• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: DNS - Day, Night and Seasons

~|Sora|~

Gold and Silver Remake.
Years
Hi everyone!
Well, what say?
It seemed impossible that a Rom could put the seasons, for this reason that you... Excellent work!
Really, I love the new features of the tool, apart from being fairly easy to use and insert day and night and seasons.
Well thank you for this great tools that are sure to help us all improve the appearance of our Hack's.
Greetings, thanks again! :)

Atte. ~|Sora|~.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Every time I attempt to write the season header to the rom, it gives me a error message and I can never enter the header. Help would be appreciated.(Also, the proper codes to put into the season boxes (AKA: normal, winter, etc.) in the header editor would be nice, thanks!)

@prime: Good work!

bigboi

Hacker of the 3rd Generation
Years
So, would you have to insert your own tilesets to get the seasons working?

TheDarkShark

Metal Headed Hacker
Years
@bigboi: Yes. Then you create a new set in the Season Header Editor and set all the needed options (tileset number for each season).

ahsome

Scripter Legend
Years
I might sound like a complete noob (though i am not :) ),
How you use this to add day/night/seasons in ruby
I'm pretty new, so pls help me out thx :D :D

bigboi

Hacker of the 3rd Generation
Years
It would be nice to have some pre-made tilesets, but it would take a LONG time to do all the seasons. It would also be nice to make the windows and lamp posts light up, just to make it more night-ish.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
MY english isn't so good, so I didn't look at all comments

but is their any way to edit tiles when it's dark, so lamps and windows are ligthed up? And when it's autumn, the trees are more orange and winter it's snow??

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
but is their any way to edit tiles when it's dark, so lamps and windows are ligthed up? And when it's autumn, the trees are more orange and winter it's snow??

As far as night lights go, it's possible, but not with this hack. prime mentions earlier on this page that he didn't want to add such a feature to the public release.

As far as seasonal changes:
prime-dailgia said:
The season-system changes the tilesets. Therefor it uses an header. This header can be edited with the Season-Header-Editor.
If you install the System it will only install a blank header.

Aquamentis

Touhoumon Master
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 22, 2016
I've been working with the Day Night tool for a while before coming across this Day, Night and seasons tool. But when it says that it finds the old DAN of the Day Night tool and I click the button to remove the previous DAN I get an unhandled exception has occured in your application.

So I would like to know if I can keep the old DAN from the Day Night tool in my rom since I am using this just to add seasons into the game as well.

prime-dialga

pure darkness
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
@dt200
the AM (1.95) can insert new tilesets or you must do it with an hexeditor

@mikocoon
You can use levelscripts an the statusbyte to change the Weather...

@paupir
sry, i maid the system like it is now and i didn't want to add a feature like this.

@Golden Warrior
sry, i can't find any errors... it would help if you send the error message and what you had written befor it appears.

@Aquamentis
You can try it. I didn't tested it, so i don't know it.
btw. you can try to install the old RTC in a clear ROM like you had done it with your "main" ROM. Than you can make a patch with another clear ROM and the nearly clear ROM with the DAN, but the ROM with the DAN should selected as the clear ROM and the clear as the edited ROM. Than you have to patch the "main" ROM with this Patch an the old DAN should be erased.

@Topic
Finally the second DNS version is released! Now the DAN-System sould work in double battles to and the Statusbyte will be written, even when you are in a cave or an house.

Also i had inserted Jambo51's Day/Night-Evolution-System, now for all FR and LG-Versions, and a supportfunction. You can find the Evolution System in the menu: Tools->DNS-Extensions and the supportfunction: ?->Support. Unfortunately the Supportfunktion is in german...

You can update the tool with the button or with this Link:
h**p://www.memoryresources.de/DNS/DNS.zip

@Jambo51
Now you can use the system in your patch/tool, but please give credits.

Years
  • US
  • Seen Sep 2, 2011
Um... for some reason this isn't working for me. I click insert seasons and DAN but in game it does nothing, It's always daytime. Is there any fix for this?

prime-dialga

pure darkness
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Have you enabled the RTC in your emulator? (But normally, if you had installed the Systems and disabled the RTC in the emulator it should be night all the time...)

For the Seasons you must edit the Season-Header with the Season-Header-Editor. If you only install the Seasons it will install an blank Header and you have to fill it with Tilesetoffsets for each "Summertileset" you have inserted in the Header.

Years
  • US
  • Seen Sep 2, 2011
I do have RTC enabled, but it stays always day time. And for the seasons, is there a tutorial where I can learn to make tilesetoffsets for seasons?

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
a question here i inserted the D&N and works but it doesnt seem to work for new routes what i meen by this if you havnt edited the previous routes towns but created your own the D&N doesnt work any solutions please?

Back