• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2016
I'm stuck on Dark Rising HQ. Everytime I talk to Sydney she tells me to go stroll around. What do I do about this?

Also is DR2 gonna be a GBA game?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I don't know if thats been brought up but after you enter the Prof's lab again and go directly left you are unable to move anymore. Also, can anyone tell me if Horsea is available in this game (and if so, will it be able to evolve into Kingdra)?

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2015
My only recommendation for this game would be you increase the level of wild pokemon o the experience they give to be at least somewhat on par with the ridiculous level slope. I have no problem grinding if I have to beat a trainer, but it doesn't add difficulty when you force someone with level 45 pokemon to grind on lv 20 spinarak's...it causes annoyance. The game is plenty difficult with every single pokemon you face (trainer) having some sort of status and a 5-10 level jump on you.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
I'm stuck on Dark Rising HQ. Everytime I talk to Sydney she tells me to go stroll around. What do I do about this?

I had this same problem. I almost thought I was going to get stuck in the part. But what you should try to do is let at least one day cycle pass in the game (day --> night --> day) once a cycle has gone by go back into the HQ and everything should be fine. This worked for me

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2016
I had this same problem. I almost thought I was going to get stuck in the part. But what you should try to do is let at least one day cycle pass in the game (day --> night --> day) once a cycle has gone by go back into the HQ and everything should be fine. This worked for me

Awesome thanks for the help!!

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Loving this game. Lots of grinding but still fun. Cant wait for DR2.

Does anyone know if the Wide Lens item is in this game?

Last edited:

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
There's a bug in the game, the event of Circle of Life occurs even if it has been completed once, please check it, otherwise unlimited Victinis. One thing where can we buy Fire Stones.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yes.

My only recommendation for this game would be you increase the level of wild pokemon o the experience they give to be at least somewhat on par with the ridiculous level slope. I have no problem grinding if I have to beat a trainer, but it doesn't add difficulty when you force someone with level 45 pokemon to grind on lv 20 spinarak's...it causes annoyance. The game is plenty difficult with every single pokemon you face (trainer) having some sort of status and a 5-10 level jump on you.
Wild Pokémon do not give so many exps, though...

how do i download this.? help? zip and gba
Download it from the first post and extract the ips and patch it with LIPS.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
Hey where to get a FIRE STONE

There's another bug, when we catch a pokemon when the party is full, the pokemon goes to PC Box saying that Thorh has been sent to the a box, also it comes two times.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey where to get a FIRE STONE

There's another bug, when we catch a pokemon when the party is full, the pokemon goes to PC Box saying that Thorh has been sent to the a box, also it comes two times.

You can get Fire Stones in the first city, Flamen City, from the mart. As for the bugs, once DR2 has made enough progress, my scripter will look over the scripts in DR1 and go-over them, making them work without any problems. For now though, you're gonna have to either avoid or deal with the few bugs here and there. None of them prevent you from completing the game, even though they are annoying sometime I know.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
There's also a scripting bug which doesn't look good, it is that the player doesn't turn towards the NPC to whom he talks to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
This game is so hard. But its so fun and im looking foward to the next Dark Rising. BTW i am at the first gym with level 15 pokemon and i cant beat him. Anyway nice job with the game! Oh and PLEASE GIVE MORE EXP FOR WILD POKEMON AND TRAINERS.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TIME

Here it comes............

Wait for it.......................

Okay, this isn't sounding right..............

I'll be submitting the Dark Rising 2 thread in 2 days! So it'll be posted in the progression hacks section in the upcoming days. Now, back to work for me!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
Lol i thought the update was going to be for DR 1.5 really cant wait to play the upgraded version. As for DR2 thread being submitted in the PHS thats great. :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Lol i thought the update was going to be for DR 1.5 really cant wait to play the upgraded version. As for DR2 thread being submitted in the PHS thats great. :D

The guy who's managing all of the tile inserting into 1.5 is still working hard on it last time I checked. I'll contact him and see how it's going. Last I heard he has done up until Iceland City.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2017
just finished DR1 and was looking some new hack. this is great. i can't wait even 2 days coz' of excitement :))) thanks DR Team, this is one hell of a great hack :D :)

Years
Well, if you're referring to this game, I think I can give you some reasons:

First, the game is freaking hard! XD
Second, It seems fair since most important trainers have some too (especially Adrian having a whole team of it).
Third, they seem to add a little "flair" to the game.
My dear friend it is not that hard and where have you put those Lucky Eggs and VS seeker to train from. Just look at me and some other guys. We never used any Legendary and still defeated the game ;)

Why is it that the game won't let me start it even though I applied the patch to a clean FR rom with LunarIPS?

I just get a white screen...
You must be using a wrong ROM. Try some other one and see the result

I would really love to play this if someone would tell me how to patch it correctly...
PM me or see the patching rules or (if it is allowed) Get a clean Fire Red ROM and patch your Rom with the IPS file of Dark Rising on a Lunar IPS patcher programme

Are you there on first time or after beating the Millienium City Gym?

Last edited:
Back