• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Plasma Grunt *Your Username*

Years
Didn't see something like this so...
This is very hypothetical. Say Team Plasma did everything it stood for without abusing pokemon or trying to rip them away from trainers. If Team Plasma was more peaceful and wasn't thieving and forceful, (and without any of Ghetsis' secret motives) would you join in their ranks?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hopefully this doesn't get too close to "FREE POKEMON" and end up fit entirely for pgen but as it is now it's fine as is.

But anyway, I think I wouldn't. XD; I'd prefer to live in the region watching everyone else doing that and for me kinda... to just do whatever I'd like. idk I'd probably try to stop them to prove Pokemon and people can live together! except then I'd fail and conform. ;__;

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Probably not, I like pokemon too much too let them go free. XD
That's the ticket.

No, I kinda wish the Pokémon world actually existed and we had them as life partners no matter what happened. You always had someone to turn to in a tough time. Even if they couldn't talk like Meowth can.

But then, Pokémon are sort of a competitive form of dog-fighting or something like that that already exists. It's just legal. ;)

But yes, I kinda wish I could have a real Torchic or somesuch, and would not conform to Team Plasma. :)

Cyclone

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I wouldn't join in them because it's not like we're forcing Pokemon to fight. I mean, we forcibly catch them but if the Pokemon doesn't want to fight, it doesn't (referencing anime here) and some choose to, so it's not like we're pitting them against each other to fight against their will.

Years
I would never join Team Plasma cos I love my Pokemon way too much to release them.

Besides, I don't like being a bad guy. If they were more peaceful and friendly I would join them.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I would never. I love the Pokemon too much.

I'll never join a villainous team even if I have no idea that they have tricks up their sleeves.

Years
The pokemon are happy with a good trainer and not with a bad.

The pokemon are not the slaves of human. You have to remember about charizard and ash. When charizard refuse to fight. Ash couldn't do anything. So, charizard is not a slave. If he really want, he could go away but he stay with ash.

The trainer uses their pokemon to fight, but when a pokemon is hurt, they walk... no they run to a pokecenter.

Pokemon and trainers share a particular bond. Nothing can break it.

So, no I disagree with the ambitious project of the team plasma.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Yes I would, because I think their platform makes a lot of sense.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The pokemon are not the slaves of human. You have to remember about charizard and ash. When charizard refuse to fight. Ash couldn't do anything. So, charizard is not a slave. If he really want, he could go away but he stay with ash.
I think he liked to tease Ash with his disobedience. He wanted Ash to know he wasn't going to be reliable. He knew he was Ash's Pokémon and could be called back to his ball at any time, so he wasn't trying to run. He just showed that he didn't care. That changed after he got turned into a block of ice and Ash spent the time thawing him out.

But yes, the same idea is shown in games, too. If a Pokémon is above Level N, above which level players without the Y Badge are not going to be able to command it, then it will do whatever it wants. If you think about it, as far as the anime goes, Corphish did the same thing when the group met the Winstrate Family; Max borrowed the Corphish and in the third battle won even though the Pokémon ignored him; the attack it used just happened to be its best one.

But yes, a Pokémon belonging to a trainer almost in a sense shares a lifeline with the trainer. When the Pokémon is hurt, its trainer will protect it with his or her life. And the Pokémon show the same respect for their trainers.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would never. I love the Pokemon too much.

I'll never join a villainous team even if I have no idea that they have tricks up their sleeves.

Well thing is they wouldn't be villainous! n_n

However, I was also wondering to add to the topic question that is relevant to everyone, what if Plasma paid you a certain amount every week to be their spokes model - would you actually give in then and join them?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
However, I was also wondering to add to the topic question that is relevant to everyone, what if Plasma paid you a certain amount every week to be their spokes model - would you actually give in then and join them?
I presume the unhappy employee element comes into play here, yes? When not spokes-modeling, you just get chummy with people saying you don't agree with the policies of the group.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well yeah - if you were a part of Plasma with that role and you were speaking on what you didn't believe in you'd be sad but you'd be rich! And early on in the game (as I assume it'd be in your trainer life) then you kinda need the money, so with that in mind idk if I actually would then.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Yep. I'd join.
I always thought the Plasma motives made sense, and actually I think that it would have been unethical to keep intelligent species in a ball to be sent out or fed whenever we wanted to. Or forced to fight, for that matter. If a pokemon wants to be with you, great. He'd stay even if he weren't in a pokeball then. You don't need a pokeball for a partner.

Another reason was because I had so many boxed pokemon, i felt sorry for them being stuck there doing nothing. Why catch 'em if they were only going to be boxed? If the pokemon were real, that is.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Nope, never! Pokémon aren't oppressed by trainers, they're helped by them and cared for by them. They have the right to grow strong and have a trainer that cares for them and will take care of them so that they can grow to the best of their ability, so I think Plasma's ideas were horrid. However, I would be willing to make a compromise and not keep boxed Pokémon :p I think Plasma's ideas were extremely misjudged, but I guess that's not what they were aiming for anyway so it doesn't really matter what they said haha.

Back