• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Version [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Yay!
Light Version is back!
i was looking forward to this ;D and still am ;D

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
UPDATE

Okay guys time for a major update. When my thread was closed I was actually planing an update, but I saw it has an opportunity to work in the underground and post one big update. The hack has gotten quite far now. Since gyms isn't the main focus of the hack it's hard to compare how for it is. But if you play throw your pokemon will average level 25, which is about 4th gym leader in firered. Also there are three big battles which I would say count as a gym leader.
so here are some new screen shots :D
LS34.png

Showing off Livingston city, and that triangle will be used in the story later on.
LS23.png

After the competition Professor layton ask you to get rid of all the thugs in Mt. Conria. this is where you fight their boss
LS24.png

Showing more of the mugshot hack and how key players would have different colors.
LS25.png

Now that you got rid of the thugs who were highjacking cargo ships professor layton was able to finish his pokedex. He places it on the floor and you can chose to take it or not. The pokedex is 100% optional. After you defeat one of the leaders you find out there is an other group of thugs in Edinburgh.
LS26.png

Now that your in Edingburgh you don't have to continue the story line, we can go side questing. Become a "Kiki Deliver" and earn your bike.
LS27.png

Showing off Edinburgh
LS28.png

LS29.png

LS30.png

Now back to the plot you see some gang members hanging around the edinburgh well; suspicious.
LS33.png

Seems to be an ordinary well, wait there's a switch!
LS31.png

Showing off the Dialga statue (Also you can see I placed traveling nurse joys for the bigger routes

LS32.png

Showing off the palkia statue

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
In the 4th screen shot, you misspelled she's, that is you forgot to add the apostrophe in between. Anyway, the game looks pretty good and I'm quite impressed by the mugshot you've placed in. Good luck.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
LS30.png

civilians
and these updates look really goood C:
Thank you I will fix that. That reminds me thow. Since sarcastic prince has been banded from PC I need a grammar/spelling fixer. Any one up to the task? Also just to re-cap Light is always looking for eager spriters and asm hackers.

In the 4th screen shot, you misspelled she's, that is you forgot to add the apostrophe in between. Anyway, the game looks pretty good and I'm quite impressed by the mugshot you've placed in. Good luck.
Thanks, and I inserted it but the mugshot hack was made by Jambo51 all credit goes to him.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
This looks real nice. I'll have to download it and play it sometime.

I need a grammar/spelling fixer. Any one up to the task? Also just to re-cap Light is always looking for eager spriters and asm hackers.
Would that task entail anything specific? I don't have much to do (though that may change in a week), so perhaps I may have enough time to help out.

Also, some more fixes:
Spoiler:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
This looks real nice. I'll have to download it and play it sometime.

Would that task entail anything specific? I don't have much to do (though that may change in a week), so perhaps I may have enough time to help out.

Also, some more fixes:
Thanks, I fixed all the ones you corrected; I'll message you.

What do you know, Light's back :D
Anyways I've got question... why Dialga's and Palkia's statues look like the real ones? =D
Becuase I didnt want to grey scale them, and I had two pallet's in the bridge tileset still unused. Plus In the storyline they are brought back to life with the orb of Life.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2012
I saw you had a few spelling/grammatical errors, and if you'd like someone to do run throughs of your conversations and what not, I can help out some. If you want the help PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address. Can't wait for a beta of this game :D

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
No need to worry about that, DavidJCobb did a great job, and I fixed all the errors he reported. Light is only looking for ASM hackers, and spriters. :)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Update

yay, time for an update. My hack now goes up to:
2 Dungeons (A cave, and a Well)
7 Routes
4 Cities
and your Pokemon will be around lv 28 :D

Screen Shots:
LS35.png

After you get off the bridge you get to battle your rival.

LS36.png

After you beat your rival and enter EDINBURGH CITY you can go north to a new route.

LS37.png

This route however is optional to the storyline, but it has the daycare, and trainers to battle against.

LS38.png

Back to the storyline and the EDINBURGH WELL.

LS39.png

Looks like SIR PETER is trying to get the red orb, the orb of destruction.

LS40.png

Stein, one of the smartest rouge scientist helping out Sir Peter. After you beat him sir peter says he is going to blow up the well! Time to hurry up, and get out.

leews24

ha
Years
This looks awesome, and hey, the thread moved!!
Anyway I'm looking forward to this, and also
willing to beta test(actually I'm willing to beta test anything)!

Anyway good luck, it looks Awesome:)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Congrats on entering the Hack Showcase. ;)
I'm hoping to see beta sooner than I thoughts now :D

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
The hack looks great!!

Btw, in the first page, you say you made some custom pokemon and then "see bellow", however, they aren't there :x

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
This looks awesome, and hey, the thread moved!!
Anyway I'm looking forward to this, and also
willing to beta test(actually I'm willing to beta test anything)!

Anyway good luck, it looks Awesome:)
Thanks I will consider it when the time comes.

Congrats on entering the Hack Showcase. ;)
I'm hoping to see beta sooner than I thoughts now :D
I can release a beta anytime, except for the fact that I don't want to release a beta until jambo finishes the pokedex hack. :)

The hack looks great!!

Btw, in the first page, you say you made some custom pokemon and then "see bellow", however, they aren't there :x
Ah yes, still working on them I want them to be top-nouch. Also I don't want to post any until there in the game. (And they won't be in the game until jambo releases his pokedex expansion hack, which will have compatibility for 999 Pokemon!)

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I've been watching this hack ever since it first showed on the progressing hacks forum and I must say, this is really outstanding, I love the tiles,especialy the tiles for the bridge and the Dialga/Palkia statues, they look pretty good.But I'm a little curious about one thing, how can you cook items with recipes?(like it said in the feature area of the thread) :)

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
You know all those final fantasy games where you can fuse two items together to get one better item. It's the same concept. e.i PLASTIC+POTION=SUPER POTION.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back