• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you choose what to watch?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Around 2009-2010, I was a writer at a friend's anime blog. So, at the beginning of the season, I checked the season previews and read some recommendations to determine what I wanted to watch. Nowadays, I use MAL to find similar anime. I watch a few episodes and decide where I want to go with it from there.

BelTobiVP

Angel ov Babylon
Years
I mostly rely on recommendations nowadays as I don't really have time to read through reviews/summaries. Sometimes, however, I will just end up on stumbling across something that seems good.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I reply on recommendations as well. I don't like to waste time and need to know what to expect. This is the same case for video games as well. Thanks to youtube I can watch clips to find out if the anime/game is right for me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2013
I just read the description of an anime I think I would like. Even if I don't like the description about it I'll probably still watch at least the first two episodes. If I like it I watch it and if I like the anime enough I will 100% always go and find the manga. Sometimes I get recommendations from friends and I check them out too.

Back