• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I have finished Ruby 42 times!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Let's do this. State how many times you've finished every 3rd Gen game. Of course, with adding personal comments.
By "finished", I mean beat the Elite Four clean without cheats (please don't lie! :P ).

Here's mine:

Ruby : 2
Sapphire : 7
Emerald : 3
FireRed : 2
LeafGreen : 5

I personally played LeafGreen and Sapphire a lot. I got Ruby first, but I thought of trying Sapphire out, and kept playing and playing it. I didn't get FireRed until later. Same goes for Emerald.

Let's do this! It's a mini-game, of sorts, like "1000 Reasons Why", of course.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'll have to dig deep into my memory for this one...

Sapphire: 2
Ruby: 1
Emerald: 7
FireRed: 4
LeafGreen: 2

These numbers are fairly accurate, give or take a couple finishes. I know for sure that I've completed Emerald more than any of the other ones.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
This is hard to remember but lets try.

Sapphire: Once. I didn't get any Ruby or Sapphire when they first came out cause I couldn't afford a GBA until 2005. I finally bought a copy of Sapphire with Christmas money in 2011 and have only played it one time so far.
Ruby: None cause I don't own it.
Emerald: At least 5. I had two copies cause I lost the first one.
FireRed: 2 times I got it after losing my copy of LeafGreen and didn't touch it as much.
LeafGreen: About 5-7. I played it a lot before getting Emerald and then losing my copy.

Sirfetch’d

As a 3rd generation fanboy, I'll add my numbers to this =D

Sapphire- Once. I had Ruby growing up and my brother had Sapphire, so I never really had a chance to play this, but we decided to trade the games once and do a playthrough of each others versions.

Ruby- Around 10 times. I loved my Ruby version and I really wish I still had it. This was my first gen 3 game and I will never forget it.

Emerald- This is my favorite game of all time and I have played it at leas 30 times. This is a game that I can never grow tired of!

Firered and Leafgreen- Listing these together because I have played them around 10 times each. I loved these games and I don't think I could grow tired of them either =D

Years
Ruby: 2
Sapphire: 0
Emerald: 0
FireRed: 0
LeafGreen: 1

I need to finish Emerald soon... I don't have Sapphire and I gave away Ruby for whatever godforsaken reason, maybe because I though I didn't need it with me having Emerald. I'll probably get Firered soon.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Sapphire - One time (I lost it at my grandpa's house and I never got it back)
Ruby - Four times (Replaced my Sapphire and I love replaying it)
Emerald - Two times (The first time my brother screwed with my save, so I restarted)
FireRed - Two times (Look at the Emerald reason)
LeafGreen - None (Never owned it)

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I've owned only Ruby, Emerald and FireRed. I've completed the latter 2 once, but Ruby twice, reason being I accidently deleted my save file! haha ...
The tally for the other games and the ones listed will go up 1 soon though, I've bought all the Gen III games recently and plan to finish them once more!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ruby : 2
Sapphire : 7
Emerald : 3
FireRed : 2
LeafGreen : 5

Sapphire- Once. I had Ruby growing up and my brother had Sapphire, so I never really had a chance to play this, but we decided to trade the games once and do a playthrough of each others versions.

Ruby- Around 10 times. I loved my Ruby version and I really wish I still had it. This was my first gen 3 game and I will never forget it.

Emerald- This is my favorite game of all time and I have played it at leas 30 times. This is a game that I can never grow tired of!

Firered and Leafgreen- Listing these together because I have played them around 10 times each. I loved these games and I don't think I could grow tired of them either =D

That's cute.

I'd love to tell you how many times I've played each gen III game, but I honestly have lost count. The best I can give you are some crappy estimates. RSE is at least 50. FRLG is probably 20, though none of those are recent. I know right? I used to actually REALLY like those games!

Dark Zapdos

Arose from Darkness
Years
Ruby: 2 First game of the gen I got, but lost it years ago
Sapphire: 5 Preferred this over ruby as it's got Salbeye and Ludicolo
Emerald: 3 Best pokemon game hands down
FireRed: 4 Almost as good as emerald
LeafGreen: 0 Found my brothers one and will be playing though it soon

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
That's cute.

I'd love to tell you how many times I've played each gen III game, but I honestly have lost count. The best I can give you are some crappy estimates. RSE is at least 50. FRLG is probably 20, though none of those are recent. I know right? I used to actually REALLY like those games!

My jaw drops.
It's so easy to restart the game, right?

I mean, we can all feel refreshed by taking other Pokémon to accompany you through your journey.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
ERS: around 10 times between them, I tried to master it but only had one gameboy so trading was a no no

FRLG: around 6 times on firered thanks to the VBA's speed had

Years
I've never played either LeafGreen or Ruby, so I can't add those to my list, but I have beaten Emerald once, FireRed twice and Sapphire three times. I just really don't like restarting my games, and since I rarely play on emulators, I don't expect my totals to get much higher than this, either.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've played through Pokémon Ruby a lot of times. I can't exactly tell you how many, though, because I haven't really kept track of the count. xD I've played through Pokémon Emerald three times, though, that's for sure! My cousin and I were having a race to see how many times we could finish the game, and she ended up winning. I grew a bit tired of Emerald after my second run.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Ruby: 0 Just got it and still have not even started it yet!
Sapphire: Don't own yet
Emerald 1 I still have not done every little thing in it, and would love to replay it but could never wipe my save. If I got a new copy, I'd jump right in. I could never run out of teams with Hoenn Pokemon :P
Firered: 1. I have two Firered carts, currently going for the last two badges in my second copy. I still have to play Leafgreen but already getting a tad bit tired of Kanto :P Atleast with Leafgreen, I'll be using my favorites that did not get a chance in FR. :)
Leafgreen: Don't own yet

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Ruby: about 6 times
sapphire: 2 times
fire red: 4
leaf green: 2
emerald: Definately more than 30. about 35 (super speed up emulator and too much free time and ive beaten emerald twice this month xD)

I really liked Emerald the most because of the battle frontier and I have 1 gold symbol and 6 silver ones and I'm planning on getting all gold.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Ruby: 1
Sapphire: 1
Emerald: 3
Leafgreen: 2
Firered: 2

I only redid LG and FR because I lost my carts and had to get new ones. Emerald I generally enjoyed so much that I played it three times through.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
The only actual generation 3 game I've played to completion is Emerald, and I've done that about 5 times. I find emerald the one pokemon game I keep coming back to thanks to the inventive region, fluid gameplay and good art style and pokemon.

CrowSvenson

DarkTrainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
Once, maybe, for all of them. I play to near the end and then get distracted many times.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
My first game is Leaf green

and its my first pokemon game and i love it too much

POKEMON EMERALD:1
POKEMON RUBY : 3
POKEMON LEAF GREEN : 6
POKEMON SAPPHIRE : 1
Pokemon FIRE RED : 3

I played mostly Leaf Green and Emerald but i didn't play sapphire too much and ruby also

Leaf green is easy to win and its also because its the first game i have played i played it since i was 17 years old

And fire red i played 4 times but one time i failed and didn't try to play it agian.

Back