• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
Great you're back Zel :D

The ending has not been edited at all (and I don't know how much about it can be edited, well, maybe the texts and the graphics), but not the events where Gary comes out of the building and so on...

You can change the sprites that come out of the Indigo Plateau because they are on the map. (So it could be Mary and Oak, or maybe Carlos?) and I have made a list of the Unzl numbers for the ending graphics, just tell me if you want it.

StupidKid27

Slightly Mad
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2008
Hello there,

Two quick glitches, everything else worked fine for me but for some reason the boat won't go to Kanto the second time. I'm on the boat and the sailor keeps saying they'll make an announcement. I've talked to everyone on the boat I could find and nothing seems to happen. Is there something I'm supposed to trigger? Same with the Celebi event, I go into union cave but nothing happens and Kurt doesn't react to the GS Ball at all.

Great hack so far.

nrox653

What should I put here...
Years
When is beta 5 aka.the full game. coming out?

Please read the first post, zel has said that countless times.

@Cartman- I think you're missing the point of what I said. I mean it sounds like old 1st/2nd gen music and not like the music in FR/LG Game Freak remixed.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
The new thread looks great. I hope Shiny Gold becomes a much greater game over the days. Is there any way I can help to make additions? I can do anything, make banners, sprite (anything), script, etc.

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
Years
Can you stop spamming?? Ask someone in a PM Cuboney.

BTW Zel, This has gone a LONG WAY, I remember it was almost a whole year ago that you started this. I doubted that you were going to get far,I said, He will probably stop around Golden Rod or Olivine city but BOY WAS I WRONG! The last Beta I played stopped at Radio Tower after you beat team rocket. The game is amazing Zel. Im saving myself the fun until you complete the whole game.

XxOblivion77

All-Around Gamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Hey Zel, I've been screwing around with beta 4 and went through the game and found a interesting bug (which is actually very benefical)

From Ekcruteak, if you go to Mahogany town first, Amelia will be there and if you talk to her, she'll know who you are and whatever and give you the items.

But, that's not the bug.

She says I got to go, but doesn't go away!

She stays there and you can keep getting as much items as you want.

So anyway, that's what I'm saying and I can't wait for the game to be complete!

This is going to be my shiny gold team when your done with it:

Meganium
Red Gyrados
Ho-oh
Pidgeot
Espeon
Gengar

w00t nice job dude.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
@Cartman- I think you're missing the point of what I said. I mean it sounds like old 1st/2nd gen music and not like the music in FR/LG Game Freak remixed.

What are you talking about, some parts maybe, put it actually does have some FG/LG sound remixes in it.

yoshikiller995

Any thing but slow
Years
Hello there,

Two quick glitches, everything else worked fine for me but for some reason the boat won't go to Kanto the second time. I'm on the boat and the sailor keeps saying they'll make an announcement. I've talked to everyone on the boat I could find and nothing seems to happen. Is there something I'm supposed to trigger? Same with the Celebi event, I go into union cave but nothing happens and Kurt doesn't react to the GS Ball at all.

Great hack so far.

Well for the boat, you have to go to sleep before the boat gets there.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Awesome video Zel, i like the remix, ahhhhh, so nostalgic. :P

BTW hows the sprite coming?

How's the sprite coming? Well, I recently talked with Marnic, and he's a bit busy. Though he has made a few more pokemon sprites and fixed the new heroes' overworlds. I need to see them yet.

Wow, so much earlier than I expected! Through talking to you on MSN, it sounded like you needed a real break, but you came through for everyone yet again. Zel, you're amazing, you know that?

Anyways, huge congratulations on having re-done the entire thread, and by the looks of it, it should keep out at the very least half of those spammers out, but there's always going to be people not having the time to (or so they think) read the first post.

I realized that that banner I posted up in the last thread is actually pretty bad, so I'll probably be working on a better one, because I really want you to replace that one... >_>

Anyways, good luck zel, I'm rooting for you and SG 100%! Although, take your time, because the longer you take, the better it'll be, eh? ;D

[Business talk]

Zel, those new palettes you got in there look stunning. They're not too off with your custom dark-green palette that basically goes through the whole outdoor game. The flowers look nice, and I see you've added in those cool little flower tiles. Are they animated, like FR's flower tile? I mean, do they move back and forth and whatnot.
Another question, have you changed the trees at all? They look different. It may just be my memory of Pokemon Eclipse's DP tileset, the trees were different than yours, but still, I can't help think that you've changed your trees, too. Let me know.

