• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Black Doom

How to get to IZUKI after Pokemon League

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
Pokemon Black Doom SCRIPTER NEEDED!

I NO LONGER NEED A SCRIPTER!!!!!

images.jpg
Pokemon Black Doom
images-1.jpg

Hack of Fire Red (BPRE)

You are a black boy, who lives in Mercyville, Tarmin Region. On your 12th birthday, you are ready to start
your journey. Professor Erwin Müller, who is your Uncle, is ready to give you your Pokemon. Both have no idea that you are getting sucked in the oldest and most dangerous legend ever.... Or does your uncle know more than you do......

The Legend:
Hundreds of years ago, there were two organisations called Team Black and Team KKK. They lived in the Region of TARMIN and battled over years. Then, Team KKK called the legeandary KUKLUGRANDE and attacked Team Black. The organisation was torn apart by KUKLUGRANDE. But then, Black's Leader binded his soul with the unbeatable BLITHEAIRION. But the time wasn't ready. BLITHEAIRION turned wild and destroyed everything. The rest of the leader's soul casted a spell to seal the pokemon away. He said that once, a brave trainer could revive BLITHEAIRION and stop the evil forever...

Geography Lesson
Spoiler:

• three new Regions: TARMIN, IZUKI and GANTIM.
  • A black Main character and Rival
  • Some DP Tiles. (maybe)
  • Subway all around the Region
  • New PokeDex Order
  • Starter Pokemon: Houndour, Ralts and Tyrogue
  • An airport
  • No more Elite 4. Instead, there will be Either an Elite 5 or the Pokemon League like in the series.

Screenshots:
BlackDoom3.png
BlackDoom5.png
BlackDoom6.png
BlackDoom7.png
subway_station.png
BlackDoom8-1.png
BlackDoom10.png
BlackDoom11.png
BlackDoom9.png

titlescreen.png
subwaystation.png
togepiparadise1.png
togepiparadise2.png
togepiparadise3.png
togepiparadise4.png

togepiparadise5.png

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QATImgsD_3k The Intro Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQgHl8z-5H4 The Intro Part 2
THE TRAILER IS UP!!!!!:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TS3lKDJVRc

Staff: GiantGroudon (Me): Mapping, texting, main story.
Lead Betatester: The_Lucario_Master
Betatester: Dark Wolf X
SCRIPTER, assistant mapper: .:AnDrE:.
Staff needed: someone for the tileset, someone for the Tilescreen

Current progress:
Mercyville 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Mapping almost done, just a few details. No scripting at all
Route 1: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Mapping and wild pokemon complete, but no trainers edited yet.
Mt. Negroe Valley: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 almost finished.
Route 2 : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 the same as in Route 1.
Wood Town: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 outside mapping done.
Route 3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 nothing done at all
West Heartrow: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 half mapped.
END OF BETA 1!

You'll be able to get three badges in the 1st Beta.

GiantGroudon's Gym Leader Search
I am looking for Gym Leaders to be in the game.
The first is already taken.
The second will be grass Type
The other ones: Post this:
Which number?: insert Gym leader 2.3,4,5,6,7 or 8.
Name: Insert the name you want to have
Type: What pokemon type you want to use (7th and 8th Leader can have as much types as they want)
Pokemon: Number of pokemon you want to use and which one you want to use (except Leader 2. He needs to have 2 pokemon)
Sprite: Post your sprite. (not needed, but recommended. will help me decide which one I'll take.)

Leader 1: Sergei the burgular
Leader 2: dark lakitu
Leader 3: ???
Leader 4: ???
Leader 5: imafishmom
Leader 6: ???
Leader 7: Charchoal
Leader 8: Eeveeon

Sprite Gallery:
kkkleader.png
Team KKK Imperial Wizard/Leader

Releases:
Spoiler:

Credits: to Kyledove and Christos from PHO for the emerald rombase which i ripped a house from
Neti and ROM Reaverz for their font generator
2.png
0.png
0.png
8.png
g.png
i.png
a.png
n.png
t.png
g.png
r.png
o.png
u.png
d.png
o.png
n.png

dark lakitu for his stairway tiles
Skillmen for the Togepi Paradise tiles
http://magicstone.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1910 German Version of the thread.

Last edited:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
right, a hack containing racial content...

people may find that offensive which is a big turn-off for hackers.

and your starters don't form a "type triangle".

they do
houndour - dark
hitmontop - fighting
ralts - psychic

dark >psychic > fighting > dark

and racial content? unless there is something in game we are yet to see i think this 'racial content' being a black main character is a unique idea and if the hack is done well this might be worth playing

HELP! Somehow, This thread isn't in hacks showcase. How can I move it to there?

you need to read the requirements in the sticky in the hacks showcase and then PM a mod to move it for you.

oh, and i reccomend you change hitmontop to Tyrogue considering the others arent evolved.

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
but I changed the pokemon that rival gets too, so he is still getting a type advantage

BTW, was there EVER a black Person in ANY POKEMON GAME? I don't think so. So my hack is kinda a revolution

oh, and i reccomend you change hitmontop to Tyrogue considering the others arent evolved.
thanks. I wanted to insert this one, but I forgot the english name. I don't know all of them, since I'm austrian

Last edited:

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
they work that way but they don't work backwards.

