• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Truth or Ideals

Which world would you want to live in

• Truth

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Ideal

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
As I was playing White 2 and catching Reshiram. I was pondering the idea If I rather live in an Ideal world or a world full of truth. I think each game seemingly was correct Ideal was advanced but seemingly corrupted. The truth isnt advanced but peaceful. If the world divided into truth or Ideal which would you want to walk into?

Personally I would go into the truth world. The truth may not always what Id want to hear but it would be better then being told what I want to hear.

Did this question have you think for a minute or have you known this for a while and it was easy to answer?

Last edited:

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Tough choice. I'd probably go with an ideal world. Truths can be tricky; one person's truth may not be another person's truth, so which "truth" would a world of truth be based on? An ideal world, at least to me, would be one in which I can have fun. Be there embracing lies or gruesome truths, as long as I can live in a place where.. how do I wanna word this? A place where I wanted something to be. Be it right or wrong, that's some for us to decide. Be us right or wrong, that's something for us to see.

Not entirely sure where I was going there... But, basically, ideal.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
Idealistic world would be the best for me.

Although the truth, or reality can be hurtful sometimes, you could still make your ideal a reality if you keep pursuing your dreams and stay positive throughout.

This does relate to real life.

Years
I agree with the ideal world. My truth my not be another's truth, and it isn't right to force my truth on other people. I believe that the ideal world would stem from everyone's ideals, and be best for people because their opinions mattered in building that world.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Both are valuable.....

but I think I would rather live in a world of ideals. I feel like the truth might make people lazy and falsely identify things as the truth when they could actually be better.

Years
I'd rather live in a world of ideals, since my persona fits more of the ideals side than the truth. I'm also not that good at identifying the truth but good at identifying ideals.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Truth is itself an ideal; there are no absolutes, so living in a world of truth would, to me, be an absolute hell, because living in a world of truth would mean that everything would be absolute. Whilst the stability inherent in that idea is one that I find quite appealing on some levels, I think I'd rather retain my individuality and my own truths in a world of ideals rather than have universal absolutes thrust upon me from on high. The difference between the two, to me, is the factor of choice, and a world of truth would offer no choice and, like a lot of people, I'm too attached to the idea that I have the right to think as I please to give that up.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ideal. I love the truth, but in an ideal world you wouldn't have truth, so I think Zekrom made the right choice here! :3 Zekrom also being my favourite, too...

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Well, ideals are the better ones in the first place. Ideals have a constant goal whereas the truth has no goal, because it is only the truth. Also, sρεcтяα put it nicely, in a world of truths, everything is absolute. In a world of truth, research ceases to exist unless they get the true outcome the first time. I may not be wording this how it was in my head, but that's what I think.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Ideals are nicer and more optimistic, but maybe they lead you to deception, as you wouldn't see things as they you should. Truth can be hurtful and disappointing, but at least you know where you stand

Years
In a world of truths, I'd say. I believe we should live in a world where we accept the fact that we're all different and we all have different truths, no one is more correct than the other but we learn and gain new things everyday from each other. Ideals seem very far fetched to me and unrealistic.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Anyone else want to partake in this?

They will eventually! It hasn't even been a week, and generally bumping posts like this aren't really accepted unless they have something to contribute. Also, keep in mind people are more excited about X/Y right now unfortunately, so that's another reason why it hasn't got so many posts. :(

Back