• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Remember Pikablu?

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Heh... I remember Pikablu. Everyone was so sure that there was this mysterious Pok?mon in Red and Blue. There was even this really long list of things that you had to do in order for you to get it. It was even claimed to be "certified" by Nintendo as a working code. Of course we know now it was just a leaked picture of Marril for Gold and Silver that started it all.

I really pity those people that actually attempted that terrifyingly long code.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
Chimou said:
Heh... I remember Pikablu. Everyone was so sure that there was this mysterious Pok?mon in Red and Blue. There was even this really long list of things that you had to do in order for you to get it. It was even claimed to be "certified" by Nintendo as a working code. Of course we know now it was just a leaked picture of Marril for Gold and Silver that started it all.

I really pity those people that actually attempted that terrifyingly long code.

Oooooh I remember that. I was talking to my friend when I was in 7th or 8th grade and she said her favorite Pokemon was Pikablu. I was like...uh, is there even a Pikablu? Then I bought the TV Guide and it had Pikachu on the cover and it explained about what Pokemon was, the schedule, and a little "Who's That Pokemon?" puzzle for a new Pokemon that would be seen in the new season--which was the Orange Islands at the time. So I looked at it and I thought it was Pikablu. When I ever looked at the answer it said it was a Marill. O_o That proved everyone wrong I guess...

Alakazam

Banned
Years
I hated peole who would lie and say that they had Pikablu and other legendary Pokemon, when they don't even exist. Those people are pathetic and that's why I make sure that every single codes works before I post it on my site. You won't find any of those "Beat the Elite Four 50 times without healing your Pokemon and Prof Oak will give you Pikablue" types of codes.

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
I never blieved Pikablu was real. I did, however, think that it was a Pok?mon that was going to be in a future game. It turned out that I was right.

Oh, and sorry that you were duped, Punkie. That must have sucked.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jun 24, 2010
Pokemon Unofficial CARD COLLECTOR'S GUIDE No. 47 has Pikablu, Togepi, King Slowpoke, and Lady-Ba as New Pokemon introduced in a Tropical Islands set when Pokemon: The First Movie came out in Japan.

Common sense lets us know that Togepi is of course Togepi, King Slowpoke is Slowking, and Lady-Ba is Ledyba.

I didn't know they changed the name Pikablu to Marill when it came to the U.S.

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Marill's name was never Pikablu. A fan named it Pikablu.

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
What? Are u all saying Pikablu's Marrill? O_o;;

*gets the crap beaten out by a bunch of Marrils*

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Yes and no. Yes some drooling fan got their hands on the picture somehow and nicknamed it "Pikablu" because it resembled Pikachu and it was blue. No because it was never named Pikablue. The "Pikablu" god Pok?mon that became part of R/G/B mythology was completely different...I guess.

Years
heh..Pikablu, my friend even printed out a pic! then i got this becket mag. that had the G/S pokemon in it, and 'Pikablu' was there. ha! I thought it was real! haha

RoxasOld

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 29, 2006
i remembered (before orange islands) that all the kids would say that there is a pikablu.i never believed them. then when maril first came out ,but no one knew it's real name, everyone said that it was pikablu...i dont think i still believed them...but i forgot :laugh:

punkie90

You can call me PK!
Years
I know. It was pretty much a made up nick name. It like the new one is pikablu and its blue! And there is pikachu. what does chu stand for?

Years
punkie90 said:
I know. It was pretty much a made up nick name. It like the new one is pikablu and its blue! And there is pikachu. what does chu stand for?
Pika in Japanese means 'Sparkle' I think ( 90% sure) and Chu is the sound a mouse makes, Sparklechu. its like saying Sparklemouse...kinda

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Close. Pika can mean sparkle, spark, electric, and lightning... @@ Chu can mean mouse, rodent, or rat.

E. Master

Ho-oh Master
Years
My cousen told me when I was 8 if I got him a level 100 Blastoids he would give me a pikablu, an I did it and all I got was ***** pikachu!

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Swearing isn't allowed in the forum. Watch your language please.

And I think you're talking about Pichu, Porygon. It's in G/S/C and R/S.

Back