• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever thought of suicide ?

Faye Rose~

Resilient
Years
All of the time...

Especially recently. I'm in a really bad situation in my life right now and sometimes I just think ending it would be the best way to handle it..

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I've thought about it, yeah, but never to the point where I considered them to be more than intrusive thoughts that are just natural. I did go through a period in high school where I was super depressed, though, and I needed a therapist. I remember my therapist telling my mom that I was suicidal. I told him off on the phone and stopped showing up. In retrospect, I still don't understand why he diagnosed me that way.

Wait, what? I thought that a therapist couldn't just go and do that. Isn't that breaking patient confidentiality or something along those lines or are the rules different over there? Here, no matter what the age of the client and regardless of if their thoughts are suicidal or not you can't just go telling someone like that. I'm more than a little surprised, haha.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Yes I have thought of it, oh how I thought of it. My freshman year of high school is when I hit my bottom. I just thought life wasn't worth living if it was going to be as crappy as it was then. The closest I ever came was picking up a knife and holding it over my heart. I stood there for thirty minutes before I put the knife back. I just kept telling myself I would do it tomorrow. I'm not sure how I got through it, but I did.

Don't worry, now I'm loving life and have dreams for my future. I can't stand the talk of people killing themselves because I came so close. I'll never forget those feelings of depression, and I'll go out of my way to make sure that people never feel that same way. That's why I want to become a teacher. If I can make one kid's days in high school a little less miserable, then I've done my part.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Suicide is wrong. Period. I have never thought of it, nor will I ever. I have had my horrible moments, but it always gets better. There is no where to go but up.Think about all the people in your life you would effect also.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
While, I have had times where I wondered what life would be like without out me around, I've never contemplated suicide before. My life has been too good so far for me to want to take it away and end it all. Sure like all people I've had some sad and very low moments and been depressed, but I've always knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel and have made though it all. I've gone through some awful stuff , but I know all the pain my family and friends would feel if I killed myself during hardships. Suicide isn't worth it in my opinion. Life will always get better and you're worth more than you think.

Saki

The Fire Fox
Years
I think for a lot of people these sorts of thoughts only occur when they're unable to cope with things happening at present in their lives. For example some people have a hard time dealing with financial issues, or family issues, etc, and if these issues piles up they may have suicidal thoughts. Keeping your mind clean and having good mental health can keep these sorts of thoughts away.

I do believe there are people with chemical imbalances and poor mental health who cannot control it by themselves but for myself I know I am happiest when I am productive in my life and that means being in school and/or going to work and doing things in my spare time such as creating art or practicing yoga.

My advice to anyone who has these thoughts is to find out what you're missing in life, find the things that make you happy! If you cannot do it on your own then talking to someone about it is probably the best solution. It's also important to remember not to be ashamed about it. There is nothing weak about admitting you need a bit of help, not in my mind anyway!

Honest

Hi!
Years
When I was younger, around when I first joined PC, in fact, yes. I was depressed and didn't know where I fit in in life. I don't know why it mattered to me so much, but I felt really alone. Didn't have any real friends, didn't know what 'fun' really was. This was before I had internet, mind you. At times, it got really bad, where I'd cry in my pillow, consider myself to be pathetic and worthless. Those were bad times. At one point, I sunk to an all time low and suicide crossed my mind. End it, you know? I wasn't thinking about how it'd affect anyone else, I just didn't want to feel so pathetic. I dreamed of ways to end it, but that's the furthest I ever went. I never inflicted pain, cause I was afraid of that, too. I saw it pointless to hurt yourself if you just want to end the pain.

Fast forward a few months, and I discovered the internet. Specifically, PC. This is before all the social media fuss; PC was my first opportunity to freely socialize. Sure, it was with people I'd possibly/probably never meet, but that's better than what came prior, right? Unfortunately, I guess two things still got in my way. One was that I was still a tween, so I was dumb and made several stupid mistakes on PC in my early days. Coming from someone who was just getting initiated to socializing, I took those infractions and warnings way too close to heart than I should have. The second thing was that, well, it was still the internet. Not real life. I didn't want to be only happy at home. I wanted to live life outside the four walls I slept in. These 2 things crept up on me, and forma second time, I eventually went back to being slightly depressed. Suicide did come up again, but it wasn't as... honest(?) as my first time. At that point, I was seeking attention. I wanted to see if anyone cared if I died. Sure, my parents would. But that wasn't good enough for me back then. I remember creating a suicide thread on PC very similar to this one around that time lol.

One thing happed that allowed me a way out: high school. A new opportunity to reinvent myself. Be more brave, more courageous. I guess that was my ray of sunshine in the darkness, my hope. I swore to myself that I'd try my hardest to be different. To be noticed. And, well, it happened. I was less butthole-ish and mood swingy and more nice and (dare I say it?) charming. Where did come from is even beyond my understanding. But it came. Granted, not immediately, it was a process, but I noticed things were getting better and I managed to, eventually, get out of the pit. PC also helped, for sure. I was much happier, and this place, I guess, helped me realize my faults in clarity. I guess I just answered my own question as to why all I cared about as a noob was VMs and Social Groups.

