuses do you give?

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Yup, always. When I am not in the mood, I tend to make excuses to anyone, be it a friend or a family member. Some excuses I make is that I was sick, I died for a bit, I lost my phone, my phone was silent all day or it had no battery..you know, the generic ones.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I don't get a lot of calls on my phone. I get a few texts now and again though.
I tell my friends/family I was sleeping. That's really the best excuse I can think of. And it's sometimes true too. XD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
No, since my phone is flat and broken I obviously cannot answer it. Sometimes the people who call are angry with me. Well if it that important then they can ring my home number. :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
nope, i've always been straightforward with the fact that i ignore pretty much all incoming texts/calls, and it's become such a known fact that people don't even ask anymore and theres been a steep decline in attempts to communicate with me! :S

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
Years
I only really ignore calls from my dad because it's the same thing he says to me everytime.. I answer all texts, though.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
Years
I really don't have my phone ever charged up, so there's really no point in trying to contact me at all on mobile. But if I do get a call on the home phone and the answer machine gets it (which is most likely), I'll just say that I didn't get a message.

Ayselipera

I pretty much answer all my texts and calls. Besides when people text me "Hey" because that always leads to a pointless conversation of "Hey what's up" "Nothing much you" -blabhabhalbhba why are you texting me if you have nothing to say!?!?!-

As for calls, like I said before I usually pick up. Even if it's a blocked number because I enjoy my fair share of prank calls. The only person I never pick up for is my older sister because she is annoying and talks for 30 minutes about things I don't care about. Plus she laughs at almost everything she says which means I have to sit there and fake laugh which I HATE doing. The end.

Oh and I only give excuses to my sister if she asks later on. I just say things like, "Oh my phone was on silent."

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
When I have to, I use the tried and true "Sorry, I've been buried in homework and studying" excuse when said "homework" usually involves PC. Though I do try to answer the phone whenever I can, if only to stop the annoying ringing and to see if it's anything important.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I just tell them straight up that I didn't want to talk to them. Or that I was busy doing something else. I don't like to be on the phone when I'm doing something, as I become unfocused. If that ticks them off, then it is their problem, not mine.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
Always. I make sure I include my family in the excuse since my friends usually won't pursue anything that personal. Most of the time I'm actually lying in my bed half asleep. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I make up reasons for not responding to texts when I'm in an iffy mood. Usually, though, when someone calls me and I don't answer and they ask why later, I tell them I didn't feel like talking on the phone. Most of them understand, since they don't like talking on the phone either. The others, I quite honestly don't care if they have a problem to be quite honest.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I just say that my phone was lost or it was off while charging.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
"Sorry. My Phone was Dead."

Half of the time this is the reason why I don't respond to text or phone calls, so I pretty much use it whenever I don't feel like talking to people.

Years
Honestly, I get so few phone calls, that I just pick them up straight away. ._.; Basically if I give excuses, it's really why I didn't pick up the phone.

I love texts, so I usually reply to those, but if I miss some it's because, well, I don't notice them and forget to reply. So that's what I'll tell them. I've probably intentionally not replied to a few but people didn't notice.

If I make excuses for not replying to people, it's over IM... 8) *whistles*

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I do it all the time.

My job is a bit of a get-out clause, I just say I didn't get the texts til I came home. If its on a weekend and its before say 2pm I just say I was asleep, and if its from someone I cba to talk to I don't reply then say I had no credit. Simples.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
If it's home phone that rings, I say I was gone.

If it's the cellphone that rings, I say it was dead.

If someone IM's me, my status goes to 'Away', and I just don't answer.. xD;

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh yes. I tend to ignore calls a lot... I give excuses like "my phone was elsewhere", "I was sleeping", "I didn't hear my phone", etc. And people believe me...

Back