• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Thanks to ffa and leachim_paloyz15 for positive comments !

hmm... wait you made some small updates to the beta?
Yeah, I've fixed two bugs (which I believe no player has even noticed) but also added two minor events to the game which make the first trainer battles work better.
Currently, you're able to take on Theresa right at the beginning but now you've got to train a little bit before doing so. Same goes with the gym in The Capital but that event is implemented another way than the other one.

Anyway, I may put another release up soon when I feel like testing the hack again.
That one would only contain the changes mentioned above - no more gameplay.

Until then, you can play Beta 2.1.

EDITED

Actually, I happened to put a link to the new beta in the first post.
However, I didn't test it through - I only checked that the new things, that I added, work properly.
It should be bug-free though but you'll never know...

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
A screenshot update !

I've "completed" (it's possible both sides may change later) the map of Suden and felt like I could post map shots of them :D

For people who are wondering, that building in East-Suden isn't a castle although it looks like it. I'll probably try to redo it later or get someone else to do it but yeah...

westnf.png
eastz.png

miksy91

Years
does that mean we can download the patch and finally go to Milky valley?
No, that place isn't accessable in Betas 2.1 and 2.2.
*It's Milky Village actually like the following video will point out...

Time for another update !

This time, you can see a video about the inn in Milky Village.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
If it's not a castle, what the is it? When I looked at the screenshot before reading I was like "cool a castle!" then your say it's not a castle :(

miksy91

Years
If it's not a castle, what the is it? When I looked at the screenshot before reading I was like "cool a castle!" then your say it's not a castle :(
Spoiler:

so when can we expect the next beta? o: like by the end of January or Mid February?
It really depends on the fact, how much I want to include in it.
I've planned beta 3 to be a lot bigger than beta 2 and you'll likely be able to get a couple of Orbs in it too.

About progress after beta 2; Milky Village and Areas 107 & 108 are completely done so I haven't even gotten that far yet.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to release it anytime soon - that's all I can say for now.

miksy91

Years
Bumping up this thread to show a small update of how things have been progressing.

Lately, I've had a lot of time work on this hack and I've already completed Grand Tower (a person in Greenwood Town mentions this place in Beta 2) and Area 109. Not only that but the next place after it is also almost done already !
Anyway, here are some screenshots of places that can be seen in the Beta 3 (whenever it's up).

scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php

1) The one of the left is a script of opening the gate of the Miltank farm in Milky Village.
2) Hall of the Grand Tower
3) A river (leading to a possible secret place)

P.S
You can follow the progress of this hack in Youtube as I'm uploading quite many videos of progress updates in there. A couple of days ago, I for example uploaded a video about a small asm hack that makes it impossible to release the "important" pokemon through PC.

If you did, it would affect the gameplay so that you wouldn't be able to pass some parts of the hack without cheating (although I believe most people would just continue from the point when they saved last time but I just want to game to be as bug free as possible).

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2012
hey miksy91, reading your posts and how you're eager in developing this hack really excites me to play even more your version of pokemon. I've just downloaded it, but sadly I can't get the key to the 2nd gym. Yes I already have the itemfinder but it only says "Yes! Itemfinder indicates there's an item nearby." and I tried walking every part of the map that shows that text but still no key...is it with the man who sells you mapgear? i dunno....I really like to move on with this game...

the itemfinder only says there's an item nearby. but i don't have any idea how i get the key...what will i do? :( i want to move on with the game.....

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
For starters, I posted VMs to both shomoher and veeyah earlier but in case you need to know how to pass a certain point in the game, read the FAQ in the first post and if that doesn't give an answer, reply here.

Anyway, there isn't much to be shown for now - I've gotten through editing the place after Area 109 and have completed Area 110 although a little sidequest / minigame there is far from finished ;)

For next beta, I'm going to include another town after Area 111 and probably some other places too so it won't be up in a while.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Hello, I saw some videos on Youtube (including when Koolboyman played the beginning (which actually really suprised me), it was cool to hear his voice and stuff!) and I just want to say it's cool that not EVERYBODY here is hacking Gen 3. I love Gen 3, but honestly I prefer Gen 2 hacks more.

...And I recognize you from Skeetendo! :P

Anyway, good luck with your hack, I hope you finish soon! ^--^

miksy91

Years
Reviving the thread back from dead once again.
It's time for another update ;)

Update

I've done a lot with this hack lately - I don't even know what pushes me to continue it this much but somehow I just find it more fun than doing anything else :D

Anyway, I've finished Area 111 and done all the major scripting in the town after it, Argent Warehouse. If you wonder that name comes from, it's because of a large research center they've got there which was disbanded some time ago. Why? That's for you to find out in the next beta.

And here I've got a couple of new screenshots:

scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php

I just want to say it's cool that not EVERYBODY here is hacking Gen 3. I love Gen 3, but honestly I prefer Gen 2 hacks more.

...And I recognize you from Skeetendo! :P

Anyway, good luck with your hack, I hope you finish soon! ^--^
I don't recognize you though :o

Thanks by the way :)

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
Reviving the thread back from dead once again.
It's time for another update ;)

Update

I've done a lot with this hack lately - I don't even know what pushes me to continue it this much but somehow I just find it more fun than doing anything else :D

Anyway, I've finished Area 111 and done all the major scripting in the town after it, Argent Warehouse. If you wonder that name comes from, it's because of a large research center they've got there which was disbanded some time ago. Why? That's for you to find out in the next beta.

And here I've got a couple of new screenshots:

scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
This is looking great! My GBC Emulator on my PSP is just waiting to be used, and I want this game to be the first game I play there.

Nice updates you got there Miksy91, and good luck! ^^

miksy91

Years
Loving the updates and the screens are looking great!

nice job miksy love the hack you got here :D !

This is looking great! My GBC Emulator on my PSP is just waiting to be used, and I want this game to be the first game I play there.

Nice updates you got there Miksy91, and good luck! ^^
Thanks to all of your support :)

Anyway, time for another update !

This time, I've got a video to be shown which introduces Argent Warehouse and Super Onix (who takes a comeback from old Crystal-based Dark Future).
Watch and comment - if you do, it's possible that the thread may not stay dead that long ;)

Last edited:
Back