• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
We have some singe-lane one-way roads on campus where for some reason people tend to end up going the wrong way on x_x Terrifying when you see someone come around a corner up ahead and come towards you :x

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I can't imagine driving on the wrong side of the road. Just reaching down for the gearstick with my right hand instead of my left... nope, that's just too weird! Well, it would be weirder if there was no gearstick at all. Driving in the US/Canada would be the weirdest for me, personally.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
No gear shift? How do you reverse...what I'm so confused

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Nope, most people drive on the right. Look at the picture from Wikipedia!

Spoiler:

Red = right, blue = left.

wow lmao I always thought it was the americans who were diving on the wrong side of the road. Seems like we're the ones who're doing that.

I actually never imagined so many countries followed that style of driving.

Years
Oh yeah your Imperial measurements are stupid! You measure too many things in pounds, like pressure and force. Although you did get the 'weight' measurement correct by measuring it as a force whereas people get confused between mass and weight.
Grams are mass. Newtons are weight.
Stop putting ideas in my head I'll get in trouble for saying something.

Back on topic, I find I'm a very good driver (despite the abundance of speeding and parking fines I've racked up) the street I live on is like a race circuit in it's layout, it's fantastic.

Years
I can't imagine driving on the wrong side of the road. Just reaching down for the gearstick with my right hand instead of my left... nope, that's just too weird! Well, it would be weirder if there was no gearstick at all. Driving in the US/Canada would be the weirdest for me, personally.

Automatic transmissions rock, Jon! They make it soooo much easier to change the radio dial and eat if you're running late to somewhere! And many American-made automatics have the "gear shift" (in this case, being limited to Park, Neutral, Reverse, Drive, and one or more gears intended for hauling) sticking out of the steering column, while the e-brake is where the gearshift would be in a manual!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm annoyed because if I end up working in the UK, I'll have to take some more driving classes XD Or just take the bus or something. (Also fun fact: people in Madrid used to drive on the left until 1931. Other parts of the country didn't. It was so horribly confusing it was decided to just keep it on the right everywhere. But our local trains still run on the left since it was too much hassle to swap that too and it's horribly confusing for everyone!).

And I'm still amazed to know that automatic transmissions are an actual real thing XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If you work in London, you DEFINITELY won't need a car, Went. The rest of the UK, sure. But absolutely not for London. If anything, a car will slow you down in comparison to either walking/bussing/Tubing/cycling/whatever-ing.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Even outside of London, if you live in the town or city you work on, public transportation is just easiest. Well.. you'll be here over the weekend so you can see for yourself, Wenty :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Automatic transmissions rock, Jon! They make it soooo much easier to change the radio dial and eat if you're running late to somewhere! And many American-made automatics have the "gear shift" (in this case, being limited to Park, Neutral, Reverse, Drive, and one or more gears intended for hauling) sticking out of the steering column, while the e-brake is where the gearshift would be in a manual!

My mom's gear shift is still between the seats, so's my boyfriend's. Idk, think it depends on the car XD but they're definitely both automatics!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years

Honest

Hi!
Years

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You're missing out Live. I have a soft spot for NY subways. Especially the R train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back