• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Masterball

MrBananaMan212

Original User Title
Years
Actually, my brother has like, twelve Masterballs in his Pokemon White 2 version *he hasn't obtained his in White 2 yet*. It started with trading a Pokemon that held the Masterball from his ruby to his sapphire. Trading two Pokemon that held the two Masterballs to his Firered. Trading three Pokemon that held the three Masterballs to his Leaf-Green. Pal-parked all four Masterball carrying Pokemon to his Diamond Version. Traded five Masterball wielding Pokemon to Pearl. Six to Platinum, Seven to HeartGold, Eight to Soulsilver. Transferred Nine to Pokemon White. Traded Ten to Pokemon Black. Traded Eleven to Pokemon Black 2, and finally traded all twelve over to his White 2, where he will soon gain his Thirteenth.

All in all, he could develop two teams with all of the ones he has currently. It is possible, just time consuming. He probably won't ever use them either :P .

As for me, I used to use it for Roamers, or Mewtwo in Firered. However, I have recently slowed up on using the Masterball, and much like my brother, keep it for collection purposes.
Wait, you cant transfer pokemon holding items from gen 4 to five. How did he do that?

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
On emerald you can get rayquaza pretty early in the game so i used the master ball on it and pretty much used it all the time after that making the game incredibly easy. Still whaiting for a shiny to obtain one :P

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I often don't use it on many games, but on games on Fire Red and such, I would use it on the roaming Pokémon since especially in FR, once they escaped from battle they were gone forever, haha. xD;

But when I first played Black back a while ago, I didn't know Reshiram's catch rate was 45, so I threw a Masterball. I really regret that xD;;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I save the Master Ball on a legendary I want to catch, like Articuno or Lugia or Zekrom. I don't want to battle a legendary in order to catch it, I just want to catch it and get it done. :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
I usually save the Master Ball for a shiny. Most of the time if I'm SRing for a shiny legendary I'll use the Master Ball on it. If not that then I use it on a shiny that can self destruct/flee but only if I'm unprepared for it.

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
I usually farm them in Fire Red and transfer them up to to Diamond and then to Black 2, I save them for shiny encounters.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I clone it and use it for roaming Pokemon and the random shiny I encounter. Everything else I try to catch the hard way :)

Back