• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Awww. :) I put some good thought into it and I hope it's as great as previous events! <3

YEAH HE DOES. But if you're playing with that team in your sig, I would assume you'd be alright. :( Oh wait challenge mode........

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
That exploding Onix and Sandstorm is not fun. D8

Edit: it's almost a pity that Altaria isn't a single type nor does it have a Conquest type image available. My team would be ultimate fluff then. (Well ultimate would be keeping Mareep, but either way.)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That is a shame. :( Altaria is so good too! Can't go wrong with Fly, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Dragon Claw (Pulse in gen IV and on tho). That's my standard Altaria set. :)

Also, Valentine's challenge going up at midnight Central! :D I'm excited!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, my goal of finishing Black 2 before the event is ruined. I got stuck with a Japanese password on the Plasma Frigate and I've tried typing all the possible ones and have had no luck unlocking the gate. I've battled all the grunts as well, and have gotten that card thing. So idk what I could be doing wrong, other than reading the Japanese characters wrong or typing them wrong or Serebii has them wrong. No clue. :/ idk how I'm gonna finish it at all at this point.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
  • レシラム
  • ゼクロム

Just remember to use Katakana input mode.

Those should be the ones...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I didn't see them listed on Bulbapedia. And I'll try those Rewy, thanks. Those were listed on Serebii though and didn't work before but ugh I wanna finish this lol. :( I did have it on Katakana though.

Edit: None of them worked. :( Thanks though.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
I just looked up from Marriland, since I've been idly watching all the let's plays while whacking around Plasma Grunts myself.

It's hilarious to play since my Zoroark is on the lead and my Fly/Strength slave Braviary is at the back...
"Braviary used Dig!" wait, what?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'll probably look up something later. idk what I could be doing wrong though. :/ I've tried the Katakana codes at least four times each now. And I know it's not a number code because the first time I played this file, I remember them giving me the numbers 2, 2, 2, and 0. This time I got no numbers and I battled all of them and talked to them all after winning. Multiple times. So idk, maybe I'm hitting the wrong Katakana? I'm matching it up with what I've been reading though so idk. :/ This makes me upset. I wanna finish this challenge. If not today then...just in general. lmao

Edit: Didn't know there was a translating qwerty keyboard in the game. I used that and made it through. Too bad I spent about an hour and a half stumped. :/ idk if I'll finish by the end of the day now.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sweet, I beat Lance in Johto, so now I just have to get to Fuschia City and I'll be all set for the Event challenge tomorrow!

*Necrum arm pumps*

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have to grind Zweilous and grind for Blue Shards. >> Anyone know a good place to do that in Black 2? I wanna finish this before or during the posting of the event. :(

Years
You should grind Zweilous off of Audino on route 23, or whichever route is right before victory road, they give a good chunk of exp. Also use rare candies if you have them?

Blue Shard Locations: Route 13, Route 13, Route 17, Route 17 (With Dowsing Machine), Desert Resort, Desert Resort (With Dowsing Machine), Mistralton Cave, Village Bridge, Relic Passage (With Dowsing Machine), PWT (Lose at PWT), Clay Tunnel (With Dowsing Machine), Reversal Mountain (With Dowsing Machine), Seaside Cave (With Dowsing Machine)

You can also get them in Join Avenue apparently. Good luck!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
There's an Entree Mission for shard collecting that makes it pretty easy to build up a lot of shards pretty quick. I don't remember who you talk to to unlock it though.

Also, I got my Pokemon off LG, so I'm all set to start tomorrow!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Thank you, dears! And yeah, I gotta make sure my Ruby is cleared off before I restart it for the event. :3

Years
I'm wondering if it's ok to make my own series of challenges based off the months, and put it on my subreddit. I will use the event challenges Sydian makes, but I will make my own for any missing months. I will give credit to you Sydian in the events you do make.

So is it a yes?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm wondering if it's ok to make my own series of challenges based off the months, and put it on my subreddit. I will use the event challenges Sydian makes, but I will make my own for any missing months. I will give credit to you Sydian in the events you do make.

So is it a yes?

I'm fine with that, as long as you remember to give credit like you said. We have had a St. Patrick's Day challenge in the past and a Halloween challenge, and two different Christmas challenges. They're all listed in the FAQ if you need to see the rules, since I don't think you were on PC yet for some of them.

This event challenge is looking great Syd! Also lol @ how my pair's favourite Pokémon is Altaria too.

Cause Altaria is awesome! ;)

Years
Thanks Sydian!

I also have an idea for May/Mothers day challenge. It is like an egg-spin, except you breed 10-15 different Pokemon yourself. You hatch all these eggs, and you are only allowed to use the females you hatch. If you hatch more than 6, breed again with all the male Pokemon you hatch, or dittos if you hatched no males.

It is only a small idea, and it probably won't work well.
_____________________________________________________________________________________---
EDIT: DONE!
Also, some ideas for other monthly challenges would be splendid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back