• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The American Politics Discussion Thread

Zet

Years
Where exactly did I say that hoesntly your just defecting my point with failed sarcasm, so I will try to nsil my point into your thick skill again.

If people need to see a doctor there is insurance, if they don't want to see a doctor that is their choice. I dont like hospitals so I dont go, if I get sick and I die I die, that is my choice. I refuse to pay for something I dont want or need. Everyone else can get insurance, goto the doctor hell for all I care they can see the pope for prayers I dont care. They point is if they want to see a doctor they can, if they dont they dont have to...

if you are arguing you cannot afford the insurance because your poor, then do something about that. I grew u poor I went to school worked hard now I live a comfortable life, not rich or anything but I meet my expenses with some left to splurge
A few pages ago you said you had a broken ribs before but you simply walked it off. You were also complaining that people don't need to see Doctors.

I think you really set the bar for how stupid you have to be not to see a doctor about something like that... you should probably see a doctor about that bar.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
How is this "announcing opposition"? He just said he won't be PUSHING for it, which doesn't really matter since it's a state issue anyway. Obama has to deal with issues in the East that might turn into WW3 at the present time, which I regret to admit are more important.

I'm not the biggest Obama supporter, but I'm less of a fan of taking things out of context, twisting words around, and putting them into peoples mouths than I am of him.

Also, this article was posted well before the election, so using it to make it look like Obama is backstabbing the LGBT community and allies that voted for him is wrong. In the original MTV article which this article lists as its source he asserts opposition to DOMA. Obama shows nothing but support for same-sex marriage etc in the MTV article.

7zKZM.jpg

HarrisonH

I doubt Pokemon will be a hit
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
Romney cancels credit cards of all staffers immediately after losing the election

Mitt Romney isn't exactly famous for his loyalty; he has a history of jettisoning people once they've outlived their usefulness to him. This time, it's his own staffers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaine...fers-credit-cards-in-the-middle-of-the-night/

A completely misleading title posted by FreakyLocz? I'm so surprised.

Direct quote from the article "First of all, I've been very clear about my belief that same-sex couples have to be treated before the eyes of the law the same way as heterosexual couples. I think that's the right thing to do. It's based on my personal experience, seeing loving couples who are committed to each other, raising kids and are just outstanding people. And I was supportive of civil unions, but they taught me, if you're using different words, if you're somehow singling them out, they don't feel true equality."

And "Here's the kicker; realizing that some states are now endorsing gay marriage, Obama suddenly became a champion of states' rights, asserting, 'For us to try to legislate federally into this area is probably the wrong way to go.'"

All of you shouting Gary Johnson should be all over this, since that's the Libertarian stance.

I won't say I'm not disappointed though, getting DOMA off the books would be a great way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
honestly i could see why he is not "fighting for it"
gay marriage is getting passed in a ton of states right now and will easily be legal in pretty much every democratic state

also this article seems really bias the first line pretty much says it
" Barack Obama isn't exactly famous for his loyalty; he has a history of jettisoning people once they've outlived their usefulness to him. This time, it's the gay community."

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't see how it's a dick move. Why should he allow a campaign that has ended to incur more debt unnecessarily?
I think it's probably the way he did it, considering he lost. I know I would have been upset too.

Maybe "let go" would have been a little more nice, but "firing" them was probably a bit too harsh? I dunno really, but that seems like the most logical reason.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I think it's probably the way he did it, considering he lost. I know I would have been upset too.

Maybe "let go" would have been a little more nice, but "firing" them was probably a bit too harsh? I dunno really, but that seems like the most logical reason.
So... your issue is more semantics than the act?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018

"Let go" and "firing" are two ways to say the same thing. The former is just a term used to sugar coat it.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
The reason its a dick move is because all of these people dedicated their time and effort into helping him win the election, and in the end he doesn't even care enough to spare them (Or, at least, the large majority of them) the cab fare to get to get home.

And, of course, although his campaign was over the organization itself still had things to file with the government before they could 'officially' close.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
The reason its a dick move is because all of these people dedicated their time and effort into helping him win the election, and in the end he doesn't even care enough to spare them (Or, at least, the large majority of them) the cab fare to get to get home.

And, of course, although his campaign was over the organization itself still had things to file with the government before they could 'officially' close.

The Romney-Ryan campaign provided transportation, food, and lodging to its volunteers.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Very disappointed Gary Johnson did not get the 5% he needed for the Libertarian party to be recognized federally. I'm not going to comment on silly issues like healthcare or abortion or any of that political football. There are more important issues at hand, but a pokemon forum is not the place to discuss it.

Back