Well, go ahead and make another Banner if you want, Marz. I just happened to run into yours, and I wanted to add it (after all, the banner will be inside that Spoiler, so I will put a few more)

Those flowers (DP ripped), no, they don't have animation (there are not many tiles with animation, and the flowers that have the animation are still those red ones), I just added them to fill a bit more all the maps.

And, yes, the trees are different. They are still those DP trees, but I have reduced their sizes from every side this time, that's why it may look a little different. And, it's obvious I also changed their palettes (respecting DP's palettes, while respecting my grass palette ended up as a pretty cool combination :))

Hmm... So after a month, Shiny Gold's back, eh? :)

BTW, those new tiles you've implemented look great! And I heard the remixed music while browsing on Youtube a few weeks ago, and it sounds pretty good. The only weird thing is that it doesn't quite fit in with the other midis in the 3rd-gen games. Even though it's remixed, they're still the sort of beeps and tones that we had to get used to hearing back in 1st and 2nd gen games... Maybe listen to the music and just entirely make a midi from scratch instead of recording the original tones and edit them a bit?

Ehhhmm... Well, birthofdna may explain the part of making the midis, I can only say that, once the midi is done, it's all about picking well the instruments and the voicegroups (that's key to avoid those weird sounds that tend to happen when you just pick a voicegroup without taking care of the instruments the midi has - They must match those in the voicegroup), but obviously, if you compare a midi and the rom sound, we have a problem. The same as if you compare the sound Nintendo makes and the one we rom hackers can insert into the game... :P
By the way, I'm an amateur at music insertion, but... I promise there are better sounding tracks than that one ;)

cambiosid4.png

Well, the tiles. We will discuss them until the end of the times. The two-little-leafs one is very nice. The new flowers (looks like an old fire flower from Mario Bros, lol) well, can do good. But the little three red and white things... I don't really like it :\ And, um, did you change the main grass tile? I see a bit and it looks different...

Probably the grass looks different from the impression of comparing it and the trees together (since they use different palettes)
And the little things? Are just fillers, so it's not like they must be something amazing...

You can change the sprites that come out of the Indigo Plateau because they are on the map. (So it could be Mary and Oak, or maybe Carlos?) and I have made a list of the Unzl numbers for the ending graphics, just tell me if you want it.

I have a few unlz numbers as well. But, since I still don't care about the ending we'll leave that for later.

This game is so awsome. I have it on GBA cartridge. I have one question. I am using a brand new laptop with windows vista. I try to access poketronic and it tells me I need a certain program. I downloaded that program and on vista I cannot find the "Run" option... Can you hep me please?

This doesn't have anything to do with the thread. Sorry.

Hello there,

Great hack so far.

Yes, go to sleep, a few people already tested it, and after sleeping you must be able to talk with the sailor and he'll let you through.
Don't forget you need to first go to talk with Elm, then go to Kurt, and as long he's not busy, he'll take the ball.
This reminds me: don't forget I have uploaded dirk's walkthrough in the "Tourist Center" section in my first post. If you have a gameplay question check the walkthrough first.

The new thread looks great. I hope Shiny Gold becomes a much greater game over the days. Is there any way I can help to make additions? I can do anything, make banners, sprite (anything), script, etc.

If you want to make a banner, go ahead, I'll receive more banners. The rest is already covered, but if I need anything, I'll call for help.

That's all, by the time I finish this, there were more posts, but I can only reply to what I quoted. Remember: If I'm replying give me some time till I finish, else I could end up missing your post. Thanks!

Years
Let me just say that Shiny Gold was the reason that I got into hacking and PC. But I found a little glitch in the game. If you haven't beaten the Cianwood Gym and come back to the olivine lighthouse and then the gym, Carlos still talks as if you have got the badge the Cianwood Gym.

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Great, Shiny Gold is finally back!!! The new tiles look really good Zel and your new first page should really help to take care of some of the old issues. Anyway I'm glad to see that SG is back and I can't wait to see more of your progress.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
Years
Woot, SG is back! New tiles look a little funny, but whatever.

Also, I hope Dirk doesn't mind, but I edited his walkthrough a bit to include some extra locations and other things. I just wanted to help a bit.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Awesome, glad to have another thread for this. I'm not too far, only at Goldenrod, but I love it.

On another note.. Zel, I've been working on this for a while, I'm not too sure what you'll think about it. If you'd rather me not work on it, because of the secrets it "ruins", I'll abandon it. It only goes up to where I'm at right now (Goldenrod, again), and it's still "Version one", so it's not perfect, but..

*Shrug*

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2008
awesome hack zel i hope this hack goes till the end unlike other hacks im dl righto now

this has inspired me to hack now

Back