Now, 6 years after that, and being someone completely new, suicide still crosses my mind, but the tables are turned. I'm aware that my reason for being suicidal/depressed can't compete with other peoples' lives, people who have absolutely nothing going there way. But I think that it doesn't matter what exactly is causing us to inflict self-harm, the simple fact that it is doing just that is enough to have us relate in someway. Today, I absolutely despise the notion of suicide, as well as self harm. I do not hate people who do such things. It's easy to say something like that if you've never felt the urge to leap off your 4th floor apartment building. Suicide is something that keeps popping up in my mind today because of how big an issue it is. Slightly deviating from the topic, but if I see someone who has cut wrists that I know well enough, I make every attempt to aid them. Yes, I know that's breach of privacy, hence me only going up to people I know well enough. But I can't bare the thought of one of my friends going so far as to inflict pain.

Some people may know I have a habit of standing on the edge of buildings. Part of the reason I do that is cause the view is amazing, but part of it (sometimes) is because I remember those thoughts from years ago. To stand so close to Death's door and choose to live, when the temptation of free flight exists, makes me feel powerful. A weird psychological thing, probably, but it does.

I don't believe I've truly ever admitted so much about myself, my past, and why PC means so much to me. And why I can be an attention ***** at times. :P No, but seriously. Guys, suicide is not the answer. Please.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I've been suicidal multiple times in the past. There have been times where I attempted it, even going so far as to slash my wrists. (It was the only option I had at the time.) Self-reservation kicked in though, and now I'm slightly better. The thought still crosses my mind (even had a brief thought of hanging myself earlier today), but I'm doing better. Instead of concentrating on those thoughts, I redirect them to something else until the feeling passes.

Like Dipu, I didn't really have much of an out until I signed up to PC. Here, and other Pokemon forums, is where I made friends for the first time in my life and gave me someone to talk to and have fun with. Being here has helped made me a little more comfortable as a person, and... I don't know. Just signing onto here helps me.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
I had thought about it for years; I'd even gone into great details of when, how, where, etc.
Luckily, I never attempted. I have gotten some therapy and whatnot, so I should be good ;o

Outlier

Wait, what? I thought that a therapist couldn't just go and do that. Isn't that breaking patient confidentiality or something along those lines or are the rules different over there? Here, no matter what the age of the client and regardless of if their thoughts are suicidal or not you can't just go telling someone like that. I'm more than a little surprised, haha.

I'm not surprised by Ace's story to be honest. You'd be surprised how unprofessional some of these shrink types can be. Once the school counselor that I had been seeing felt the need to come and drag me out of class while I was in the middle of doing a project with my mates, I told her that I'd come see her later during our break but she wouldn't accept that and instead decided to go through the list of reasons that she wanted to talk with me out loud and in front of everyone. I was always a private guy with my problems so I felt humiliated and angry when she started listing all of my personal issues for everyone to hear.

She claimed she didn't mean for other people to hear but I knew she was just being a passive aggressive ***** because she wasn't happy about me not listening to her request right away.
In that moment I truly wanted to show her how crazy I could really get haha {XD}

Years
I have. I've almost completed suicide twice in my life, but due to luck I didn't die either times. I've made a lot of suicidal gestures starting from when I was 8. I was severely depressed up until recently and it was very hard to cope with. I had bipolar disorder but didn't know it for years.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
I've thought about it for many many many years, I guess since I was 10, so about 11 years. I think about it less now because I have a child and wouldn't dream of leaving him without a mother. I've never acted on it though, just kind of used to wish something would come along and kill me. Now I have my son, though.

Sirfetch’d

I've never really been suicidal to say to the point of where I would actually think about killing myself but I have had a few times in my past where I would wish I wasn't alive. I used to dwell on things, make them out to be worse than they actually are, and all of this would just make me depressed :/ Now I have a positive outlook on life and am super excited about living it out to the full potential :]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I've seen a couple counselors and they both told me that if they determined that I was an imminent threat to myself or anyone else, they would be required to break the confidentiality agreement to protect whoever was in danger. That would be imminent threat though, as in they think you're going to kill yourself tomorrow or something.

Of course, I spoke to a school counselor in middle school about intrusive thoughts I was having after going through the suicide section of our health class, and she told every staff member at the school that I was having visions of killing myself, so some of them are just stupid.

Ranx

Baadshah :P
Years
Okayh so many different people with different opinions .. well so .. dont try it ever guys .. it wont solve anything i actually tried onceee but thats 2 years ago .. i lost something precious .. well i survived .. (i dont wanna share the whole story xd) so anyways .. it didnt solve anything..

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
No. I don't think I've ever hit a low that low before to ever consider it. I love my life even with all of its many hiccups and moments that make me wish I could just sink into the ground. I think life is a precious gift that should be cherished and lived to its fullest. After all, out of all those millions and billions of sperms, you, the person reading this now, made it through to the ovum and became who you were today! Never mind those flaws and weaknesses; I believe that each and every human has been put here on this earth for a reason, so much as I.

To all out there which this is relevant to, no matter how much your life may suck or how much you think you're worthless, it is all just temporary as all things on earth are. Situations change. Things never stay the way they are; you just gotta find it within yourself to push yourself forward and live. Suicide is a permanent end to something temporary. After winter, spring comes. Old things go, new things come. Don't you ever forget that.

TY

I had quite the thought of ending my life in June 2013, since i was just feeling awful back then and a lot of stuff happened to me that made me wanna end my life, but after that i never had that thought ever again.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
No. It's selfish and stupid. What do you know other than this life? What "relief" can you feel if you can't feel anything after death? What about the amount of time, money, and love spent on you from childbirth, the privileges you enjoy that other, more unfortunate people across the world can only dream of that you are so callously throwing away?

Anyone who thinks they have no choice is just too lazy to think harder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back