• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When do you consider you Pokemon Game "Compelted"

Warship

異議あり!
Years
a game is completed for me if i start derping around. and i usually derp around when i
*beat the champion
*do the postgame stuff
*catch all the available legendaries
*complete the regional pokedex
*defeat all npc's

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Once I've beaten the strongest trainer in the game and caught all Pokemon in the regional dex available in the game, so not including the version exclusives from the other games (only for the games without wi-fi), and the ones only obtainable through events or cheating, whereas I only see beating the E4 as semi-completion. I don't believe I've completed a single game then, following my own criteria. I've tried, but I've never actually gone through with it, as I just get impatient everytime I try to find certain ones :p

Years
I would consider it to be when I have a strong team at level 100 and have the national dex completed. I've done neither of these things, though, ever. Working on it now in Black 2 >:I

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
As long as I finish all the post-game extras, including rematches, and complete the National PokeDex, a game is considered "completed" to me.

Funny thing is, I've been completing the PokeDex since Platinum, and as a result of completing it on Soul Silver, White, and Black 2 Versions, I now own at least one of every Pokemon to exist at the moment. xD

UltraPyrus

Wizu Wizu!
Years
I consider a game completed when I have gotten all of the Gym Badges, beaten the Elite Four, and done everything and all of the sidequests. I don't really consider completing the National Pokedex "completing" it.

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
I guess for me, they can be considered complete once you've completed the storyline past the Elite4 if need be... Everything else is added to what I'd like to call replay value :))

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Beating the champion is pretty much where I consider the game finished. Unless have to defeat a special trainer like Red, then i consider the game completed when I beat them.

Years
I suppose I need to answer with 2 sentences because "beating the game" and "completing the game" are two entirely different matters for me.

I would consider "beating the game" as: Beat the Elite 4 and Champion. (This is my "Completed" game definition) Adding additional events after are merely things to keep you playing the game.

"Completing the game" implies that you've done EVERYTHING in it, as in: Nat'l Pokedex completed, Battle Facilities (i.e. Battle Frontier, Black Tower/White Treehollow, etc.) "completed" (all prints, all floors cleared, etc.), post-game Legendaries caught, post-game Trainers defeated, etc. (This is more of beating the game in a completionist's viewpoint, imo)

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I consider my game completed when I've acquired one of every Pokemon in my PC. I'm not sure why; just filling up the Pokedex ought to be enough, but for me it isn't. I like to have everything in National Dex order sitting in my PC. I wind up doing sidequests etc whilst I'm doing this, so it's probably more a long-term goal than anything else, otherwise I'd probably just give up after I'd explored post-game areas...I've never been overly fond of sidequests.

With Black 2, I'd consider it complete when I've got every medal...which is never going to happen, because some are beyond ridiculous and I don't have the patience for them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
I never consider my game finished. I build up the team i want and then,I ¨stop¨ playing until the next game comes out. Then I build up the team i want in the new game and transfer old pokemon. TBH ive never cared of the pokedex

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I usually consider it completed when I've got the pokédex as complete as possible, destroyed the pokémon league, levelled up my pokémon to fairly high levels (varies from around mid-60s in Emerald to high 80s like Red's in HeartGold), and had a decent stab at the Battle Tower / Battle Frontier. I actually managed to get a sticker from 4/5 facilities in Platinum last time (guess which one I couldn't. Hint: my pokémon team in that runthrough was awesome).

But for the pokédex part that goalposts shift. On LeafGreen or Emerald it's literally catch everything possible and get all the evolutions / baby pokémon possible. In Diamond, Platinum and HeartGold it's a complete regional 'dex. And on Black...it's never completed, I lose interest. But I always aim to defeat Alder (only have once though).

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
When I beat the Champion?
I don't really do all the post-game stuff.

tnfsf11

I consider mine completed when I beat the E4, or when I reach them & don't feel like continuing because there's not much to do afterwards...
However in games like G/S/C and HG/SS I have to beat Red ofc :)
I don't really have the time or brains to level up all my pokes to lvl.100 or complete the dex, the only game in which I completed the dex (all pokes seen but not owned) is in Gold, & that's because I didn't have to trade/evolve much, & I only traded with myself :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Generally on my first playthrough or two I'll consider it over when I obviously beat the Elite 4 and any super bosses, as well as capturing all the legendaries. As for regular playthroughs for fun, i'll just beat the elite 4/champion and call it quits.

Years
I usually consider it done when I beat the Elite 4 and the Champion.
After that I take my time to do the post game stuff.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Sometimes when I finish the Elite Four and Champ stuff, then I consider it done.

Other times, I don't stop till I have my national Pokedex.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I consider a game complete when I get my ideal team all to level 100, and as many legitmate pokemon as I can get recorded in my Pokedex.

Because screw wasting 100+ hours trading back and forth between random people just to get those few extra super-rare legendaries.

Back