• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Im hacking emerald.
How do you change the badge pictures? also is there a tool for editing trainers? and how do you edit the titlescreen?
The badges are changed with UnLZ-GBA, a tool that edits the sprites in the rom.
As for trainers, there is another tool called Advance Trainer, by HackMew.

Henceforth, this isn't the place to ask for these. This thread is directed twards Emulation.
For future reference towards rom hacking and editing, please ask your questions in this thread.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
is it possible to pal park on an emulator? if so how?
You might be able to. But I don't know how. Afaik, there is no emulator for a wifi network.
Hello! when I insert a script or change an existing one some thing always happens another script is messed or when I change a trainer using a trainer editor another trainers stuff gets messed up can anyone explain why and how to stop it thanks.
It's because you augment a compiled script. Scripts that have been compiled can only be edited to become less (or same) in content.
Making the script bigger will mess up other offsets. Even one more character that produces extra byte(s).

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
I searched but did not find. This is definately a simple question, though. I am trying my first run at DS Emulation. I downloaded No&GBA and ran a Pokemon Diamond ROM from either coolroms.com or romulation.com (or net, I don't remember). I tried both and got the same message:

The data could not be read.

Please turn off the power, then remove and reinsert the DS Game Card.

So my question is...

What should I do?

Garland

Rouge troll.
Years
Question:

What emulator would you advise to use to play ROM hacks? No$gba, DeSmuME etc.

Also, can you provide a download link the emulator of your choice, thanks.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Sora's Nobody- None do. Only iDeas has a 'dud' WIFI to fool the Rom into thinking that WIFI is enabled. This way, you can access the Underground.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
ok so this is a pretty basic question.
i have mac and i've been playing gen i and ii games with kigb, but it seems like the mac version makes weirdly formatted save states that can't be opened with other emulators. since linking/trading isn't supported on kigb for mac this is a problem. can anyone help?

Years
I already asked something similar to this in December, but I didn't get any answer.
So: Is there a way to play DS games (to be more specific: Pokemon Platinum) on an emulator without sound? I'm playing on No$gba and
when I set "Sound Output Mode" on "None" the game always freezes when a Pokemon's cry would be played. Is there a patch, or another stable DS emulator with which I could play without sound?

Years
I never heard of that function before, but somehow with the help of google and some experimentation I did actually manage to find it, and it works. At least one thing that's better in Vista than it was in XP

Thanks.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
the thing im most confused on is this
the first is the default value
tis is what it looks lie in the disassembler
0400000a 1e05 sub r5, r0, #0x0

and the value i want to change it to is
0400000a 1e85 sub r5, r0, #0x2

how would i be able to do that?

the asm tutorials help a little its just certain things i dont get about it though =\

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2011
Me and a friend edited our own Fire Red to make it more challenging, etc. We did a lot of work, and now we feel we need to add extra features to the patch.

Here it is: We used Advance Map to make our own building in Viridian City. We then edited Movement Permissions to suit. Now, with regards to events, I am stuck. I want it to be a certain headquarters for a side story in the game. My friend and I have little knowledge regarding this sort of thing, and I've eventually joined PC to seek help. Basically, we need help completing this building, etc.

PM for contact details (MSN, etc.)

Thank you so much.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
OK, Ive stepped away from VBA for awhile. Now Im using that Desmume stuff. Is there a thread that tells you how to deal with .rar files since I cant seem to find a ROM download that isnt an .rar file?

Back