Ehh..... Fire > Grass > Water don't either work backwards so your post its only off topic,

anyway nice screenshots, good luck on this, first time to see someone use Black and White as characters =)

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Aha for you to know cause I acually like this hack the only type triangles that work are:
The only possible starter triangles (i.e. three types that are weak to one another in a rock-paper-scissors fashion and the same with resistances in reverse) other than the traditional Fire/Water/Grass are Rock/Fighting/Flying, Fire/Rock/Steel and Grass/Poison/Ground. (Before you send me an error report about it, NO, DARK/PSYCHIC/FIGHTING IS NOT A TYPE TRIANGLE. See the FAQ entry on the subject for details.) We are not likely to get such starter triangles, however; Fire, Water and Grass are both traditional and make sense as representatives of three elements while the other triangles are pretty much out-of-the-blue incidental relations that happen to come out of the type chart.
Thank you to dragonfly cave for this!And the faq entry in the quote:
@_@ NO, THEY DON'T! STOP REPORTING THAT! ARRGHETWETPJAERPOAMEF!
...now that I got that out of my system, the reason for that is that while Dark is super effective on Psychic which is super effective on Fighting which is super effective on Dark, it doesn't go the other way. With Fire, Water and Grass, Grass is not very effective on Fire which is not very effective on Water which is not very effective on Grass. With Dark, Psychic and Fighting, Dark is not very effective on Fighting which is not very effective on Psychic which is ineffective on Dark. It breaks the triangle.
Seriously, why have people been trying to "correct" me on Dark/Psychic/Fighting even though the section itself clearly states that it has to go for resistances too to qualify as a triangle? I've now put a special notice in parentheses to tell people specifically that Dark/Psychic/Fighting is not a type triangle into the section itself, but judging from my results at trying to make people read the FAQ before reporting errors so far, this will probably just make people e-mail me about Water/Ground/Electric instead (which has the same problem).

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
and racial content? unless there is something in game we are yet to see i think this 'racial content' being a black main character is a unique idea and if the hack is done well this might be worth playing
Aaah, the racial contents are the n-word and Team KKK
And that your White rival gets a better pokemon than you do.

EDIT: Now your rival is black too.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
wow im all for blacks in games and ish but team kkk and downing black power (white man gets somethin better) this is SO stupid..and besides that ur maps are terrrible..

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Mhm. Wow.

All this racial content seems like more of a cry for attention than a serious hack. Really, what need is there for something like this?

From a hacking standpoint, your maps need a ton of work; each are far too wide open and bland. There are also quite a few tile errors.

I would encourage you to simply not go further with the hack; however, if you're determined, I would say to perhaps find a "better" mapper, or at least one that understands the basic, unwritten rules of mapping. Also, I would tone down the racial quality of the story; really, there aren't many people dying for a Pro-Caucasian Pokemon Hack.

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
Hey guys, it's not that much racial content. it's just team kkk and the n-word. I just took it because something like tht was never seen before in pokemon game. In fact, Nintendo is the racist. there was just never ANY Black person in ANY Game. And after
Spoiler:

And where should there be tile errors? WHERE?
and to the point bad maps: Sorry, but I'm not good at making tiles. If I'd be better at editing tiles, then the maps would look way better.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
but I changed the pokemon that rival gets too, so he is still getting a type advantage

BTW, was there EVER a black Person in ANY POKEMON GAME? I don't think so. So my hack is kinda a revolution

thanks. I wanted to insert this one, but I forgot the english name. I don't know all of them, since I'm austrian

Hate to break it too you, but I had a black professor in my Citymon Gold game.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Hey guys, it's not that much racial content. it's just team kkk and the n-word. I just took it because something like tht was never seen before in pokemon game. In fact, Nintendo is the racist. there was just never ANY Black person in ANY Game. And after
Spoiler:

And where should there be tile errors? WHERE?
and to the point bad maps: Sorry, but I'm not good at making tiles. If I'd be better at editing tiles, then the maps would look way better.

You don't need to make tiles to make a good map.
The problems with your maps are they are very plain, and with them being very plain, it would seem there would be few tile errors but there are a bunch.
The story having racial content such as the kkk as a team and your opponent having a better pokemon just because he is white is racist.It seems to me like you are the racist when you put in the n-word and kkk in it.
I have always wondered why black people weren't in pokemon games but i guess nintendo only remembers the stereotypical african/african-american/black people in the game.
and actually you could make a black person in pokemon battle revolution so you are wrong about black people no being in any games.
i'm sorry but this game isn't getting my support.
Fix your maps, story, and racial content then i will support you.
my closing words are that you are making this because of attention but not as a serious hack.
Even though a black person in pokemon is unique, don't go overboard and decide to make it like it was a couple of hundred of years ago where the white person was apparently always better.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
HAHAHA, your videos were harsh but funny.
I think it's an alright idea even though I'm not a racist, it's just fictional, and Pokemon has a few too many white people, as if alot of people ignore the existence of black/brown/yellow/red/whatever people.
This hack seems to overemphasize black peoples existence.
But I don't think you should make everyone in the game a racist.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
True enough, You don't have 2 have the n word in there and kkk that's pretty racist. And ur maps do need some work. Just shape up your act with the racial commenting and you'll have my support. But until you do, no1 is gonna support ur hack becuz no1 likes a racist.

Years
Hmm, sounds like a very unique idea.
Might want to change Ralts's moveset though, I mean, at level 5, it has NO OTHER MOVES than Growl, and the first attack move it learns is Confusion, which doesnt affect Houndour.

Nonetheless, I like the idea. I'll be watching on this one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back