• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Be a champion

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Becoming champion just ends the game; you somehow become indestructible and might just stay inside the plateau for eternity just battling rookie trainers.
IMO what would be better is extending the number of side-quests/adventures so that the game goes on for a bit longer after the E4.

Thing is they'd have to be good enough to be able to get there, and not necessarily rookie. :x You could possibly earn a lot of money and experience for taking on these trainers and actually winning!

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Would be cool, but annoying if you had to go back everyday or forfeit your position.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Would be cool, but annoying if you had to go back everyday or forfeit your position.

I always remember in Gold/Silver/Crystal Versions when you battled Red in the depths of Silver Cave, which I'd assume he forfeit his position at the Pokémon League in place for Lance.

But other than that, if that sort of system really did come into effect Pokémon X and Y, it would probably be something like a ranking system similar to how it was in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in Glitzville to those who have played the game before. And after the credits have rolled and stuff, then you'd go back and have the choice of forfeiting or battling.

Something that I'd enjoy though, but at the same time quite difficult to go back there every single week or so to keep that position. xD

Years
It'd be cool if you could go back there when you wanted. What about if a new trainer appeared to battle you every hour? You wouldn't have to stay there obviously, just go when you please. It'd be a great way to train your higher levelled Pokemon post-game.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
That'd be so cool if that feature were to be implemented! I've always found that after I've defeated the game, I really don't want to play anymore. There's not too much to do and I feel as if I have to move on to another game because everything has already been completed. That'd be interesting, though, if you had like a prospective trainer/challenger come by every now and then to challenge you. It would certainly be something different, although I don't see it happening as GameFreak likes to keep traditions running throughout each of the games.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I wish it would give people recognition of you or if you went in the League instead of rematching them you can actually fight trainers who want the title, if you lose it, you have to earn it back, maybe missions that only the Champion can do, etc. just elaborating more on it, with a bunch of features, not 2 or 3, I mean this is what you set out for, isn't it?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wish it would give people recognition of you or if you went in the League instead of rematching them you can actually fight trainers who want the title, if you lose it, you have to earn it back, maybe missions that only the Champion can do, etc. just elaborating more on it, with a bunch of features, not 2 or 3, I mean this is what you set out for, isn't it?

I like the idea of specific stuff for the champion to do. You could even perform rescues and incorporate a part of Mystery Dungeon into the main series games, which would appeal to a lot of fans imo.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps they could send you, the champ on a mission to get the third legendary pokemon because of that, you're the champ and the only one who they see as worthy. Of course though it could be hidden forcing the player to find the lake/pillar/chasm/etc.
Other missions would also be nice, such as the already mentioned (by others) rescue missions.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
They send you on a tour to another place as a Champion where you are free to battle/are to battle anyone that comes in your way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Perhaps they could send you, the champ on a mission to get the third legendary pokemon because of that, you're the champ and the only one who they see as worthy. Of course though it could be hidden forcing the player to find the lake/pillar/chasm/etc.
Other missions would also be nice, such as the already mentioned (by others) rescue missions.

That would be -too- good. Instead you'd want the champion to rather conquer bad guys than reap the rewards. If you were the champion I'd see them wanting you to save people and beat resurgences of the evil teams.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
That's a pretty nice concept, actually o.o It's like 'survival mode' in some games, where people would challenge you. It'll be embarrassing if you have a low level HM slave on your team when that happens. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's a pretty nice concept, actually o.o It's like 'survival mode' in some games, where people would challenge you. It'll be embarrassing if you have a low level HM slave on your team when that happens. xD

Well they can always replace the HM slave - say you get to pick your team before it happens, and therefore you could really show your skills, rather than just using boring mons nobody would wanna face. :(

Back