• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NO! MY SHOES!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Are you someone who will purchase a new pair of shoes and is so self-conscious about them that you will go out of your way to make sure those shoes stay clean and perfect for weeks, perhaps months on end? Be it rain or mud, rocks or dirt - those shoes will stay spotless, even if it kills you! Or maybe you're just one of those who wears the same pair of shoes until you become accustomed to shoes without soles?

Last edited:

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
I don't really care much for shoes and I'm someone who tends to go with whatever works. I can stay on the same pair for years at a time until they get too worn out to use anymore.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
No, not at all. They're made to be worn, so I don't bother keeping them spotless. I also wear them until the fall apart because I really hate new articles of clothing, jesus.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I try to keep them clean as much as possible, but at the end of the day something that walks all over the ground all the time is going to get dirty. So no, I don't put too much effort into keeping my shoes clean.

Now if I like...step in a mud puddle and get them absolutely filthy or something, then I'll wipe them off. Once they start pulling apart and stuff I get new ones.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Im that way with shirts, but not shoes. With shoes I just know they'll get dirty super fast.

Years
I only care about the shoes if they're really, really muddy. Otherwise, I couldn't care less. Then again, usually the only shoes I wear are work shoes, which get covered in flour pretty quick. They're dirty from the first day I wear them to work. So I'm used to dirty shoes. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
SPsxS.jpg

It's the same with shoes and really anything that's new (other than my laptop. I had it for two years and I still guard it so much) that I own. I'm super careful to not damage it for a while and then it just slowly stops and I stop caring so much.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Being a guy, I find shoes look better when they're worn and scuffed and dirty. Brand new shoes that are just shining with newness look awkward... so I tend to actually try to make them look as worn as possible as quickly as possible.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I try to keep them clean as much as possible, but at the end of the day something that walks all over the ground all the time is going to get dirty. So no, I don't put too much effort into keeping my shoes clean.

Now if I like...step in a mud puddle and get them absolutely filthy or something, then I'll wipe them off. Once they start pulling apart and stuff I get new ones.

This basically. Though I do try and keep them neat. I will use the protecting spray on them and wash them every so often or change their laces once in a while if they are sneakers so they don't look tattered or anything.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
I hate brand-new looking shoes because everyone takes it upon themselves to step on them and ruin them, which is just depressing for me. But eh if they get dirty then they get dirty.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I try not to obsess over my shoes, but if I step in a puddle or do something that completely ruins the shoes, I'll softly curse the world.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I don't care how nice my shoes look. I buy them for comfort and convenience, not for style, so as long as they don't start falling apart and stuff to the point where my toes/heel are seeing the light of day I'm fine with them.

I actually prefer an older, worn out pair of shoes to a brand new pair since the old ones are "broken in" and I'm used to how they feel.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
For the first few days I check regularly to see if they're not dirty. but after just about a week that habit wears off and I realise that it's inevitable that they're going to get dirty. When they're absolutely filthy, (covered in mud and whatnot) or are broken, I either clean them or replace them with a new pair!

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Blehh. I don't care about my shoes. I'm an adventurer, I adventure. I get down and dirty in mud puddles and I use rain water to wash the mud off. It's as simple as that.

Years
I really could care less what my shoes look like, and in all honesty, I haven't bought a pair of shoes since my senior year of high school (which was back in May 2010). As long as they keep my feet dry and don't have any holes or anything, they're good enough for me.

Back